Notices

Post Pics Of Broken SS AutoChome Manifolds!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 01:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post Pics Of Broken SS AutoChrome Manifolds!!

*Sorry, subject should say SS AutoCHROME**

My 3 friends is seriously wanting to buy this manifold because its cheap and looks good.

But little do they know how crappy they are so I need your help and a little laugh and show them what happens to these manifolds with them falling apart etc...

So help me out and post them pics so I can link them to this thread...
Old 12-13-2004, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Post Pics Of Broken SS AutoChrome Manifolds!! (integlspwr2k)

SSAC manifold on for 6 months and 8000miles now.. No cracks or problems.

If it's done right and the turbo is supported from the block, you'll be fine. If you just install the manifold without braces and slap a 25lb turbo on and it cracks dont come back crying.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Post Pics Of Broken SS AutoChrome Manifolds!! (Slammd Sol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slammd Sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">SSAC manifold on for 6 months and 8000miles now.. No cracks or problems.

If it's done right and the turbo is supported from the block, you'll be fine. If you just install the manifold without braces and slap a 25lb turbo on and it cracks dont come back crying.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you sir, are wrong...

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1073443

"It had extra braces added to the manifold/flange as you can see, as well as a brace coming from the block to the turbo. It's just a pile of **** manifold, with weaksauce metal."
Old 12-13-2004, 02:31 AM

holy ****! =/
Old 12-13-2004, 02:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (littledan)

if your friend wants a blinging mani try the Sparks turbo mani. i've been told by a lot of people that it looks like the SSAC mani. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME COMPANY heres a pic of it on my sisters car.

pic work? (pics are blocked at my work )
Old 12-13-2004, 03:54 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Post Pics Of Broken SS AutoChrome Manifolds!! (SHystrdyGSRtdy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SHystrdyGSRtdy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you sir, are wrong...

"It had extra braces added to the manifold/flange as you can see, as well as a brace coming from the block to the turbo. It's just a pile of **** manifold, with weaksauce metal."</TD></TR></TABLE>

where!!?!???? I dont see anything that looks like this:

where is it? I dont see that lower bracket ANYWHERE on your setup? sure you've got the upper braces but the turbo is still hanging out in limbo...er I correct myself WAS hanging out in limbo.

you MUST support a turbo from underneath as well as from above when it sits that far from the block. He did and his didn't crack. you DIDN'T and yours....broke off hahahhaaha

Old 12-13-2004, 04:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Post Pics Of Broken SS AutoChrome Manifolds!! (stackz)

Oh god, here we go again.....
Old 12-13-2004, 04:39 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Post Pics Of Broken SS AutoChrome Manifolds!! (Speed PHreak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Speed PHreak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh god, here we go again.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

yep
Old 12-13-2004, 04:51 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SHystrdyGSRtdy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you sir, are wrong...

"It had extra braces added to the manifold/flange as you can see, as well as a brace coming from the block to the turbo. It's just a pile of **** manifold, with weaksauce metal."</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, keeping the braces that come with the mani is ******* stupid . cut them off and brace it like slammdsol did. it will work just fine.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:05 AM

Default Re: Post Pics Of Broken SS AutoChrome Manifolds!! (wantboost)

LOOK!!! at the broken one

It was obviously cut off and rewelded on a slant and was rewelded poorly

They dont mount there flanges cocked like that

As long as you brace the mani from the block you are guaranteed its not breaking on you

Easy way to save money, dont give a **** what anyone says
Old 12-13-2004, 05:18 AM

you sir, are wrong...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

you sir, need to read that entire thread.. maybe even twice..
Old 12-13-2004, 05:23 AM

i need to learn to read

Modified by slow90hatch at 2:45 PM 12/13/2004
Old 12-13-2004, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Post Pics Of Broken SS AutoChrome Manifolds!! (slow90hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slow90hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that manifold(the broken one) is not a SSAC manifold the wastegate mount is to close the other tuning and the flange is cocked to much

</TD></TR></TABLE>

It IS an SSAC. If you'd read the attached thread with those pictures you'd know that the turbo flange was cut and turned intentionally to fit a large turbo with an uncommon offset. Not sure what you're saying about the w/g flange though
Old 12-13-2004, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Post Pics Of Broken SS AutoChrome Manifolds!! (1 Cam Wonder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1 Cam Wonder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOOK!!! at the broken one

It was obviously cut off and rewelded on a slant and was rewelded poorly

They dont mount there flanges cocked like that

As long as you brace the mani from the block you are guaranteed its not breaking on you

Easy way to save money, dont give a **** what anyone says</TD></TR></TABLE>

The funny thing is, guys on that thread still dont figure, that its fvking recut and rewelded. Trying welding something thats been polished already. Truthfully, how the hell does a brace break like that? Even if the manifold cracked, how the hell would you break those braces?!??! One word. Whoever rewelded it. has SHITTY WELDS.

As you guys notice, the manifold DID not crack. Out of all weak spots , it cracks there. SURE! once again, all USER ERROR.
----------
Ive been running 7+ months now. NO PROBLEM! Ive seen local guys running them without BRACES or ANYTHING!! and it seem to hold up! Lots of guys have made stoopid common mistake and crack these, becasue they dont own a flex pipe in their exhaust system or so. I would say, ALL USER ERROR.
----------
Like who I am, FVCK what everybody says... You wont know, till you try it. I gaved it a shot, and viola! It works! Why not keep it? As if its gonna hurt your pocket that bad.

Not because Im a cheap bastard. I wanted to try it out and see for myself and the results? damn fvking impressing. I get full boost of 7psi on low 3,ooo rpms!

Not because Im a cheap bastard. I wanted to try it out and see for myself and the results? damn fvking impressing. I get full boost of 7psi on low 3,ooo rpms!

fvck them haters.

Modified by synik at 7:12 AM 12/13/2004

Modified by synik at 7:12 AM 12/13/2004

Modified by synik at 7:15 AM 12/13/2004

Modified by synik at 7:15 AM 12/13/2004
Old 12-13-2004, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SHystrdyGSRtdy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you sir, are wrong...</TD></TR></TABLE>
you are the one that is wrong. Why don't you read that whole thread and you will see that the turbo wasn't properly braced from the block. I personally know a couple of people running this manifold with no problems at all for months.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:26 AM

Default Re: Post Pics Of Broken SS AutoChrome Manifolds!! (SOHC_MShue)

So I've got a question. Does anybody have any experience with the new OBX's that already have a brace to the block? I recieved one as a gift for my birthday, and before I use it I am going to put a flex pipe in my down pipe, but I was wondering if I needed to re-do the bracing. It already has one brace from the block to the bottom flange, and then three others from the head flange to the turbo flange.

Anyone have experience with these new ones or suggestions on the braces? Will I need a an actual brace from the block to the turbo itself or will the brace from the block to the turbo flange on the mani suffice?
Old 12-13-2004, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

keep them pics comming!
Old 12-13-2004, 01:41 PM

If you have to buy a manifold, and before you can even use it, you must redesign it's bracing...that right there should give you a hint on what kind of quality manifold you're buying. But hey, you get what you pay for.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:51 PM
TurboJesse

you sir, are wrong...

if that turbo was braced correctly it wouldn't be sitting 6 inches below the manifold I could pull my manifold off without the turbo dropping 1 cm...
Old 12-13-2004, 02:14 PM

do a brace and you will be golden

by the way, not a mani to mani brace, go turbo to block or something along that line.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:58 PM

I've had my ssautochrome manifold on my car for about a year! NO cracks, NO breaks, NO boost creep...trust me, if you brace the manifold correctly you will not have to worry.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Post Pics Of Broken SS AutoChrome Manifolds!! (Ibiza)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ibiza &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So I've got a question. Does anybody have any experience with the new OBX's that already have a brace to the block? I recieved one as a gift for my birthday, and before I use it I am going to put a flex pipe in my down pipe, but I was wondering if I needed to re-do the bracing. It already has one brace from the block to the bottom flange, and then three others from the head flange to the turbo flange.

Anyone have experience with these new ones or suggestions on the braces? Will I need a an actual brace from the block to the turbo itself or will the brace from the block to the turbo flange on the mani suffice?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Please post pics.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mattcalica)

When was the last time anyone bought a computer or any produt for that matter and had to modifiy it so they could use it without it breaking?
Old 12-13-2004, 05:05 PM
yelltrap

Contact anyone making thin walled turbo manifolds and anyone with half a brain will tell you the manifold is for the gas to go from the engine to your turbo in the most efficent possible way, not meant to support 25lbs of dead weight.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude you redid the manifold yourself...........you turned the flange to an angle and thus rewelded it yourself.... your welds failed son. i've ran this manifold on a t3/t4e turbo and it lasted 1yr w/o problems until the support brace gave up. IF PREPED correctly like the other guy with the support brace to the engine block, this manifold will last your $200 it costed you.....I say with street driving and the manifold doesn't crack due to bracing it'll last about 2.5years. A DC header lasts about 3yrs...it'll then rust to cr@p....seen it on my all motor car....LOL!!!!

for the money this ssautochrome manifold is still good... NO DOUBT!!!!!

Quick Reply: Post Pics Of Broken SS AutoChome Manifolds!!