Notices

Position of injector bungs in intake for additional injectors???

Old 01-10-2002, 11:46 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Position of injector bungs in intake for additional injectors???

As most of you know I have the MF2 and 2 extra injectors in the intake. After some issues with piping I had to get new pipes made. The second pipes have the additional injectors in a different position. Which do you think is better? And is the other one neccessarily "bad"?

[Modified by 00SilverLS, 3:46 PM 1/10/2002]
Old 01-10-2002, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Position of injector bungs in intake for additional injectors??? (00SilverLS)

As most of you know I have the MF2 and 2 extra injectors in the intake. After some issues with piping I had to get new pipes made. The second pipes have the additional injectors in a different position. Which do you think is better? And is the other one neccessarily "bad"?

[Modified by 00SilverLS, 3:46 PM 1/10/2002]
well if you do it just like in the picture the 1st one will still be better. the fuel is being injected right into the IM. with the 2nd pic its going right int the pipe across it. the 2nd pic would be better if you angled it towards the intake manifold.

EDIT: WHAT THE!! I had to edit this cause my post was inside the "quotes"

[Modified by BlueShadow, 5:11 AM 1/11/2002]
Old 01-10-2002, 01:36 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Position of injector bungs in intake for additional injectors??? (BlueShadow)

no...its completely perpendicular to the pipe.
Old 01-10-2002, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Position of injector bungs in intake for additional injectors??? (00SilverLS)

Yeah that is a picture of the piping, not the manifold.

I do not have a whole lot of tech info to interject... but I would think fuel would atomize better with the first setup. Also, nitrous jets are normally not perpendicular, but are at an angle spraying in the direction of flow.

Dustin
Old 01-10-2002, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Position of injector bungs in intake for additional injectors??? (dustin)

i agree with dustin, but i have also seen single fogger kits that are perpendicular..and they worked fine. I would say get them angled if you can.
Old 01-10-2002, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wonder if the air flow wanting to follow the short radius has any impact on this? I don't know either way, but it's something to think about.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know what the pic was of, I was saying if the injector was angled so that it sprays into the intake manifold it might be better.

Old 01-11-2002, 02:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Position of injector bungs in intake for additional injectors??? (D-SPEED)

i agree with dustin, but i have also seen single fogger kits that are perpendicular..and they worked fine.
That's because the nozzles open at a perpendicular angle compared to where it's pointing. In other words, the opening of the nozzle is on the side, that's why you HAVE to install it perpendicular to the intake tubing.

Anyways, the fuel injector sprays straight, so install it pointing straight towards the TB.
Old 01-11-2002, 05:41 AM
New User

Just for the hell of it, I will disagree. The first one seems like the best option intuitively, but the intake runners are not designed to carry an atomised fuel charge. You may see quite a bit of condesation on the intake walls and a leaner charge than you want. I don't think the second is a great option either. It will basically spray right at the wall, and condensation will be huge.

I think your best option would be to point the injectors backwards into the air stream (like reverse the flow on number 1). The reason is the incoming air charge will increase the atomization of the fuel and the charge will be more uniform. You will get less condensation and more consistent fueling. I have seen it done for stock fuel systems and it works. It is also used in carberators (venturi assisted).

I am sure all three ways will work, but I think my way is the best of all three. Of course, IMO.

Randy