Notices

Poll: Favorite OEM Type of Forced Induction

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poll: Favorite OEM Type of Forced Induction

Got a bet with a guy at work regarding which types of FI are preferred and which types of FI are seen as "higher" tech.

You can chose between OEM Car A and OEM Car B (both have similar power output)

A. )V6/V8 with Eaton Based Supercharger (i.e. the type typically seen on most GM/Ford Cars...Ford Mustang Cobra, GM Grand Prix-2000 vintage, etc.)

B.) V6/V8 with twin turbochargers (i.e. Ford's ECO Boost, Porsche 911 Turbo, etc.)

Which car would you buy (prices are equivalent)? Why?

Do you consider one more high-tech than the other?
Old 08-18-2009, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Poll: Favorite OEM Type of Forced Induction

my honda civic with my motor and turbo
Old 08-18-2009, 12:42 PM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

LOL... OP you are a dumbass for starters. This is a Honda forum and most on here have Honda's. Not all of us on here are strictly Honda's but by the cars you put in your signature you either read way too many Chevy High Performance/Super Chevy magazines, and everyone knows Dodges suck the dick anyways. If you truly are trying to talk about 60* & 90* engines then you are on the wrong site. Also nobody cares about your bet; there is no TECH in this thread.

Also, WTF I just reread your post. Which one is considered to be more high tech? You have to be joking because this technology has been around for a hundred years. Pull your nose out of a magazine and put it into a book, better yet, I doubt you can read so you should probably just stick to pictures in the magazines.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you would probably get a better response in the GD forum. as far as what's better? either has been shown to work. i mean the new zr1 and new 911 fit your example on both sides. both engines make great and flat power.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:03 AM
No Sales Forums

wow guys cut the guy some slack ...
Old 08-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

with what is below, i will have to say the v8 with the blower. although my roots are always true to the 3.8 buick.

well since i started working at evolution performance, and you take a stock gt500, with an intake and a tune will get you over 500 to the wheel. stage 2 will get you 575 to the wheel.

we took delivery of the boss's sons 2010 gt500 and we are already over 850 to the wheel with a kenne bell 2.8h blower, and the accompanying parts.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

first of all... their all old technology...

then it comes down to perference... If you can make 1000hp in a Cobra... And can make 1000hp in a Supra... What difference does it make??

If you have a 800hp Viper and a 9 sec street car... How could you not know the answer to your question... LOL
Old 08-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fernancivic
wow guys cut the guy some slack ...
I agree, bashing the guy isn't helping this board at all. If you don't like his question don't participate in this thread!

I think they are both good technologies and have their own unique advantages. I don't think either technology in itself is more 'high tech' than the other.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boostedcivicsir
with what is below, i will have to say the v8 with the blower. although my roots are always true to the 3.8 buick.

well since i started working at evolution performance, and you take a stock gt500, with an intake and a tune will get you over 500 to the wheel. stage 2 will get you 575 to the wheel.

we took delivery of the boss's sons 2010 gt500 and we are already over 850 to the wheel with a kenne bell 2.8h blower, and the accompanying parts.
Now slice that GT500 motor in half and you'll get a popular modern import engine.

Who the hell makes 100-120 WHP per L on boost these days? When did a 180 WHP boosted B16 ever became high tech for comparison's sake?

Horsepower is nice, and there is always room in our hearts for big raw power that's easy to attain, and sometimes cheaper to achieve our goal.

But for cars, pride, knowledge (knowing more than the other guy) and being "into the new thing" is what gets us into the car scene. Even if you drive a hotrod, you get a huge kick out of having a new tech gizmo installed in the car. Like a more modern LS7 inside an old muscle car for example. You show up in a Mustang on nitrous, running 11 sec passes on slicks. You aren't impressing anyone except for that fat chick who works at the drive-thru.

Now let's start talking about efficiency, thus, what technology is about. Or else, we can all stroke our V8 motors to 12000cc and make 1000 HP all motor on nitro...

Modern technology lets us make the power, boot around town and have fun with the car without shredding a hole on the ozone just above you. It also sets realistic boundaries so that we can build a setup within reasonable limits and improve on every aspect. I was tuning a twin turbo Viper recently and the thing depleted my entire stock of race gas in one session, whereas I would use it for months tuning 500+ WHP Hondas. How technological advanced is that? lol

Whenever we speak of technology, always flip through an Euro magazine and see what BMW, Mercedes and McLaren are cooking in the meantime.