Notices

Please reccomend a tuner that will actually answer the telephone in Orlando Florida

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please reccomend a tuner that will actually answer the telephone in Orlando Florida

I have a boosted 90 miata 1.6

it needs to get tuned.

so far everyone i have been referred to has either ignored me or blown me off.

and , no, so far it doesnt appear to be because its a miata. more like they just have shitty customer service.

i wont name names just yet, but a few central florida shops have dropped the ball already.

i dont get it. i have green money. they have a dyno. what am i missing here? lol.
please refer me to a reputable tuner. thanks.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Please reccomend a tuner that will actually answer the telephone in Orlando Florida (Mr.E.G.)

what engine management.

although not my first choice, my boy just got his car done at central florida turbo, I had my car turned there once......once.............

I would prefer you go to Titan but they are a busy shop, you just gotta understand how popular they are. i can tell you cause I live near them, there is a whole room of people who are just dedicated to taking orders and answering questions. Their tuners are usually not there often so it will take time to get back to you.

If your up for the drive, mase in in JAX, I've visited him twice from orlando.

Maybe LHT???
Old 04-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please reccomend a tuner that will actually answer the telephone in Orlando Florida (mike1114)

I have a Link ECU.

I am thinking about MASE but i really want to avoid the drive up to jax if at all possible.

everyone says mase is the bomb *** **** so i may just bit ethe bullet and drive up there.

Yeah, i wont say anything bad about Titan being that they were busy and i understand that my car isnt thier preferred vehicle to tune. but whenever i asked anyone about tuning they looked at me with this "whats a dyno?" kind of look. its like they werent sure if they still did tuning.

one of the guys in the phone room referred me to someone who will remain nameless for now, and i contacted this referral guy for tuning and we exchanged some emails and that was the end of it. he just kind of stopped emailing me.

im not unreasonable. he may have had an emergency or something and i may still hear back from him. its just frustrating because virtually everyone i talk to isnt sure if they can do it or not.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please reccomend a tuner that will actually answer the telephone in Orlando Florida (Mr.E.G.)

well....you are running a car not very popular on this forum at least so there is the difficulty.

I too hate the drive to Mase, hell, one time, my car didn't even make it back (Kaboom) But he is good, very friendly and helpful.

Did Titan quote you a price yet? That alone might make you not want to talk to them......
Old 04-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please reccomend a tuner that will actually answer the telephone in Orlando Florida (mike1114)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well....you are running a car not very popular on this forum at least so there is the difficulty.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i think i didnt explain myself well. the problem didnt come from trying to find tuners on here. i called several shops that tune a variety of cars and most of them never even let me get to the point where i told them what kind of car i had. they acted like i was the first person who ever requested tuning and they were sort of caught off guard/ just wanted to hand me off to the next guy.

also, i asked on one of the miata forums, but lets face it, there is a lot of misinformation when you are on a forum that centers around just one vehicle. they are a small group of people and few of them have cars that need the type of tuning that i need.

i think all in all there is a lot more general knowledge here.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I too hate the drive to Mase, hell, one time, my car didn't even make it back (Kaboom) But he is good, very friendly and helpful.

Did Titan quote you a price yet? That alone might make you not want to talk to them......</TD></TR></TABLE>

no, i waited around for about an hour to talk to Nero at Titan. he was with a vendor or something. i could tell they were talking about business and advertising but i wasn't really paying attention. i understood that he was busy it just sucked because i was originally told to talk to darin there and he apparently doesn't tune anymore. so they said i would need to talk to Nero and he was busy. Then one of the sales guys at Titan felt awkward about me just waiting there so he referred me to someone else who emailed me back but then disappeared.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why dont u like cft in orlando? just wondering.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please reccomend a tuner that will actually answer the telephone in Orlando Florida (95dc2teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95dc2teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why dont u like cft in orlando? just wondering.</TD></TR></TABLE>

they are one of the "didnt answer the telephone" tuners i was referring to.

however, they do have an outgoing message that says they wont be returning calls for a few days. i probably would have gone with them had they been there, but what are you gonna do, right?

at this point nate has gotten back to me in good time and if everything checks out, he will get my business.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.E.G. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they are one of the "didnt answer the telephone" tuners i was referring to.

however, they do have an outgoing message that says they wont be returning calls for a few days. i probably would have gone with them had they been there, but what are you gonna do, right?

at this point nate has gotten back to me in good time and if everything checks out, he will get my business. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I would try emailing CFT or pming them if you want to get ahold of them. I have pretty much stopped answering calls from numbers i dont know because it just gets to be way to tedious answering all of the calls and talking for long periods of time while i'm busy doing things. Also my phone bills went through the roof! Even with messages i get mixed up with which message is from which number, or forget to call back, etc. Its much easier when customers email or pm me because then i can reffer back to it when they email again and be like oh yea i remember who that was. Or i can tell them to then call me and i will know who it is.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please reccomend a tuner that will actually answer the telephone in Orlando Florida (SOHC_MShue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I would try emailing CFT or pming them if you want to get ahold of them. I have pretty much stopped answering calls from numbers i dont know because it just gets to be way to tedious answering all of the calls and talking for long periods of time while i'm busy doing things. Also my phone bills went through the roof! Even with messages i get mixed up with which message is from which number, or forget to call back, etc. Its much easier when customers email or pm me because then i can reffer back to it when they email again and be like oh yea i remember who that was. Or i can tell them to then call me and i will know who it is. </TD></TR></TABLE>

right on.

i think i may have solved the tuning problem but if it doesnt pan out ill shoot them an email.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if a shop like cft or titan goes to an event not in town, sometimes they are gone for like 3 days, and at CFT for sure, the tuner is the owner and he will be at the event their racing at.

patience son.....it took you probably a while to build it, you can wait just a little longer.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if a shop like cft or titan goes to an event not in town, sometimes they are gone for like 3 days, and at CFT for sure, the tuner is the owner and he will be at the event their racing at.

patience son.....it took you probably a while to build it, you can wait just a little longer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

pssh. it took me like five minutes to turbo da whip.

seriously though, cft is not in the hot seat. i completely understand that they arnt there right now.

i dont have any beef with Titan either. i just thought it was odd that they didnt seem to know if they were doing tuning anymore.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.E.G. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">right on.

i think i may have solved the tuning problem but if it doesnt pan out ill shoot them an email.</TD></TR></TABLE>
good luck
Old 04-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

honestly goto XAT racing in tampa its like 1:30hours or 2 hours away an thet know what there doing with miatas
Old 04-23-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: (tony413)

CFT has always been there for me.. great people, great tuners. Just because they didnt answer your call right when you called doesnt make them bad.. That shop is pretty damn busy, if you cant be patient, maybe there not for you.. I have never had a problem with CFT all of the times ive delt with them, unless their out of town, like they probably are now.

Give it a few days, or atleast try e-mailing them.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:50 PM

Try calling Projekt7 in Daytona Beach. One of the guys that works there has a turbo miata. He might be familiar with the link. Just call them and ask. I don't have a number handy, but they do have a website so googling it should pop up their site and its on there. Ask for Mike, he is the one with the turbo miata.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.E.G. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so far everyone i have been referred to has either ignored me or blown me off. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I have the same problem up here in Mass. I don't know why but no one around here will respond to emails, voice mails, IM's here, etc. I guess the tuning business is a good paying gig and tuners don't need new customers. [/rant]

Good luck in your quest!
Old 04-24-2007, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slowteg90)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slowteg90 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Just because they didnt answer your call right when you called doesnt make them bad.. .if you cant be patient, maybe there not for you.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i never said they were bad. i said that i completely understand why they didnt answer and that they even had an outgoing message saying that they wouldnt be returning any phone calls for a few days.

just to reiterate. i have zero reason to dislike them. several others gave me less than great service. CFT simply was busy doing other things. thats not thier fault, and im not even slightly upset about it.