Notices

Pics of my new B series turbo mani, what you think,

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of my new B series turbo mani, what you think,

Just got it today in Toronto. My Dart block is getting finished up, Car should be on the streets within 3 weeks forsure. I finally dont have to use mt DRAG mani no more. I got a great price on this bad boy. Ill be street mostly but obviously hittin the track as well. Looking for around 400 daily and easily 500 track!

What do yous think of it, Sorry for crappy pics esp when I take such good ones normally

I will be bolting up my garrette t3/t4 60-1 to it and my new tail 38mm gate w/ open dump ofcourse!

Thnaks guy, later
Old 04-13-2004, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Pics of my new B series turbo mani, what you think, (B18C GSR CIVIC)

Where did you get that at. It looks alot like the SSAutoCrome Manifolds on Ebay.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pics of my new B series turbo mani, what you think, (slim9300)

Manifold is made at shop in toronto. Guy thath runs Splitfire, Has the 8.66sec civic. SO I have 100% faith in anything esp when your a good customer~
Old 04-13-2004, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Pics of my new B series turbo mani, what you think, (PrecisionH23a)

noice
Old 04-13-2004, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pics of my new B series turbo mani, what you think, (slim9300)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slim9300 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">. It looks alot like the SSAutoCrome Manifolds on Ebay. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Its not made by them and I did just try searches now and nothing anywhere that show a good pic. Anyways whats SO BAD about this manifold for those that have actually toyed with em cause it made over 600whp on the car they had it on? Well same manifold, not this one!
Old 04-13-2004, 06:23 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: Pics of my new B series turbo mani, what you think, (B18C GSR CIVIC)

Say it with me..."its ok that i have a SSautochrome manifold." ....welcome to the club, ive been a member for awhile now
Old 04-13-2004, 06:28 PM

that is an ssauto ebay manifold. trust me i have one. works well but be ready to have that sucker welded. mine crack in 4 places in 2 weeks oh yea and the support brackets from the turbo flange to the head fell right off. here check your self http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33742
Old 04-13-2004, 06:42 PM

Default Re: (useless)

id rather have a drag mani..... i wish you luck i hope it works out for you.

Landon
Old 04-13-2004, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (boosted_dc2)

its a ssautochrome for SURE!!!get rid of it.my wastegate flange completely came apart.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats what i was thinking too. I hope you didn't pay too much for it. I heard they crack a lot. The drag manifold is generally prefered over this one.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess the guy screwed u. I hope u didnt pay too much for it. take it back to him
Old 04-13-2004, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

id take that back..
stupid spiltfire.. they hosed you OR you werent paying attention.
get a refund and ORDER an INLINE PRO FROM arturbo
Old 04-13-2004, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (calmweed)

i agree fully,after my experience with that manifold i rather run a log over the ssauto anyday or nite which i do after mine cracked.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Heres some pics of how some people tried to brace this manifold.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=817682
Old 04-13-2004, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Cyphear)

my nephew got JIPPED by a shop on here for one of those CRAPPASS AUTO chrome manifolds... the guy promised him a custom tubular manifold, similiar to LOVFAB's for only $500 bones... but when he got the manifold, it was a CRAPPASS AUTO chrome.. the ***, even claimed it was a true LOVFAB style manifold w/ the heavy duty SS construction and then went on to make excuses.. I can't believe how light those pieces of junk are.. when i tap them, they sound like they're made out of some plastic composites, not even steel... the flanges look and feel like hard plastic too.. even i was furious.. And i knew it was a deal too good to be true..

In the end, the guy did send my nephew his money back via pesonal check.. hopefully if the check doesn't bounce.. he'll be one of the lucky ones..
Old 04-13-2004, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (calmweed)

HE ordered it from a guy in Hawaii, who originally promised him a custom equal length mani.. it took a while for it to come too, about 3-4 weeks..

The funny thing was.. the package was shipped out of NC from a guy by the name of "Jonny English".. And it had all the notorious gaskets that you see pictures w/ those SS auto Junk manifolds on Ebay.. that's how we knew automatically it was a Scam...

My nephew also had to deal w/ a 3rd guy from MA w/ this whole manifold order..

To me, it sounded too fishy.. why does it take 3 guys to complete a simple transaction like this..

just hope yall, dont fall for this and remember the saying: " if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.."
Old 04-13-2004, 07:51 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted_dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">id rather have a drag mani</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 04-13-2004, 08:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted_dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">id rather have a drag mani
</TD></TR></TABLE>

werd

I don't like the wastegate local. Shouldn't the air be rushing into it instead of it pointing straight down. I guess you could redo that, but right now it looks like it may create problems. I wonder how well it will hold up and perform under high boost pressures?
Old 04-13-2004, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95integraLS)

THANK YOU very much guys, Well its midnight heer and Im goign back to toronto thurs anyways to get my dart block so I will go back to the shop and simply ask to have it switched with something else. I mean my frag mani is mint but in all honestly, I hate that thing and Im tired of boost creep issues even if im running (will be again) 17 psi daily.

Its not made my ss but your all right, looks almost if not identical. I dont have a scale to weight it but it feels good and solid10-12 pounds. Ill keep yous updates,

THanks
Old 04-13-2004, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (maxpsi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by maxpsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

werd

I don't like the wastegate local. Shouldn't the air be rushing into it instead of it pointing straight down. I guess you could redo that, but right now it looks like it may create problems. I wonder how well it will hold up and perform under high boost pressures? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I will soon to run high boost on this, I will let you guys know how it goes!

THIS MANIFOLD IS GREAT! Just the fact that it has to be nicely braced! Other then that, looks nice..
Old 04-13-2004, 09:39 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: (synik)

lol...this manifold isn't gonna break because of high boost pressure The simple fact of the matter is it can not support the weight of a heavy turbo/dp hangin off it. I personally use the same manifold. Bracing the manifold will not do much. I have my turbo itself supported with bracket off the block, along with the dp. I am able to remove the manifold completely without the turbo even moving. There is NO weight on the manifold. The manifold its self made some good numbers
Old 04-13-2004, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol. I know of a guy here that is related my one of my old buddies. Here's the story. He was supposed to make a manifold for a customer. Turns out he ordered an SSautochrome and claimed he made it. I never saw it, but my buddy said it was gorgeuous. He said it was equal lentgh, shiny and chrome, and the welds were like he's never seen a MIG do before. This kinda confused me, the guy owns a 130amp wire feed that does not do much when it comes to beauty. When I went over there to check out a new turbo he ordered in, he showed me this funky looking chrome 2" OD pipe. He said he got it with a turbo he ordered before. I knew I've seen the damn pipe somewhere before. Low and behold I remembered when I saw the flange he showed me to go with the pipe. It was the stupid downpipe that SS autochrome inlcuded with their manifolds a while back. HAHAHAHA...what a joke. downpipes do not come with turbos....they come with manifolds. I never said anything though....I just let him think I didnt know
Old 04-14-2004, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Paul_Vang)

Kenny man i had the exact same manifold DO NOT PUT THAT ON UR CAR

No offence is a Piece of **** it will crack.

Spitefire

U got taken
Old 04-14-2004, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here are some pics of the one i had

Sorry kenny take it back to those ********
Old 04-14-2004, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Pics of my new B series turbo mani, what you think, (JDMCRX)

I have been to Splitfire and I have to say that Paul is a smart guy. He has a very fast civic up here. Nevertheless, when I went there to speak to him about my setup, buddy was the biggest dick! I was inquiring about tuning my car through him therefore I would ask him which fuel management system I should purchase?? His answer was..."just bring your car to me, give me 5 grand, and I will make it go fast!!" WFT is that!! I couldn't believe his answer so I asked again...trying to make myself as clear as possible and I got the same response. Buddy has no personal/people skills whatsoever...not to mention his sketchy ways. Take that manifolf back and don't deal with them. They are in the business to rob your ***

Quick Reply: Pics of my new B series turbo mani, what you think,