Notices

Passenger side intake piping, please share pics!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side intake piping, please share pics!

Almost done boosting my LS hatch. I searched old threads and saw alot of missing pics. I think i'm gonna chop up my AEM short ram and make an intake, but wanted pics of what other people have done. Heres what i have to work with. Thanks for the help.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:39 AM

Default Re: Passenger side intake piping, please share pics! (BDogggUT34)

I just had a S-bend made to locate the filter into the freespace area.

EDIT: cheapy pepboys filter replaced with a K&N filter

Old 04-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Passenger side intake piping, please share pics! (KiddEng)

That's nice, but my intercooler piping is routed right there. I was thinking of a 45 or 90 bend and put the filter in the space you see in my pic above.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:08 AM

You would have much more space if you move your fan to the front of your Rad from a puller to a pusher type.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:18 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BDogggUT34 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's nice, but my intercooler piping is routed right there. I was thinking of a 45 or 90 bend and put the filter in the space you see in my pic above.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so your cold side piping is like how it would be on an Integra? yeah then you won't have space.

i would do as CRX T-Si says and move to a slim fan in front of the rad. so you free up some space, then a nice 45/90 bend will allow you to place the filter there.

measure out the amount of room you have when you move the fan, then go to K&N's website and search for a filter with those dimensions and your good to go

just make sure you account for engine movement...or else the back of your rad will look like this:
Old 04-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

get a slim pusher fan and then you'll have plenty of room. . .
Old 04-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Passenger side intake piping, please share pics! (CRX T-Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRX T-Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You would have much more space if you move your fan to the front of your Rad from a puller to a pusher type.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm gonna try that, i'm at work and can't really picture it, but there is room in front of the radiator to put that? I guess it seems there would be something in the way. Also the fan that is showing is a slim fan that my brother in law bought for his 240sx but didnt use. its the same size as far as diameter as the stock fan. There are just two wires coming from it. Could this be both a pusher and puller, and all i have to do is find the right polarity to make it turn the way i want it?
Old 04-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Passenger side intake piping, please share pics! (KiddEng)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KiddEng &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
just make sure you account for engine movement...or else the back of your rad will look like this:
</TD></TR></TABLE>

ouch! Good call, i'll remember that!
Old 04-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 04-18-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: (inspyral)

Even if you switched the polarity's you have to reverse the blades. Imagine an airplane wing if you do not have the instruction.

your not cutting the wind your guiding it so the sharper edge should be towards the radiator and the smoother edge needs to be towards the front of the car.

and in front of the Radiator there is plenty of room, if you are gonna leave the A/C in like me all you have to do is bend the A/C line infront of the condenser out a bit and you got 2 pushers hidden.

I will take some pics tonight for you to see.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (CRX T-Si)

there's my filter setup on a EG with gsr piping. i dunno if you will have enough room since it looks like your turbo sits a bit closer to the rad. but im sure you can make something work.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CRX T-Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRX T-Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Even if you switched the polarity's you have to reverse the blades. Imagine an airplane wing if you do not have the instruction.

your not cutting the wind your guiding it so the sharper edge should be towards the radiator and the smoother edge needs to be towards the front of the car.

and in front of the Radiator there is plenty of room, if you are gonna leave the A/C in like me all you have to do is bend the A/C line infront of the condenser out a bit and you got 2 pushers hidden.

I will take some pics tonight for you to see.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cool thanks! I looked last night and i think i'm gonna do it. I don't have AC and definitely looks like plenty of room. I just have to use some heavy duty zip ties to secure the fan.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dpetro1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dpetro1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

there's my filter setup on a EG with gsr piping. i dunno if you will have enough room since it looks like your turbo sits a bit closer to the rad. but im sure you can make something work. </TD></TR></TABLE>

that's pretty much exactly what i was picturing in my head. I think i can make something like this out of my short ram piping. Thanks