Notices

Over heating and Fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Over heating and Fuel pressure

Two seperate questions here fellas.

First the POS is getting pretty damn hot. I'm think I fixed it by putting in a new thermostat. But i let it idle up to temp the other day and the fan didn't kick on. Keep in mind the temp gauge a bit bellow half way. I've jumped the sensor connector and the fan kicks on then. Also the lower radiaor hose wasn't especially warm and didn't feel full of coolant. So when should the thermostat open, as it pertains to a 00 si temp gauge, and how would I check or get rid of air in the system. Air in the system is the only other thing I can think of.

Now unrelated issue. I put a base map on the car and wired in a resistor box for my 880's. Now the Fuel Pressure gauge bounces slightly. It never did that before. Any ideas? Things I should check? Running Hondata and a SX fuel pressure regulator. Was running both before and it didn't bounce.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Over heating and Fuel pressure (Lucky_Smurf)

your fuel pressure could be bouncing, because the return orfice(in the fuel pressure regulator) is not big enough to bypass enough fuel, when the engine isnt "loaded" we recently had this problem when trying to get 75psi base fuel pressure with our aeromotive regulator.

about your coolant problem, run the car with the radiator cap off(just idling in your driveway), turn your heater on fullblast, that should get all the air bubbles out. also, open the bleed screw on the coolant outlet by the dist. keep refilling it with water, and sqeeze the hoses. sometimes i turn the car's on and off multiple times, to get the water pump moving, than stopping. you will see large bubbles of air coming out doing this.