Notices

opinions? on which kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions? on which kit

i got a gsr hatch i plan to boost it...which kit should i go with...the drag kit [t3/t4] or the greddy kit [td05-18g], if some1 knows which turbo is better id like to know that also...but another thing...im wanting a b20 bottom end but i have ppl telling me in town here that an ls bottom end is stronger than a b20, anyone and everyone give me ur thoughts about that...im thinking i can boost more in a b20? i plan on putting darton sleeves in and making it a solid block so regardless of which block is stronger, it will be a solid block making it almost "indestructable" if i dont go crazy with the boost ...any ideas or opinions please give some useful info
Old 08-13-2003, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: opinions? on which kit (94`Gsr_Hatch)

If you are going to sleeve a block, you may want to look at the Darton block.
If thats too costly but still are going to sleeve than they should be equall in strength, but don't quote me on that.

You never stated how much boost or HP figures your going for.

I am going to make your decision harder:

http://www.ks-motorsports.com check out all there kits .
also http://www.swift-performance.com
there's also http://www.full-race.com
all offer good to excellent kits, but you are going to have to be more explicit with what you are trying to accomplish, and the amount you want to spend. (and if you want ac)
Old 08-13-2003, 07:54 AM

Default Re: opinions? on which kit (COOKIEPUSS)

Just turbo the gsr motor and then rebuild later when it blows. I personally would piece together a kit. You will save $ and you can make more power . the only thing it weill cost you is some time and patience, but it's well worth it.

I wouldnt get the drag kit because you have to upgrade the wastegate, manfiold sucks, the only thing i like about drag is the bling bling piping, but then again thats chrome
Old 08-13-2003, 07:58 AM

Default Re: opinions? on which kit (quikB18B)

just go custom and go to someone who's experienced in that factor yeah and also you forgot to mention maybe larger injectors,plugs and all the stuff that aint included wit the kit. Go custom you can go get more stuff you need with it too like turbo,timer and stuff which is what im goin for too cheapturbo is the way to go heard alot of good stuff from them too.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: opinions? on which kit (preluder)

http://www.full-race.com

**** revhard. **** drag. if you sleeving, you can take the quailty parts and the power it produces
Old 08-13-2003, 08:46 AM

Default Re: opinions? on which kit (pissedoffsol)

Alright lets start over, tell us your budget and then we can better answer your question
Old 08-17-2003, 09:07 AM

Default Re: opinions? on which kit (quikB18B)

ok...ill start over...im serioulsy looking into a greddy turbo kit b/c it comes with a piggy back computer and injectors...everythign else i need for the turbo besides the intercooler...turbo timer...boost controller...etc...my budget is decent...i can get parts on finance without the finance charge...but now im thinking i want to sell my gsr motor as a complete swap so i can get more money for it and get a b16 head w/ the b20 bottom end...the greddy turbo kit is the same for the b16a as it is for the b18c...the darton block may be too much for me...hence the reason im wanting to sleeve...im lookin to boost around 8-12 psi starting off and hopefully get around 250-300 to the wheels...also i was planning on upgrading the wastegate to a tial but as the manifold goes...id rather get something once and not have to upgrade again...or atleast for a while...another thing i want that hks super sequential blow off valve and that comes w/ the drag kit...but i hear more bad then good about drag...id love to go custom but there arent many people around here that know **** about turbos...i know 1 guy but he is so busy w/ his time i cant ever get 5 mins of it...as far as my budget goes...ill get 2 grand for my gsr motor and well...i get paid weekly and i get about 400-800 depending on sales so my budget isnt my main concern...i just want to get the right parts and get the best power without the hassle of changing my mind in the middle of it b/c that makes me want to throw everything in the garbage...so i like to get everything right the 1st time...ok...lets see ur opinions now that i think ive got everything off my chest
Old 08-20-2003, 10:06 PM

Default Re: opinions? on which kit (94`Gsr_Hatch)

Theres way better kits out there, SFP, FULL RACE, INLINE PRO! Drag GReddy is ok! Just my opinion
Old 08-20-2003, 11:01 PM

Default Re: opinions? on which kit (dmecarboy)

Well, the greddy kit is an internally wastegated turbo, right? So you are limited ot how much boost you can get out of it? correct?

The A'pexi kit has a Ball Bearing tubo option, I hear good things about these.

The greddy kit, with it's builtin fuel managment, isn't tunable...

I'd scour the classifieds, and pick up a used kit, rebuild the turbo, and go with hondata...

I believe the B18 and B20 are the same block, but the B20 is factory bored, I hear coplaints of thin sleeves.

Feel free to correct me anyone, this is all accurate to the best of my knowledge.

-PHiZ