Notices

OMG new turbo =) and look at my spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMG new turbo =) and look at my spark plugs

lookie lookie! hulkhb (jason) help me with the swap out and helped me redo my downpipe. very nice. crpturbo.com

but why? lookie lookie....

OUCH...now how did that happen? i don't know. i never took off the housing until i took off the turbo. sad huh? hopefully i didn't buy the turbo like this....

the spark plugs:

4-3-2-1

2-1

4-3

any comments?

Modified by undercoverdc2 at 8:54 PM 9/27/2005
Old 09-27-2005, 11:39 AM
BANNED

Default Re: OMG new turbo =) and look at my spark plugs (undercoverdc2)

all i could say is DDDAAAMMMNNN....
Old 09-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undercoverdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OUCH...now how did that happen? i don't know. i never took off the housing until i took off the turbo. sad huh? hopefully i didn't buy the turbo like this....
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually... hopefully you did buy the turbo like that... otherwise you have the possibility of something having gotten damaged inside the motor.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:44 PM
New User

Default Re: OMG new turbo =) and look at my spark plugs (splitime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by splitime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Actually... hopefully you did buy the turbo like that... otherwise you have the possibility of something having gotten damaged inside the motor. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well only if the compressor wheel is fucked up....but from the pic, only the turbine wheel is fucked up.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OMG new turbo =) and look at my spark plugs (01geeser)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 01geeser &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well only if the compressor wheel is fucked up....but from the pic, only the turbine wheel is fucked up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yah... but debree came from somewhere... and if the comp wheel is fine... its something from inside the engine.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^ that is true....
Old 09-27-2005, 02:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how were the welds on the manifold. a dirty weld could've broken off and smaked the turbine. tear your head off and see if anything broke off.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

welds are clean. i'll probably have to pull the head and check the valves.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (undercoverdc2)

I'd just do a compression test and a leakdown... and go from there.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too much endplay. Turbine forced itself into contact with turbine housing at high speed, and housing won the battle.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i don't know how the housing could damage the fins like that. i thought the spark plug broke or something. the car seems fine. ONLY thing to me is that, the car sounds like a wrx at idle. lol the bubbly exhaust sound.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:40 PM

thas tight. haha... here i think u need one of these.. im sure i do!
Old 09-27-2005, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, but i don't even drink. lol just come to seattle so we'll see how this new turbo is.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undercoverdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol, but i don't even drink. lol just come to seattle so we'll see how this new turbo is. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont think the big green giant or the red dragon can hang with the silver dolla muhahahahahahaha...
Old 09-27-2005, 06:02 PM
rhd

is that a log top mount? interesting...any pics of just hte manifold?
Old 09-27-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: (rhd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rhd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is that a log top mount? interesting...any pics of just hte manifold?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its one of my manifolds, mini topmount, not seen too much on here cause i dont ***** out my stuff like just about every manifold company on here. its even has a tiny collector inside it to divert flow, currently working on a ac version.
Heres a better pic of one

Anyway back to topic.... that thing looks alot worse in person, lol. thanks for the good laugh Yee, lol.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eli_vang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eli_vang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i dont think the big green giant or the red dragon can hang with the silver dolla muhahahahahahaha... </TD></TR></TABLE>

you silly monkey...take your silver salmon to the hatchery. hahahaha...get it? hatch-ery? get it? oh nm i guess not as good as your joke

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rhd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is that a log top mount? interesting...any pics of just hte manifold?</TD></TR></TABLE>

sure...here you go

if you'd like more pics let me know, i'll post a few more or IM you some pics.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hulkhb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Anyway back to topic.... that thing looks alot worse in person, lol. thanks for the good laugh Yee, lol. </TD></TR></TABLE>

it does look worse in person...but you know, there's only so much you can show on ht. lol AC version?! maybe i should've held out til the release of that oh well, who needs ac in washington. lol
Old 09-28-2005, 11:58 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undercoverdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you silly monkey...take your silver salmon to the hatchery. hahahaha...get it? hatch-ery? get it? oh nm i guess not as good as your joke
</TD></TR></TABLE>

hehe.. funny ur a goof.. anywho looks like jasons work haha. kidding jason.. we had his first ramhorn.. u should make me up a manifold that'll work with my lil ihi apexi turbo
Old 09-28-2005, 11:58 AM
rhd

any collector pics on that mani? and pm me pricing, if you dont mind
Old 09-28-2005, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eli_vang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eli_vang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u should make me up a manifold that'll work with my lil ihi apexi turbo</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm sure he'll hook up my cuzzo in spokane...but uh...where you getting the money for a new manifold boy?!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rhd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">any collector pics on that mani? and pm me pricing, if you dont mind </TD></TR></TABLE>

this collector?

i'm sure jason will hook u up. tell him yee referred ya hahahaha well i kinda did? LOL
Old 09-28-2005, 05:48 PM

haha.. im just saying it for laughs and giggles my log mani does me good..
Old 09-28-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Re: (SOHCD16y8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHCD16y8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Yeah and why dont you send me my harness or money back!!!!!!!!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

dude quit posting stupid stuff man.. i sent ur harness to you today..
Old 09-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOHCD16y8)

Looks like you might have droped something in one of the spark plug holes. And then it came out ******* up the turbo. Maybe a Nut?
Old 09-29-2005, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TurboTagTeam)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboTagTeam &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks like you might have droped something in one of the spark plug holes. And then it came out ******* up the turbo. Maybe a Nut?</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmm...i don't think anything fell into the spark plug holes, cause i never change spark plugs since the day i put in the turbo. unless something came loose and went flying. from the looks of it, there is only damage to the fins on the inside, so i guess whatever it was, it got beaten to debre(sp?) cause there's no damage anywhere else. had to be something small.

one of my bolts holding the turbo did fall off because i didn't use lock washers or threadlock. but that was a big bolt, it wouldn't go in. and then the hole is pretty small for something to go in. and air would be pushing out of it mostly. BUT this does get me questioning because my turbo did start having problems after i fixed my lost bolt problem. i stalled out once the next day and the turbo completely stopped spinning. i thought maybe it was because the turbo got deprived(sp?) of oil, but this may have been the problem.

i should just get the head pulled and take a look to see if anything is wrong there.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:30 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undercoverdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

if you'd like more pics let me know, i'll post a few more or IM you some pics.

it does look worse in person...but you know, there's only so much you can show on ht. lol AC version?! maybe i should've held out til the release of that oh well, who needs ac in washington. lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

All that weight of the turbo on it and no bracing? That looks to me like its gonna crack and fall off over time.

Quick Reply: OMG new turbo =) and look at my spark plugs