Notices

OK...need some more help with kit installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK...need some more help with kit installation

Hey guys.

First off, I'd like to thank the people who have been giving me advice throughout this project - it has been extremely valuable, and I appreciate it very much.

Now, I can see the finish line, but a few things are holding me back. I am not sure of the name of the kit I have, but it has a Garrett T04E turbo, SFP manifold, Rev-hard FMIC and pipes, and a Turbonetics Wastegate. I was told that the kit came from SFP itself, but I am not sure. I bought the kit used. The manifold is bolted on, and the turbo is bolted to that. The wastegate has been mounted, and the intercooler piping has been test fitted, but is not lining up well. Herein lies my question:

I am realizing I will need to cut some stuff to get the intercooler piping to line up well with the intercooler. I was wondering if anyone has installed a kit like this and could take pictures of what they had to cut to get the pipes to fit in well. The car is a 94 Integra GSR.

My second question is regarding the oilpan. I was looking in my shop manual to see how to take this off, and it looked really simple. However, when I got under the car, I saw that the "shallow end" did not look like the picture - it looks like there is some sort of metal shield in the way to get to the bolts underneath. Unfortunately, this shield does not look like it is easy to remove, because it is bolted to a number of other things. I was wondering if someone could tell me if I am on the right track, or if I am completely missing something obvious?

Thanks for the help!
Tyler
Old 05-18-2004, 03:30 PM

Default Re: OK...need some more help with kit installation (Sprockett)

Check out the drag turbo kit install by Dasher. Shows you how to do everything.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:12 PM

That was awesome...thanks
Old 05-19-2004, 01:26 PM

Default Re: (Sprockett)

And if you didn't catch the answer to the oil pan part. You are right that the flywheel inspection cover is in the way, however it is easy to remove, it's only 5 ( I think) bolts... good luck!
Old 05-19-2004, 01:47 PM

Default Re: (SleepyEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SleepyEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You are right that the flywheel inspection cover is in the way, however it is easy to remove, it's only 5 ( I think) bolts... good luck!</TD></TR></TABLE>
if that's the same cover I'm thinking of... I gave up my self trying to get that off... it was a bitch... coulndn't get it off.bolts were too tight.