Notices

ok guys total noob but i want about 300 to the wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok guys total noob but i want about 300 to the wheels

guys i just sold my ls1 and i am wanting to get something fun and gets good gas mileage so i am looking at a 92 - 99 civic hatch and doing a swap and puttin on a turbo

i want about 250 to 300 to the tires but don't have a clue to all these swaps

i have tried search but search sucks on this site

HELP
Old 06-14-2007, 05:21 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: ok guys total noob but i want about 300 to the wheels (mushroom281)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mushroom281 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have tried search but search sucks on this site
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 06-14-2007, 05:25 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the search doesnt suck. you as a searcher sucks. if you cant find anything on this subject, you really, really need to look harder.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:29 PM

the search is AWESOME on this site but the problem you have is not knowing what to search for most likely

so you know two things i suppose. you want 250-300 in a civic HB.

k well you can boost the motor that comes in the car and make that much.

but i think the most difference in the motors is gonna be power potential and torque characteristics.

if you just got rid of a LS1 you are not gonna be too happy with the TQ characteristics of any of these motors unless you do a small turbo which is phesable for your goals.

i would suggest getting an intergra instead ( only slightly biased there ) 94+ and boosting that so you dont have the expense of an engine swap.

then boost it and start there. remember in the honda/boost world TUNING IS EVERYTHING. not displacement
Old 06-14-2007, 05:35 PM

ok thanks yeah your prob correct and i just don't know what to search for

and yes i am sure i will be dissapointed cause my ls1 had about 700ftlbs of torque on the hot sauce

anywho i just want something fun to drive i am coming from a whole different world

Old 06-14-2007, 06:13 PM

yeah just continue to read what you can and it will come together

and i didnt mean to say youll be dissapointed with honda engine TQ characteristics as much as i meant to say boosted 4 cylinders in general. you'll get your TQ set up properly but you not gonna get your 300 ft lbs at 2k rpm lol

start off simple. what are your goals as far as throttle response, overall power, driving style etc......... the con to turbo is everything is a factor when it comes to which turbo to run versus the engine you use.. its tricky but you will figure it out in time. its usually after you do your first setup and realize what does what and what you specifically want
Old 06-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: ok guys total noob but i want about 300 to the wheels (doood)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the search doesnt suck. you as a searcher sucks. if you cant find anything on this subject, you really, really need to look harder.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no, the search sucks. it sucks that it doesnt recognize 2 character entries, and it sucks that 90% off the crap you find and read through still leaves you without a definitive answer.

example- your trying to search for ls motors. now im sure most people put ls in the thread title, but youd have to search for it like b18a/b. i think it sucks.

original poster - if you are remotely mechanically inclined, then you can pull off a b swap in an eg chassis. its literally get the right parts together, and it bolts in and out. helms is a company that makes good service manuals, i never found the haynes to be good.

i feel that you can put an integra ls (b18a/b) motor into a 92-95 civic with a fairly simple turbo kit and make 250-300whp

here are some things you will have to do:
1) upgrade to a beefy aftermarket clutch.
2) buy a turbo kit/setup that compliments what you want. example - dont get a huge turbo that only makes power from 6000-7000rpms and use an ls transmission that drops down to 5000 rpms between shifts. it will feel like ****, trust me.
3) spend money on tuning and management. stock honda motors arent the strongest, and if not programmed properly you can easily blow one up at 200+ hp.

with that, good luck. keep your mind open and just do some research before you spend your money. oh yeah, be prepared to spend some money. those 1000 dollar ebay kits are just plain dogshit
Old 06-14-2007, 08:07 PM

our search is a lot better than other forums.
A lot of forums require the 3+ letter search entry, + a slew of other bullshit, like searhing every 30 seconds, or having to type in a gay little random letter and number combination.

what kind of budget are you on?

Snec you seem pretty new to turbo's, I'd probably suggest getting a kit. Something either full race or peakboost would be really good for your power goals.

a b18c engine would probably be best because 300 hp on the stock block is completely attainable, and with anything less than that, 300 whp would be stretching it.

After you install the kit and b18c, Be sure to spend more than enough on fuel management. An EMS like hondata, neptune, or crome as well. You'll need a chipped obd1 ecu to run any of those engine management programs.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:31 AM

wow i got allot to learn
Old 06-15-2007, 04:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mushroom281)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mushroom281 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow i got allot to learn</TD></TR></TABLE>I would suggest going to the Hybrid section and reading up on the swap FAQ's so you get the understanding of different engine swap options. After that check back over to the FI section and do alot of research. Good luck and have fun.