Notices

is it ok to fill a nitrous bottle with co2??

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it ok to fill a nitrous bottle with co2??

i'm wondering if its possible to fill the tank with c02 insead of nitrous. Do you know if that's possible? or would the bottle pressure be to much with co2??
Old 09-22-2005, 12:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: is it ok to fill a nitrous bottle with co2?? (torqueless)

it would be ok. pretty sure the pressure will be less than nitrous. i don't know if the the company will fill it tho. i thought most places that sell gas require the tank to have the appropriate label. i know all of my tanks are.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Paintball background coming into use here!

I wouldn't. I don't know how much a replacement nitrous bottle is. I am a$$uming you are gonna be using the CO@ as some type of IC cooler and not cheaping out on a nitrous fill. BTW, nitrous and CO2 = not the same.

You can buy a 20 OZ CO2 for $20 get it filled for~$4-5 at a PB shop and easily adapt the fittings it use.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:49 AM

Default Re: is it ok to fill a nitrous bottle with co2?? (Laserjock)

I dont think the people who fill it up would let you put CO2 in the Nitrous bottle. They can get HUGE fines for doing **** like that. They make the big *** CO2 tanks for cars, Ive seen them.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: is it ok to fill a nitrous bottle with co2?? (TurboCoop)

the only problem with a co2 bottle is that theres no handle to open and close it, how do you activate a co2 bottle, besides twisting it onto a paintball gun??
Old 09-22-2005, 12:21 PM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You can use it just fine and it wont cause ANY problems.
The issue you will have is the N2O has a special fitting. You will need an adapter.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: is it ok to fill a nitrous bottle with co2?? (White Smoke)

well if i'm gonna run into problems with people not wanting to fill it up then i'll just go get a 20oz co2 tank, but like i said, hpw would i activate it? im getting an adapter for the opening for the nitrous line but how would i open the bottle without a handle??
Old 09-22-2005, 11:49 PM

u never specified if yer gonna shoot that **** into your motor or use it for cooling? cuz if yer gonna send that **** into yer motor you best go to the junkyard right now and find a replacement motor cuz yer gonna need it
Old 09-23-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: is it ok to fill a nitrous bottle with co2?? (hondaxsimike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaxsimike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u never specified if yer gonna shoot that **** into your motor or use it for cooling? cuz if yer gonna send that **** into yer motor you best go to the junkyard right now and find a replacement motor cuz yer gonna need it</TD></TR></TABLE>s=Sorry, ite co2 is for my smic
Old 09-23-2005, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have the NX intercooler kit.....i got a 50lb tank of co2...so i could fill my 5lb bottle whenever....well the NX kit is setup for n2o...it's easy to fill up...all you do is freeze the 5lb bottle and get a scale...it fills it up fast....thing is..it doesn't work really at all
with the co2....i don't know if it's because of the bottle is made for n2o or what...but it's not worth the hassel of usin the co2....when i run n2o on the kit...it' makes a big difference like 30-40degree difference...which is power.....when runnin the c2o it doesn't even spray liquid it sprays gas....i think it has something to do with the n2o....soon imma gonna try a true co2 tank and see if that makes a difference.....hope this answered ur question...if not lemma know
Old 09-23-2005, 01:09 PM

I've never filled a nitrous bottle with CO2, however, if you are using a true nitrous bottle it will have a stamp twarde the top of it. This is the appoval to show the bottle has gone thru inspection and is capable of holding a certain amount of pressure reliably (The max nitrous bottles are rated to is 3000PSI). I think CO2 is stored around the same pressure as Nitrous. Should be no problem getting the bottle filled if it is stamped.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:16 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wouldm't regular compressed air work just as good?
Old 09-25-2005, 12:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: is it ok to fill a nitrous bottle with co2?? (White Smoke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White Smoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can use it just fine and it wont cause ANY problems.
The issue you will have is the N2O has a special fitting. You will need an adapter.</TD></TR></TABLE>
n2o uses a bottle nut -&gt; an fitting, that can easily be converted to npt. co2 uses npt in most cases.
if you are serious about using a 20oz paintball co2 tank, just buy a remote tank setup. mine came with an aluminum piece you screw onto the tank, then once it's on you screw the **** on the top of it down opening the bottle valve. on this aluminum piece is a threaded hole that the ss line screws into. pretty simple really.