Notices

Oil Return line????

Old 04-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Return line????

Stupid question, is there any way of getting around tapping the oil pan for an oil return line? any way of routing it to another location that already has a place that would accept the line and still allow the returning oil to be placed back into motor???? thx
Old 04-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil Return line????

I don't believe routing it to another source for the oil to get back to the motor is possible, or would work effectively as it should be done. Why are you wanting to find another way?
Old 04-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dont have a welder, just wanted to see if another method was possible. its a cheap ebay oil return line, think im gunna ditch it... the fittings dont want to go on it where the steel braiding is frayed at the ends.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes

you can use a scavanger pump
Old 04-15-2009, 05:43 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are other methods, but the oil drain into the pan is by far the easiest method. You dont have to use a welded fitting although it is much more resistant to leaking. If you get a standard Stealthmode Oil Line kit, you get a nice pan fitting. If you add some JB Weld or caulking to it, you shouldn't have problems. I had the exact setup i just explained and i had a few drips here and there, but it was from the drain line to the fitting, not the fitting to the pan
Old 04-15-2009, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ya my friends first kit he just drilled the whole and hat nut andwasher on each side to hold it in never dripped..... ro you cand drill outt the pan clean up th area to bare metal and clean it really good put you fitting in and get jb weld.. not the quick drying stuff.... and just pile the jb weldaround it and you will be good
Old 04-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ehh, its a cheap ebay turbo kit... ive decided to sell it and piece together a good kit with quality parts...besides the kit i have now, is apparently made for an integra so the piping doesnt fit properly. im just going to piece one together so i only have to buy all the parts once lol. ill find a welder between now and then im sure, anyone know any good places to pick up some good deals on quality parts(precision, tial, greddy, etc..)
Old 04-15-2009, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

most local weld shops will charge you 10 20 bucks to do it... take it off, drill the hole... do it the right way. as for the frayed ends on the braided line, its supposed to be like that take wire cutters to the braid, thats not supposed to go into the fitting.

when you go to measure the braided line, best way to cut it is with an axe and a sledge hammer, just dont ruin your driveway.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

when cutting braided line, wrap the end tight in tape, then cut with a chop saw. As for the oilpan, you can do what I did.

take it off, drill a big hole, cut the back end of a bulkhead, and then thread it on. Before threading it all the way on, put some manus bond on both sides, then tighten it down. I've done a few like this, none of them leak, and no welding was involved.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good tips guys i appreciate it...still going to piece together one, either that or go with a jackson racing... thinking ill get more power out of a turbo setup down the road, just tryin to test the waters and see what i like best. Manus bond??? never heard of it, may have to check that out though. post a link if u got it or i can just google thanks again guys