Notices

oil leak suggestions on LS???

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 01:10 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil leak suggestions on LS???

well... as it turns out.. i got an oil leak coming from somewhere. who knows.. but its bad enough.

it started minor... but after running at the illegal races last night. its worse. any suggestions where it might be coming from? looking at it from the engine view.. it seems ok. oil lines look in place... maybe it might be coming from the back of the motor. i gotta have it checked out.

just wonderin if anyone had suggestions or experienced the same oil leak problems...

i have the drag 3 kit on my LS.
Old 06-21-2001, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: oil leak suggestions on LS??? (dlplayboy)

are you dripping on a driveway or just losing oil from looking at the dipstick? if the motor is old then i would look at the cam seal, but you said it's not visible from the above motor view. i had an oil leak at the oil sender unit to the oil pressure gauge. added a little teflon to the bolt and no more oil loss. also, maybe your oil pan is where you're losing oil. just suggestions to look at
Old 06-21-2001, 01:31 PM

Default Re: oil leak suggestions on LS??? (acuraintegraman)

park your car overnight on a flat dry surface. inspect to see if there are any oil spots on the ground in the morning. check your valve cover to see if there is excess oil leaking. if so, it could be a cam seal, valve cover gasket.

if there is no hint of leaking oil, your car is burning up oil. probably due to rings or valve seals.
Old 06-21-2001, 04:46 PM
New User

Default Re: oil leak suggestions on LS??? (bgod)

anyone have cam seal leaks from turbo? it might be the case... the reason why i say so.. it because... i notice that sometimes.. there is some dirty oil residue under the hood right above the area where the timing belt/cams are. hmmm daym.

but i dont know why there would be oil spots on the ground though. im going to look into it as soon as the sun goes down alittle. dont wanna melt under the car. hehe
Old 06-21-2001, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: oil leak suggestions on LS??? (dlplayboy)

there arent many places it can be coming from. take off the valve cover and check the cam seals, I had a leaky one of those before. Also, check the back of the block where the oil line is tapped. Also check the oil pan gasket. there are a few other places but those are the main leaks. it could also be main seal or oil seal on the oil pump but thats not likely.
Old 06-22-2001, 03:38 PM
New User

Default Re: oil leak suggestions on LS??? (TurboInteg95)

so far... ive found a leak on the oil return line at the oil pan. im gonna use some cold weld on it. i dont wanna keep welding it... its a bitch. and the weld doesnt seem to stay on good on the oil pan.