Notices

Oil Feed Line

Old 01-28-2009, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oil Feed Line

Best way to run it, sandwich plate or right off the oil pressure sensor? And also what do you need to run it off the sensor? Thanks in advance
Old 02-04-2009, 04:48 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Oil Feed Line

A temporary forum bug prevented my editing offences, so I've deleted everything, and you can start over.

I'm sorry. I know that it wasn't the correct thing to do, but it was the only way to stop what was going on.

If you're going to address each other, do it respectfully.

Do not make an offensive allegation as to someone's character unless you are prepared to proceed with an indictment and a trial.

Do not just cast vague and unverifiable aspersions because it will get you banned instead of stopping the person you are trying to hurt.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iv ran a stealthmode oil fitting and **** worked awesome.
I was gonna buy a GE oil plate but then I found a glow shift one on ebay for 30 bucks shipped.
The only reason I switched from a fitting to a plate is, I wanted to have 4 ports one for each turbo.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok I will be nice; Golden Eagle I want to see you back up what your said with, lets say 5 links; if it happends as much as you claim then it should take you no time.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've seen and used hundreds with all of the cars I've tuned.

The sandwich plate units work great, but can be a little pricey for what you get. They are also really trick so the guys that like some style with their function love them, and I recommend them accordingly. Some of the chinese ones have issues, welcome to china parts.

The back of the block adapters also work great *if you don't thread an NPT threaded plumbing fitting into the BSPT threaded hole in the block.* This is a common mistake that gives this method a bad reputation. Any reputable adapter will be BSPT threaded, and typically advertised as such.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by HarfordCTR
Best way to run it, sandwich plate or right off the oil pressure sensor? And also what do you need to run it off the sensor? Thanks in advance
All you need is the correct adapter. This is what we carry. It has the proper 1/8"bsp male fitting that screws into the back of the block. Plus it has a 1/8"npt port on the top for the oil feed line, and also a 1/8"bsp female port for the stock oil pressure sensor.
Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you are gonna go with a sandwich, get a cheap one. glow shift works great and they are super cheap.
other wise just tee off the block.

nothing wrong with the GE sandwich, price is a little high, but people still buy them.
nothing is wrong with fittings, people have used them for years and they are really cheap.

i think stealthmode should be unbanned even though the shuttle doesn't run.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The thousands of folks that have come before us agree. Tapping the stock oil pressure sensor with the correctly threaded fitting works. They also agree that no sponsor reporting me for spreading truth can keep me banned.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Stealthmode Performance
The thousands of folks that have come before us agree. Tapping the stock oil pressure sensor with the correctly threaded fitting works. They also agree that no sponsor reporting me for spreading truth can keep me banned.
welcome back sir.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If tap the oil pressure sensor port on the back the with good quality parts there will be no leaks. The only way to have leaks if there was improper installation involved. Or you use the wrong fittings.
If you use sandwich filter adapter they are great for using oil cooling system or extra sensors. But because of the surface area with o-rings gives a higher possibility of leaks.
If you go with the sandwich I'd go with a Glow shift, Hayden, etc. from ebay.
I personally use a tap from the oil sensor port for 4 years on three different motors with not a single issue. I recommend Stealthmode oil line kit best around price and quality is the best I seen even when comparing to ebay.

Oh and please give Stealthmode some love and unban him its bad enough his stealth shuttle will never launch. I think he has enough problems.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The type that Tee off the sender gets the job done. They are inexpensive and don't leak unless you have lobster claw hands and can't work a wrench. I have used tons of Tuner toys fittings and Stealthmode performance fittings and have never had one fail to date.

Stealthmode was banned? Really? Who would ban a guy like that? He is a pillar of the import community.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:58 PM
H-T Order of Merit

They also agree that no sponsor reporting me for spreading truth can keep me banned.
That is a cheap shot. You mean for your readers to infer that what you have said is somehow related to the exact item being discussed and exact people being discussed.

Facts not in evidence, and/or inconsequential and non-allowed aside.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Then why was he banned, sir? You must agree that it is hard to draw the correct conclusions if there is no full disclosure, and Stealthmodes opinion in re: the previous contents of this thread seem valid to any unbiased outside source.

Me for example, I've never bought anything from him or even recommended his oil lines as I can get the making cheaper from local wholesalers yet I don't understand any other reason for him being banned.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have never had a fitting in the back of the block leak, and ive used everything from proper BSP fittings to NPT fittings from homo depot, even using standard plumbing teflon, not even the chemical/oil resistant stuff. Of course theres always going to be morons who screw up the simplest of things and give them a bad rep, its called the bottom of the gene pool.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:38 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Originally Posted by Joseph Davis
Then why was he banned, sir?
No idea. I'd have to search to find out, and I don't really care.

You must agree that it is hard to draw the correct conclusions if there is no full disclosure, and Stealthmodes opinion in re: the previous contents of this thread seem valid to any unbiased outside source.
Hello there. I am the unbiased outside source. I don't buy into cheap shots, hints and allusions.

Me for example, I've never bought anything from him or even recommended his oil lines as I can get the making cheaper from local wholesalers yet I don't understand any other reason for him being banned.
I have no idea why he was banned. I don't think I even knew he was.

But I know what I saw in this thread, and it's wrong. It's just hints and aspersions, completely unfair.

End this line and go on with the original poster's query.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by HarfordCTR
Best way to run it?
I've seen it all, off the oil pressure sending area, from a sandwich plate, hardlines from one of those two places...and on and on.

The answer is, whichever works...and they all work if done properly.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've got 5 of my own setups under my belt and helped with probably 5 or 6 friends' setups. I've always used Stealthmode/TunerToys steel block fittings and never had single leak. Personally, I don't see the reason to spend the $ on a sandwich plate. Even if you're into engine bling, nobody's ever gonna see it.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sweet, thanks for all the replies. Think Im gonna just get the block fitting from Stealtmode or TT
Old 02-05-2009, 07:52 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Originally Posted by crxvtec91
Ok I will be nice; Golden Eagle I want to see you back up what your said with, lets say 5 links; if it happends as much as you claim then it should take you no time.
This line of attack is also inappropriate, really. His research and his customer contact made him decide to produce something different, for the reasons that he stated, and retailers buy it from him to re-sell.

Making him justify what he did, or causing him to feel that he should have to research URL to give you in support of his decision, is not really fair.

He said why he does what he wants. Other people say that they have not had the trouble that his contacts complain about, and that's why these other people keep doing it the other way.

It's not a big deal unless you make it a big deal with unwarranted attacks.

I hate to appear like I'm supporting a particular position, and please know that I am not. I just don't like the way this kind of stuff plays out, and it makes the entire 350,000-person community look bad.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by George Knighton
This line of attack is also inappropriate, really. His
Making him justify what he did, or causing him to feel that he should have to research URL to give you in support of his decision, is not really fair.

It's not a big deal unless you make it a big deal with unwarranted attacks.
First this is honda tech, people here believe in anything they read if it is undisputed.

Second GE attacked block fitting with accusations that they were crap, break, and leak.
When stealth replied in a less then hostile manner GE got all frumpy and said there were countless times where Stealths product failed. When he was asked to give examples of these so called broken leaking fittings he failed to post one. No on said a oil plate doesn't work. Its the fact that he defamed Stealths lively hood with empty accusations.
That and his oil plate cost more then a whole stealth kit.

O and GLOSHIFT oil plates are like 30 bucks shipped on ebay and they work awesome if you like that sort of thing.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by SDRAWKCAB
First this is honda tech, people here believe in anything they read if it is undisputed.

Second GE attacked block fitting with accusations that they were crap, break, and leak.
When stealth replied in a less then hostile manner GE got all frumpy and said there were countless times where Stealths product failed. When he was asked to give examples of these so called broken leaking fittings he failed to post one. No on said a oil plate doesn't work. Its the fact that he defamed Stealths lively hood with empty accusations.
That and his oil plate cost more then a whole stealth kit.

O and GLOSHIFT oil plates are like 30 bucks shipped on ebay and they work awesome if you like that sort of thing.
i never said anything about Stealthmode Performance 2nd the serch is down right now and even when it works its hard to find post because of all the changes so thats why i didn't post threads with proof. we built our sandwich plate to solve problems that were reported to us and that we seen for our self's Stealthmode was the one that started by putting us down saying we lie to people to make sales and that is 100% untrue we stand behind our products 100% always have always will
Old 02-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B R Fittings
All you need is the correct adapter. This is what we carry. It has the proper 1/8"bsp male fitting that screws into the back of the block. Plus it has a 1/8"npt port on the top for the oil feed line, and also a 1/8"bsp female port for the stock oil pressure sensor.
I actually like this setup ...
Old 02-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Golden Eagle Mfg. adapter for me!
I will never go back to tapping into the block. 3 years with the same adapter on my ls/v turbo setup in my EG = cherry.
Don't get me wrong, if the tapping works for you then .
Old 02-05-2009, 01:11 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Facts not in evidence.

You are causing offence. Not to Golden Eagle but to me, because you are refusing to obey lawful commands.

Be fair.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did I call it or what? haha.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oil Feed Line