Notices

oil drain ok?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil drain ok?

im just wondering if this oil drain is ok or if i have to get the turbo higher up

thanks in advance
Old 02-07-2006, 07:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: oil drain ok? (g1zcteg)

As it sits you're asking gravity fed oil to try and climb an incline. You might be able to make that work with a better hose setup, but either way that setup needs to be redone.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow that **** is ghetto

the line looks like it needs to be bigger.also the slope cant dip down and back up in the middle
Old 02-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: oil drain ok? (boosted92)

That setup is not ideal and the oil will not drain properly. If you keep running it like that you'll blow the seals on your turbo because the oil cant drain properly. Re-do the setup, turst me its worth the time and $ it will cost to fix it. It looks like if you got a 45 degree fitting coming off the flange, it would have a MUCH more desireable slope on it.

Blaze
Old 02-07-2006, 07:51 PM
I AM A SCAMMER, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ME.

Default Re: oil drain ok? (komat)

Ghetto but hey if it works for you then use it, but if you see smoke redo it but take it from me do the return the right way first or it will haunt you trust me i have been through it..
Old 02-07-2006, 07:51 PM

Default Re: oil drain ok? (Blaze45)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by g1zcteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im just wondering if this oil drain is ok
thanks in advance</TD></TR></TABLE>

NO WAY
Old 02-07-2006, 08:11 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: oil drain ok? (Black DC2)

where all the "black stuff" is that's where your oil is settling as we type!
Old 02-07-2006, 08:26 PM

Default Re: oil drain ok? (HybridcivicLS-T)

that'll work just fine man.

don't listen to these idiots. they're saying you need to drill the oil drain inlet a little lower to let gravity do its thing. haha.

man, theres already pressure coming in from the oil feed line to the turbo. you really dont need gravity to help you that much on this one.

as long as it not going up, then ur all G.........

as oil runs through the turbo, the natural thing for it to do is keep going...... duh!

what? u expect it to just sit there and wait for gravity? and at the mean time, more oil is coming in from the oil feedline?

what next? these idiots are gonna rigg a pump to make the oil run faster? haha....
Old 02-07-2006, 08:47 PM

Dont lsiten to these iditos??? c'mon now man your the idiot. I sure as hell would redo the oil drain line. If not your going to ruin your turbo in a matter of time. Believe me!
Old 02-07-2006, 08:50 PM

Default Re: (TurBros)

I'm gonna call HF manifold with adaptor plate on this one. They all seem to look just like that.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:54 PM
BCICAN

Default Re: oil drain ok? (vice_versa)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vice_versa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that'll work just fine man.

don't listen to these idiots. they're saying you need to drill the oil drain inlet a little lower to let gravity do its thing. haha. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Seeing as this is you first post n00b, you better watch where you're stepping until you're an offical member. And no we're not saying that you need to lower the inlet to the pan....we're saying that the hose needs to be in a more direct downhill route than it currently is. Again, post a few more times before you try and talk with what is commonly known as "intelligence".

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vice_versa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">man, theres already pressure coming in from the oil feed line to the turbo. you really dont need gravity to help you that much on this one. </TD></TR></TABLE>

*buzzzz* wrong, end of story thanks for playing. Now go learn about oil returns on turbo before signing up for the game again.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vice_versa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as long as it not going up, then ur all G......... </TD></TR></TABLE>

PRRRAIIIIISEEE the lord, by Joe I think he's got it. One question though: did you look at the picture before making such stupid post?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vice_versa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as oil runs through the turbo, the natural thing for it to do is keep going...... duh!

what? u expect it to just sit there and wait for gravity? and at the mean time, more oil is coming in from the oil feedline? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I stand corrected. Try this, take off your return line then point it at your face and see if you get hit with like 25psi of oil. Hmmmm I wonder why the feed line is -3AN and the returns are supposedly to be big...as in like a -10AN. Hmmm gee I don't know. That's a toughy, perhaps it could be because of *dun dun dunnnn* pressure differences?????

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vice_versa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what next? these idiots are gonna rigg a pump to make the oil run faster? haha....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well since you asked for one:
http://www.theoldone.com/compo...s.htm &lt;--Again, thanks for playing. You are wrong and you're failing miserably at trying to sound intelligent. Again I'd watch what you say a little closer...at least until your trial period is up.

Good lord, I'm an '05 member so I'm fairly new as well...but damn dude that's just unbelieveable.

Going back to the original question: No that is bad news for the turbo. From the picture the line is going back up hill at a pretty good angle. Try using 45* fittings and a small run of SS line. That may do the trick and give you a much better direct route. It's not expensive for the fittings/line, and it's alot cheaper than a rebuild.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:13 PM

yeah your definitely going to want to redo that line, the oil WILL build up with the way that hose is and will cause an oil leak. 45 off the flange and shorten the hose.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: oil drain ok? (InfamousDC2FI)

no!
Old 02-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

mine use to look just like that
you need a 60 degree fiting coming off the turbo and it will be perfect. a 45 degree fitting will not be enough you need a 60 of the turbo
Old 02-08-2006, 04:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: oil drain ok? (riceball777)

you really need to redo that line even with pressure going in it still needs downward slope to drain right . just look at all the oem turbo cars do any of those cars have low spots in the drain line NO ! it may work for now but you could have issues down the road . seals in the turbo could leak . then they will call you smokeyyyyy.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:46 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vice_versa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that'll work just fine man.

don't listen to these idiots. they're saying you need to drill the oil drain inlet a little lower to let gravity do its thing. haha.

man, theres already pressure coming in from the oil feed line to the turbo. you really dont need gravity to help you that much on this one.

as oil runs through the turbo, the natural thing for it to do is keep going...... duh!

what? u expect it to just sit there and wait for gravity? and at the mean time, more oil is coming in from the oil feedline?

what next? these idiots are gonna rigg a pump to make the oil run faster? haha....</TD></TR></TABLE>

you are a ******* retard
Old 02-08-2006, 04:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what next? these idiots are gonna rigg a pump to make the oil run faster? haha....</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha this is almost sig material, but i would have to put the pic up there 2, haha this is entertaining for this early in the morning
Old 02-08-2006, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: oil drain ok? (B18B-SC)

This kid (vice versa) joined yesterday and he's telling everyone in the FI forum that they're wrong. what a douche

Let's see... believe the entire FI forum or the super noobs opinion? Tough one.

redo the damn drain lineTry a 45 or 60 degree fitting off the flange
Old 02-08-2006, 05:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

for some reason this guys reminds me of verbol assassin, u know the guy who had a list of all his banned user ids, the turbo kit in his sig gave it away

hes still in my sig from a long *** time ago
Old 02-08-2006, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Redo it like aboved mention
Old 02-08-2006, 06:01 AM
BCICAN

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18B-SC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> for some reason this guys reminds me of verbol assassin </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahaha I remember that guy....wow was he ever retarded.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: oil drain ok? (Dunc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dunc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hahahaha I remember that guy....wow was he ever retarded.</TD></TR></TABLE>

its the same guy, id be willing to bet, he's the only noob that has the stupidity do go in a forum with only 5 posts under his belt and talk ****
Old 02-08-2006, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sure it may be super dodgey; But it *will* drain....

As long as the turbo outlet is higher than the inlet on the oil pan, oil will flow, it's just the way liquids work. Have none of you ever syphoned fuel out of a tank, or water out of a water-bed.

Having said all that, I still say fix it. It looks kinked, and rubber hose eats ***** anyway.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:36 AM
BCICAN

Default Re: (string)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by string &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have none of you ever syphoned fuel out of a tank, or water out of a water-bed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, but there is no suction here.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:41 AM

Default Re: (Dunc)

i would redo it. its not worth it to keep it like that. i would way rather spen 10 bucks for fittings than 400 on a new turbo

Quick Reply: oil drain ok?