Notices

Oil catch can???

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil catch can???

Does any one have any PIC's on how to hook up a oil catch can?? What hose goes were. The directions that cam with the catch can were for a NA can I am runing a turbo set up. Or were to find a how to for a turbo set up..(Oil catch can).....Thanks....
Old 07-18-2004, 07:07 PM

http://www.c-speedracing.com/h...n.php
Old 07-18-2004, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil catch can??? (mstyper)

do a search this has ben asked a 1000x s
Old 07-18-2004, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil catch can??? (B18C1CYA)

You can run it thru the PVC Valve. but its no good once you hit boost b/c it closes the PVC.

Best you can do is Plug 1 of the hoses from the catch can to the port/whatever u called it on the valve cover. the other 1 either hangs/dangles in its place That or have a nipple this welded on the intake arm of ur charge pipe and let it suck in air thru there.

I have mines dangle...i guess its there for show. Oh wait...it catchs oil it my motor blows up!
Old 07-18-2004, 07:38 PM

Default Re: (Slammd Sol)

Slammd Sol,

I looked at that one earler today. Thanks for placing that link. Do you know of any other ways to do it. I have read so-many different post and there are about 3 to 4 different ways do to it. What way did you do yours if you have one??
Old 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mstyper)

you should realy install it like the endyne one. thats the best way if you have a b-series
Old 07-18-2004, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Oil catch can??? (ek9vboi2)

ek9vboi2,

Thanks for that info I did not know "You can run it thru the PVC Valve" knew that info. but did not know "its no good once you hit boost b/c it closes the PVC."
Old 07-18-2004, 07:50 PM

Default Re: (B18C1CYA)

B18C1CYA,

"endyne one" isn't that a place that does head work?? or is this this one different??? Yes I do have a b-series.. If this "endyne one" is something different please help me out..... Thanks...
Old 07-18-2004, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here is a link to it the best way in my mind to hook up a catch can http://www.theoldone.com/components/breather/
Old 07-18-2004, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

catch can install for boost'd cars:

Thats the can he is talking about...
Old 07-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ek9vboi2)

i make catch cans, kinda like the endyne one and work just as good, i dont know there is just some thing about fabed aluminum under your hood that looks pimp
Old 07-18-2004, 08:03 PM

Default Re: (B18C1CYA)

thanks, for that wed site that one is bad a-s-s looking I got a greddy from my girl friend so I am trying to use that one so she does not feel like she wasted here money but I might just buy that one and tell her I returned hers to upgrade to a better one.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:07 PM

ek9vboi2,

Thanks for the Pic. That is bad a-s-s looking..
Old 07-18-2004, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the webpage for the kit, but I do not see an installation guide on the website. http://www.theoldone.com/components/breather/

Even though this topic has been covered can we cover the various ways of installation? The more information the marrier.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek9vboi2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">catch can install for boost'd cars:

Thats the can he is talking about... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Looks great, is that kink at the top inlet/outlet bad or does it not really matter?
Old 07-18-2004, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mstyper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks, for that wed site that one is bad a-s-s looking I got a greddy from my girl friend so I am trying to use that one so she does not feel like she wasted here money but I might just buy that one and tell her I returned hers to upgrade to a better one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did someone sat Greddy, like this 1?

Custom brackets i made for it
I also ran the other hose down towards the buttom of my car.

Make sure u baffle ur oil catch can, i just did mines today.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:37 AM

ek9vboi2,

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek9vboi2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Did someone sat Greddy, like this 1?

Custom brackets i made for it
I also ran the other hose down towards the buttom of my car.

Make sure u baffle ur oil catch can, i just did mines today. </TD></TR></TABLE>

YES
Old 07-19-2004, 05:11 AM

Im using a greddy one. The exit port on mine is vented to atmosphere with a small
breather filter on it. I used loosely packed steel wool as a baffle material.
Also, i added a small tube to the inside of the intake port, to prevent the vapor
from going right back out the other side without first passing thought the steel wool.

Overall i would say the greddy one is nice, but you must add your own baffling in order
for it to do its job. The reason i got it over the moroso one is because of its ability
to be mounted horizontal if need be. Engine bay room in a CRX is a BITCH.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rioninja)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rioninja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Also, i added a small tube to the inside of the intake port, to prevent the vapor
from going right back out the other side without first passing thought the steel wool.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Very good Idea! I think I am going to try to do that too.

Modified by ek9vboi2 at 8:02 AM 7/19/2004
Old 07-19-2004, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Vtaaak y0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vtaaak y0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Looks great, is that kink at the top inlet/outlet bad or does it not really matter?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey, someone stole my pics.

THe kink isn't there as I don't even use this type of line anymore. I have learned a lot on catch cans lately since I have mine running. Let me find the link of our recent discussion.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:18 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rioninja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im using a greddy one. The exit port on mine is vented to atmosphere with a small
breather filter on it. I used loosely packed steel wool as a baffle material.

Overall i would say the greddy one is nice, but you must add your own baffling in order
for it to do its job. The reason i got it over the moroso one is because of its ability
to be mounted horizontal if need be. Engine bay room in a CRX is a BITCH.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Isn't steel wool going to rust?

I used one of those poof-poof things you find in The Body Shop. Cut off the string around the middle and voila, perfect baffle material, cut off however much you need. One poof-poof was enough for 2 catch cans. Buy it at a dollar store - literally $1.

As for mounting room, in my CRX I mounted it horizontally on the firewall just under the hood, where the MAP sensor used to be. I used a crossbar between the two bolt holes on the firewall and worm clamps around the can itself and crossbar.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (raene)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raene &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Isn't steel wool going to rust?

I used one of those poof-poof things you find in The Body Shop. Cut off the string around the middle and voila, perfect baffle material, cut off however much you need. One poof-poof was enough for 2 catch cans. Buy it at a dollar store - literally $1.

As for mounting room, in my CRX I mounted it horizontally on the firewall just under the hood, where the MAP sensor used to be. I used a crossbar between the two bolt holes on the firewall and worm clamps around the can itself and crossbar.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol...poof-poof. only on H-T
Old 07-19-2004, 07:31 AM

I wish I could claim the credit but someone else thought of it first Can't remember who it was though...
Old 07-19-2004, 03:47 PM

Default Re: (raene)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raene &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Isn't steel wool going to rust?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I used the stainless steel wool. It the kind that looks like a bunch of slightly larger
coils, instead of the regular matted steel wool. This is the only pic i could find,
but im sure you know what kind i mean.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rioninja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I used the stainless steel wool. It the kind that looks like a bunch of slightly larger
coils, instead of the regular matted steel wool. This is the only pic i could find,
but im sure you know what kind i mean.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Would using copper be a bad idea? I mean doess STEEL have something in it that attacts the vapors into it? if so, I'm willing to throw out my copper for some steel or even them poof poofs.

Quick Reply: Oil catch can???