Notices

Oil catch can

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil catch can

I know there are other threads about things similar but I would like to see just an answer about this

I'm going to be getting a tune soon from profunction, but I would like to know if I need a catch can setup.

My setup will be running around 350-450 depending on what I'm feeling, so I was seeing if I need to run a catch can setup and what setup. I dont want to do a vented valve cover I just want to do a pcv catch can if I need one. Would I use a catch can with a breather or a seal catch?

and should I keep the pcv valve or have a straight though connection to the black box. If someone could send me a good write up that would be great!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil catch can

https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/another-%22official%22-catch-can-thread-compilation-all-catch-can-info-install-b-series-1674798/

You should be looking at a catch can at those power levels. It is recommended to vent the valve cover. Remove the stock pcv system, box and hoses. Plug the 2 holes in the back of the block. Plug the big hole with a z10 plug or whatever and plug the small hole and the hole in the IM with JB weld or something and cap them off. Then run at least two lines from the valve cover to a vented catch can. The front is recommended because it's baffled. Then it's up to you whether you want to run a return line or not. The oil in the can will be mixed with fuel vapor and some people don't want to put that oil back in the engine. If you don't want to reintroduce the oil get a CC with a drain valve. If you choose to do this remember you need to keep tabs on the can to make sure it doesn't overflow and cause a mess and your oil level will fall. If you choose to return the oil just change your oil more often and after going to the track. All this stuff is pretty much covered in the link above.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't want to threadjack, but I've got a question here too about this....

I'm doing an LS-T build right now and I can't seem to find a good place to mount the can. Does anyone of any pictures of their setups with some good ideas on where to put the can?? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-11-2011, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member