Notices

NX Ntercooler worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX Ntercooler worth it?

Anyone know what it is? I think basically it sprays nitrous into your intercooler to make the air coming into your engine more dense or cooler. Just wondering if this thing actually has perfromance upgrades or is it more a show thing to put on your intercooler.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: NX Ntercooler worth it? (Luchini)

ya i kinda wanna know also
Old 12-11-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: NX Ntercooler worth it? (tallyturbo)

*subscribed*
Old 12-11-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: NX Ntercooler worth it? (abmerop18)

ive seen in work before. it was like a 30hp gain. on a turbo RSX with a Greddy kit.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NX Ntercooler worth it? (Soon_2b_evil)

Is it setup like by shots? 50 shot, 100 shot etc.?
Old 12-12-2005, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NX Ntercooler worth it? (Soon_2b_evil)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soon_2b_evil &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ive seen in work before. it was like a 30hp gain. on a turbo RSX with a Greddy kit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

From my understanding... the benefits to the cooling are minimal... the gains are seen alot of times because the turbo is pulling in n20 and basically running a small dry shot.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:32 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luchini &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is it setup like by shots? 50 shot, 100 shot etc.?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its a rounded rectangular plate with 24 or 36 holes (don't exactly remember) that N20 goes threw it. Totally not worth it, one bottle will be gone within 2 runs down the 1320 for what I have heard.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:34 AM

Default Re: NX Ntercooler worth it? (11psiTurboSI)

what about the cry o2 systems? they should be cheaper to fill and do the same thing. are those worth it?
Old 12-12-2005, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i use the co2 in the NX kit.....on hondata i only see about 20-30d difference on intake temps...but without IAT correction i don't see how it helps me..i'm waiting for the neptune RTP
Old 12-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have dynoed one on a turbo prelude i did.it had a very large intercooler though,which i think is the key.on a smaller,less efficient intercooler,it would probably do better.on his car(about 325whp car),it made 9 more whp and dumped he whole bottle in one dyno pull.it has no pills to limit the amount of nitrous going through,so we added one.then it worked just the same,but lasted much longer.i think the whole thing is more of a cosmetic show car thing anyway.on a small intercooler that is not getting the job done,it might make a bigger difference.total waste of money if you ask me
Old 12-12-2005, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NX Ntercooler worth it? (turbotypeR)

i would never run the CO2 ones if that gets sucked into your motor you in a world of hurt...
Old 12-12-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Re: NX Ntercooler worth it? (Soccerking3000)

it's for show, just look at the type of car/driver you see on the street using these. It would be better to inject it into the engine if you use it at all which you shouldn't.

Ntercooler is teh wack
Old 12-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NX Ntercooler worth it? (Soccerking3000)

so running n2o instead of co2 is safer.....LMAO....r u serious....runnin the n2o where do you think that spray is gonna end up....SUCKED IN THRU UR TURBO....that would deffiently run ur ride lean.......NOT TO MENTION HOW MUCH CHEAPER IS co2 vs. n2o.....think about it
Old 12-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NX Ntercooler worth it? (splitime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by splitime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

From my understanding... the benefits to the cooling are minimal... the gains are seen alot of times because the turbo is pulling in n20 and basically running a small dry shot.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont see how the turbo is pulling the nitrous in when you are spraying the outside of the intercooler.

if it is sucking in the nitrous i think you have some major leak issues or a bad intercooler.

if thats the case then everyone would be sucking up water when they drive in rain.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ur spraying a liquid that turns to gas.....it gets sprayed on the outside of ur IC...while movin the gas passes the IC and raditor gets sucked into the turbo intake.....even raditor fans can help this effect out...not to mention the turbo sucks air into its self......just like i have seen a couple of people mesh air screens get sucked in
Old 12-12-2005, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NX Ntercooler worth it? (booja)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by booja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont see how the turbo is pulling the nitrous in when you are spraying the outside of the intercooler.

if it is sucking in the nitrous i think you have some major leak issues or a bad intercooler.

if thats the case then everyone would be sucking up water when they drive in rain.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Notice I said the "turbo" is pulling it in... not the intercooler. If an intercooler is leaking.. it wouldn't pull IN anyways... it would be pressurized outwards.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ur spraying a liquid that turns to gas.....it gets sprayed on the outside of ur IC...while movin the gas passes the IC and raditor gets sucked into the turbo intake....</TD></TR></TABLE>
And that wont happen either. lol, this thread is funny. Kids need to go and read how turbocharging works.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NX Ntercooler worth it? (Flashmn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Flashmn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And that wont happen either. lol, this thread is funny. Kids need to go and read how turbocharging works. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd like to hear which part you say doesn't happen. The n20 being liquid/gas... or it being sucked into the turbo.

I'll wait to say anything until I hear what you think us "kids" need to research.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wasnt referring to you btw, it doesnt get sucked in the turbo.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NX Ntercooler worth it? (lucidvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lucidvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so running n2o instead of co2 is safer.....LMAO....r u serious....runnin the n2o where do you think that spray is gonna end up....SUCKED IN THRU UR TURBO....that would deffiently run ur ride lean.......NOT TO MENTION HOW MUCH CHEAPER IS co2 vs. n2o.....think about it </TD></TR></TABLE>

are you serious? go spray some CO2 into your engine and see what happens, 10 bucks says the car dies right on the spot. As for running it lean, there is this thing called tuning, its done so it doesnt run lean, idiot. And for the cost difference, just buy everything that it cheaper it will all be the same as the more expensive materials and products, go for it have fun when **** breaks.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Flashmn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wasnt referring to you btw, it doesnt get sucked in the turbo.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you say it doesn't get pulled into the turbo.. then you were referring to me. And you are seriously saying that it doesn't get pulled into turbo eh... maybe if the turbo has a filter extension and its in the wheel well. But for the majority of engine bay systems, it'll pull n20 into the inlet.

If you don't think this... then our cars don't run on air obviously... and air doesn't flow...
Old 12-12-2005, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like its not worth it. Think ill go buy some ITR cams instead. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, then I was referring to you. It wont be pulled into the turbo and intake, because you already put it through an intercooler and an a radiator, which are hot, gas tends to fly "somewhere" after you put it through two devices that disperse it and which are hot that make it even less dense, gee it evaporates. Its not like a snowball thats thrown through the IC and rad, that might make it into the turbo if you're lucky.
On another note, you really think some random molecules that might theoretically find their way into the intake do much, guess again. With n2o installations you spray ALOT of liquid N2O through the piping, that due to the nonexistant pressure boils and turns into gas when you spray it into the engine.
Really think about it.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Flashmn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, then I was referring to you. It wont be pulled into the turbo and intake, because you already put it through an intercooler and an a radiator, which are hot, gas tends to fly "somewhere" after you put it through two devices that disperse it and which are hot that make it even less dense, gee it evaporates. Its not like a snowball thats thrown through the IC and rad, that might make it into the turbo if you're lucky.
On another note, you really think some random molecules that might theoretically find their way into the intake do much, guess again. With n2o installations you spray ALOT of liquid N2O through the piping, that due to the nonexistant pressure boils and turns into gas when you spray it into the engine.
Really think about it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes it evaporates... n20 works because it breaks into nitrogen and O2... its cooling affect helps.. but it isn't the primary reason it is effective.

Here.. http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question259.htm

The "evaporated" n20 will still do its job, its just starting a hair farther from the combustion chamber.. it'll still make it there and be used though.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well it wont find its way to the intake tract, from what it seems to the molecule "miles away". in N2O setups you spray it INSIDE the intake tract, not outside at the filter.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> n20 works because it breaks into nitrogen and O2</TD></TR></TABLE>
Only at pressure inside the cylinder, thats why you wont set your car on fire apraying it at the IC.

Quick Reply: NX Ntercooler worth it?