209whp/174wtq @ 9psi of boost

Future Plans:
RC 550cc Fuel Injectors
HKS 40mm Wastegate

Motor work done by: Autolink Motorworks
Tuning done by: Chris @ Hookups Import Tek
Old 02-22-2006, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: And the numbers are in....got my car dyno tuned today @ HOOKUPS (TopFuel+DC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TopFuel+DC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Specs:
Turbo Built B18b
Turbonetics T3/T4
Rev Hard Turbo Manifold
JDM GS-R Tranny
Exedy 3 Puck clutch
Tuned with Crome Pro

Future Plans:
RC 550cc Fuel Injectors
HKS 40mm Wastegate

Tuning done by: Chris @ Hookups Import Tek</TD></TR></TABLE>

kinda weak for the boost. but i guess it was probably limited by something. motor built for .. longevity/ insurance ?
Old 02-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: And the numbers are in....got my car dyno tuned today @ HOOKUPS (project dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">longevity</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: And the numbers are in....got my car dyno tuned today @ HOOKUPS (TopFuel+DC2)

do you have forged rods/pistons? or stock botoom end
Old 02-22-2006, 04:31 PM

Default Re: And the numbers are in....got my car dyno tuned today @ HOOKUPS (TURBOELEMENTS IKE)

Damn, dude you might as well used a stock ls block. They can hold more than 9 psi quite well and are a dime a dozen. Hell, I boosted a completely stock b16a at 12 psi for about three years daily driven hard before it gave. Made 265 whp with a greddy kit.

Are you running stock injectors/pump? Upgrade that fuel, and you should be able to make quite a bit more power very safely.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: And the numbers are in....got my car dyno tuned today @ HOOKUPS (maxspeedhonda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by maxspeedhonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn, dude you might as well used a stock ls block. They can hold more than 9 psi quite well and are a dime a dozen. Hell, I boosted a completely stock b16a at 12 psi for about three years daily driven hard before it gave. Made 265 whp with a greddy kit.

Are you running stock injectors/pump? Upgrade that fuel, and you should be able to make quite a bit more power very safely.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you guys make it sound like i dont want to go more, im just at 9psi for now, im not planning to race everyone and their moms, this is just for me and i like where its at right now. im planning to boost more, but for now i just wanted to post my numbers, i didnt think H-T members would react this way. to answer your question im running on stock injectors but a 255lph fuel pump. after im done with all my upgrades ill be playing with the numbers a bit more and see where it takes me.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:42 PM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

yeah get some injectors and turn the boost up...i bet those injectors are maxed out
i made 200whp and 198 ft.lbs. at 8 psi on a greddy kit!!!!!!!! stock JDM LS motor
Old 02-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tannerLSt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tannerLSt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah get some injectors and turn the boost up...i bet those injectors are maxed out
i made 200whp and 198 ft.lbs. at 8 psi on a greddy kit!!!!!!!! stock JDM LS motor</TD></TR></TABLE>

nice, i noticed in your sig that youre looking for EG exterior parts, hit me up cause i can get them for you, hood trunk and lip
Old 02-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No matter what everybody says, you seem to be happy with your setup, and that is all that matters. Besides, you put down about 55whp more than my car. It is a good start, and with some basic things you could see even more power.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: And the numbers are in....got my car dyno tuned today @ HOOKUPS (Tornadom)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tornadom &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No matter what everybody says, you seem to be happy with your setup, and that is all that matters. Besides, you put down about 55whp more than my car. It is a good start, and with some basic things you could see even more power.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thank you, i had the same thoughts as well
Old 02-22-2006, 05:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stock injectors....poor bastards probably arent happy right now j/k
Old 02-22-2006, 06:23 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: (99B16Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TopFuel+DC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Specs:
Turbo Built B18b
Turbonetics T3/T4
Rev Hard Turbo Manifold
JDM GS-R Tranny
Exedy 3 Puck clutch
Tuned with Crome Pro

Future Plans:
RC 550cc Fuel Injectors
HKS 40mm Wastegate

Tuning done by: Chris @ Hookups Import Tek</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just an opinion ok
Stock injector
U should just waited to get ur injectors first and then tuned u would've hit higher than that numbers

And u have have I little bit more money get a aem fpr so u won't max out ur new big injector

And the next time u get tuned again go to "bubba" at do it dyno the best when it comes to tuning the reason why I told u this is bcuz I went to hook ups and then they tuned it I didn't make any fuc*ing power iswear they fu*king sucks I hate to say this but they do I bet you if u went to bubba and tune that setup u would've get a little bit higher than that numbers

But right now still good number
Keep as posted when u get ur injectors and went to dyno for the second time
Old 02-22-2006, 06:53 PM

Default Re: (spoon95eg)

i have almost the same setup so its good to know approx. what my numbers are at. what are your hp goals.. im hoping for 275whp withini the year. i also like the torque on your dyno.. ive seen a couple dynos with similar setup on 9psi with 10-15 less torque.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: (spoon95eg)

your numbers arent bad. id venture to say your stock injectors are way way to high in the duty cycle, and i would get larger ones very very soon. i was running my injectors at overloaded duty cycles, and then when i got a slight boost creep, it was way to much and my **** blew up.

you also dont need to spend the money on a 40mm wastegate, it can be better spent on the injectors
Old 02-22-2006, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (blackeg)

If you're happy with the car/power then DRIVE IT! and enjoy it.

And when you eventually want more power there is plenty more to be had at 9psi. As other have said your next purchase should be bigger injectors and then a retune .. should get you closer to 230-250hp
Old 02-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jfoster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jfoster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you're happy with the car/power then DRIVE IT! and enjoy it.

And when you eventually want more power there is plenty more to be had at 9psi. As other have said your next purchase should be bigger injectors and then a retune .. should get you closer to 230-250hp </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 02-23-2006, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jfoster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jfoster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you're happy with the car/power then DRIVE IT! and enjoy it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i did

its got some nice power for what the set-up is and can only get better
Old 02-26-2006, 09:21 PM

Default Re: (DUFFM4N)

im glad ur happy with your car, like u said ur not in a contest so who cares that they think. keep you and ur ride happy
Old 02-26-2006, 11:26 PM

Default Re: (djevolutionn)

wow... tuned on stock injectors. I'm wondering why the money for tune wasn't spent on injectors?
Old 02-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sohc_turd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohc_turd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow... tuned on stock injectors. I'm wondering why the money for tune wasn't spent on injectors? </TD></TR></TABLE>

cause i wasnt about to run it with injectors and somehow have something gone wrong, id rather be cautious and have a working turbo rather than throw in upgraded injectors and blow something. i had enough funds for tuning or injectors, i went with tuning so i could get rid of the vortech FMU and know that everything is working accordingly to how it should. my next step is to get the injectors and tune it again.

honestly i dont understand some H-T members, they expect everyone who is running turbo to be a straight drag car or something. this was something for my own preference and i like the numbers i put out, end of story...thanks to those who actually understand this concept.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im assuming its a t3/t4b,,? Because Ive never seen t3/t4e make such low numbers at 10psi unless something was wrong..

But either way,, nice TQ ..
Old 02-27-2006, 05:41 AM

Default Re: And the numbers are in....got my car dyno tuned today @ HOOKUPS (Mr.speaker)

Why are you getting so upset?

Granted some people aren't as nice as others, but you posted your dyno numbers and people are just telling you they are low for the PSI your at.

What turbo are you running ? trim? AR?

Definately get those RC injectors ASAP. I'm sure its fun to drive at the power level its at, but this motor has plenty of room for growth, especially if its built.

I'm sure you have, but if not, check out the huge LS-Turbo thread in the forum. There is lots of useful information and helpful tips.

Goodluck and happy boosting
Old 02-27-2006, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TopFuel+DC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TopFuel+DC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">cause i wasnt about to run it with injectors and somehow have something gone wrong, id rather be cautious and have a working turbo rather than throw in upgraded injectors and blow something. i had enough funds for tuning or injectors, i went with tuning so i could get rid of the vortech FMU and know that everything is working accordingly to how it should.</TD></TR></TABLE>

People are trying to give you good advice, you posted in a public forum I think you should take the advice or not make any future posts that put you up for comments.

Stock injectors and a FMU are fine, the FMU is a rising rate fuel pressure regulator that adds lost of fuel pressure to make your stock injectors flow past 100%. Once you remove the FMU your back to about 75lbs less fuel pressure at full boost and your injectors are way past what they can provide safely. You wanted a reliable setup and you skimp on the one part that could be the end of your setup then throw in a built motor. You don't understand injectors aren't going to throw a bad thing in the "tuning" mix, it's what you need.

Listen to these people, they have been down the same road you are going down and they are telling the truth.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TopFuel+DC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TopFuel+DC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

cause i wasnt about to run it with injectors and somehow have something gone wrong, id rather be cautious and have a working turbo rather than throw in upgraded injectors and blow something. </TD></TR></TABLE>

So you'd rather drive the injectors static and risk your motor, than risk you turbo which I don't understand at all.

You spent $$ to built it, $$ to turbo it, $$ to tune it and you couldn't spend $50 for some DSM's to fuel it?

IMO, you rushed it and that's how things break. Get those injectors on asap.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nsxmatt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">People are trying to give you good advice, you posted in a public forum I think you should take the advice or not make any future posts that put you up for comments.

Stock injectors and a FMU are fine, the FMU is a rising rate fuel pressure regulator that adds lost of fuel pressure to make your stock injectors flow past 100%. Once you remove the FMU your back to about 75lbs less fuel pressure at full boost and your injectors are way past what they can provide safely. You wanted a reliable setup and you skimp on the one part that could be the end of your setup then throw in a built motor. You don't understand injectors aren't going to throw a bad thing in the "tuning" mix, it's what you need.

Listen to these people, they have been down the same road you are going down and they are telling the truth. </TD></TR></TABLE>

im already aware of all that, and i already plan on getting injectors, what gets me upset are some honda-tech members shoot out answers like, "thats low whp for the setup youre running". it pretty much comes down to, i like the numbers i made, thought id throw it up on h-t for people to compare with and that was it, if they dont like my numbers too bad for them, its irritating checking out some of these threads and all you have are people throwing negative comments at you. thats all i have to say, im not on here to talk ish about others or what they have to say, just trying to get my point out there

Quick Reply: And the numbers are in....got my car dyno tuned today @ HOOKUPS