Notices

Nos on a fully built b16a2

Old 01-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nos on a fully built b16a2

i have a fully built b16a2 and i wuz wondering how much nos would be safe to put on it. 75 shot??? I wanna go with a wet shot and is it worth it to get the remote bottle opener,purge system, and bottle warmer? thank u for the help.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nos on a fully built b16a2 (94hatchvx)

define built
Old 01-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NOS, is an abbreviation for a brand name Nitrous Oxide Systems, a division of Holley performance products.

Nitrous is something you put on a car, also known and juice, spray, throttle in a bottle, atmosphere in a bottle, and about 35 other things EXCEPT nos......

Now that we have that out of the way, you can spray a 75 shot on a stock motor and it will never blink as long as you have an aftermarket fuel pump.

The remote bottle opener is a conveniance item but an auto bottle warmer and a purge are required for consistent performance.

Pardon my spelling, I am in a hurry lol.

Now once again, define built.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:45 PM
footwork mastery

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Nos on a fully built b16a2 (raiden571)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raiden571 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">define built</TD></TR></TABLE>

i bet he has really cool spark plugs and wires
Old 01-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nos on a fully built b16a2 (PurpleEKHatch)

b16a2 DOHC V-tec out of a 00 si.

skunk2 intake manifold
dc sports 4.2.1 header.
ITR Red valve cover
CTR cams
skunk2 valve's , springs, retainers
JE 11.8.1 CR pistons
Milled head Brings the CR to 12.8.1
new distributer
Timing belt
oil changed religously every 2500 miles
Tensioner
oil pump
water pump
new alternater
new temp. sensor
coolant temp sensor
new Vtec cyl.
new oil pressure sensor.
New honda axels
new Si shift linkage
Solid Polyurathane motor mounts.
Block gaurd
Coolant was flushed and changed every time oil was changed
New head gasket
Lsd transmission
Stage 2 exedy clutch
Chipped P28 Ecu
750cc Injectors
New fuel rail
Fuel pressure regulator
new plugs
new wires
new seals
new gaskets
I brought the cr down to 11 8 1 with the spoon 3 ply headgasket and reprogramming my ecu. It also has a toda light weight flywheel and aem pulley sytem.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Jay_Sensing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jay_Sensing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nitrous is something you put on a car, also known and juice, spray, throttle in a bottle, atmosphere in a bottle, and about 35 other things EXCEPT nos......
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Those things are just as cheesey as calling it "NOS"

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jay_Sensing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Now that we have that out of the way, you can spray a 75 shot on a stock motor and it will never blink as long as you have an aftermarket fuel pump.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You forgot colder plugs, retarded timing, at least 91 octane, and make sure you arent running a "chip" that excessively advances timing.

Also, I ran an 80 shot on an Ls motor in a civic cx with stock fuel pump for 2 years without a problem. So an aftermarket fuel pump is not always required.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94hatchvx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">b16a2 DOHC V-tec out of a 00 si.

skunk2 intake manifold
dc sports 4.2.1 header.
ITR Red valve cover
CTR cams
skunk2 valve's , springs, retainers
JE 11.8.1 CR pistons
Milled head Brings the CR to 12.8.1
new distributer
Timing belt
oil changed religously every 2500 miles
Tensioner
oil pump
water pump
new alternater
new temp. sensor
coolant temp sensor
new Vtec cyl.
new oil pressure sensor.
New honda axels
new Si shift linkage
Solid Polyurathane motor mounts.
Block gaurd
Coolant was flushed and changed every time oil was changed
New head gasket
Lsd transmission
Stage 2 exedy clutch
Chipped P28 Ecu
750cc Injectors
New fuel rail
Fuel pressure regulator
new plugs
new wires
new seals
new gaskets
I brought the cr down to 11 8 1 with the spoon 3 ply headgasket and reprogramming my ecu. It also has a toda light weight flywheel and aem pulley sytem. </TD></TR></TABLE>

no matter what anyone says on here, the number one important thing is to read. This is in the top 20 largest forums on the web. There are THOUSANDS of honda tuners. If you have any idea, chances are, it's been thought of. If you wanna be fast, do what every single race team does. RESEARCH! Read up on everything that you can get your hands on, and then some.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Nos on a fully built b16a2 (Bense)

i sprayed 75 on my 99 ex more than just once or twice and never had a problem. All I had was basic i/h/e, fuel reg, colder plugs
Old 01-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nos on a fully built b16a2 (sldcivic)

do it, im doing a direct port nitrous system (100 shot) on my b16.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Slopoke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slopoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Those things are just as cheesey as calling it "NOS"</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have to disagree, there are ten million things you could call it and nothing, NOTHING rakes my nerves as hearing people call it "nos".

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slopoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You forgot colder plugs, retarded timing, at least 91 octane, and make sure you arent running a "chip" that excessively advances timing.

Also, I ran an 80 shot on an Ls motor in a civic cx with stock fuel pump for 2 years without a problem. So an aftermarket fuel pump is not always required.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, I didn't forget, I have sprayed everything from weedeaters to built small block fords and many a honda, I never once ran a colder plug or retarded timing for a 75 shot on a B series motor and never had a problem with detonation, those motors are all still living today in others cars.

Of the 40+ cars I have owned, everything aside from my Tahoe and my turbo cars have been sprayed and the most damage I ever had was burning an exhaust valve due to poor traction and no window switch when I was one of those "it won't happen to me" guys.

To each their own but I am just stating what I have learned over past ten years starting with 1/2 a pro fogger kit and a 4 cylinder probe back in like 95.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:13 AM

fully built b16a2?

Are you still using the stock rods?
Old 01-27-2006, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jay_Sensing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have to disagree, there are ten million things you could call it and nothing, NOTHING rakes my nerves as hearing people call it "nos".
</TD></TR></TABLE>

"Juice" is one of my least favorites.

No, I didn't forget, I have sprayed everything from weedeaters to built small block fords and many a honda, I never once ran a colder plug or retarded timing for a 75 shot on a B series motor and never had a problem with detonation, those motors are all still living today in others cars.

Of the 40+ cars I have owned, everything aside from my Tahoe and my turbo cars have been sprayed and the most damage I ever had was burning an exhaust valve due to poor traction and no window switch when I was one of those "it won't happen to me" guys.

To each their own but I am just stating what I have learned over past ten years starting with 1/2 a pro fogger kit and a 4 cylinder probe back in like 95.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats cool. I've been using nitrous on hondas for about 6 years now. All my previous motors are running in other cars also. I've never so much as melted a plug and I like to think thats because I take precautions.
I guess you do what works for you and I'll do what works for me.

Regardless, with the compression he is running, I personally, would pull a couple degrees to be safe.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Absolutely man, I am in no way bashing your method of tuning

I just stated what worked for me over the years. I have melted one plug and it was due to my lack of precations because I KNEW I should have had a window switch on there before I sprayed it on the track.

Once again, not arguing or anything man, just stating what I know and have done, yours are correct also, just a bit on the safe side compared to mine.

And Juice is not my favorite either, I prefer sprayed but Jesus Christ on a bicycle with a flat tire, I would rather hear anything than nos lol.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member