Notices

no muffler's just a resin pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no muffler's just a resin pipe?

i hear the SRT 4's do not have mufflers (dunno if its troo) but what if i ran a resin pipe and used no muffler for a turbo exhaust?????? really illegal or u think icould get away with it????
Old 06-30-2004, 12:21 PM

Default Re: no muffler's just a resin pipe? (bruceHungLO)

i highly doubt any cars come wtihout mufflers...
Old 06-30-2004, 12:23 PM

dude, i am from phils. most of the civic turbos here don't have the full exhaust. they call it here scav or down pipe. the exhaust is only from headers up the resonator only, that's it no flexible or calalytic converter. after the reso it's already cut. it will give you much bigger or large back pressure for the muff, rather than the full exhaust. that's why mostly all of the civic's here NA or Turbo apps, they are using the reso exhaust system only.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:49 PM

Default Re: no muffler's just a resin pipe? (98B00STED)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98B00STED &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i highly doubt any cars come wtihout mufflers...</TD></TR></TABLE>

nope. SRT-4 = no muffler(s). it's got just enough crap in the way to not be obnoxiously loud while still sounding good.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:51 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bruceHungLO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i hear the SRT 4's do not have mufflers (dunno if its troo) but what if i ran a resin pipe and used no muffler for a turbo exhaust?????? really illegal or u think icould get away with it????</TD></TR></TABLE>

"Resin pipe" Lol...

It's true that SRT 4's come from the factory sans muffler. Riding in one sounds similar to a reasonable aftermarket exhaust. Since turbos are in the exhaust stream they remove quite a bit of sound, and adding a resonator will only help reduce db levels. Will you get pulled over for it? It really comes down to what your car looks like, how you're driving, and if the cop feels like being a ***** that day.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: no muffler's just a resin pipe? (turbopimp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbopimp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

"Resin pipe" Lol...

It's true that SRT 4's come from the factory sans muffler. Riding in one sounds similar to a reasonable aftermarket exhaust. Since turbos are in the exhaust stream they remove quite a bit of sound, and adding a resonator will only help reduce db levels. Will you get pulled over for it? It really comes down to what your car looks like, how you're driving, and if the cop feels like being a ***** that day.</TD></TR></TABLE>

typical slammed coupe with stock steelies. and a black FMI
Old 06-30-2004, 04:15 PM

you can actually drop the srt-4's catback and they still aren't that loud.........i'm sure it hasn't something to do w/ there wierd *** manifold/turbo combo

anway, i have a friend that has a 3in dp into maybe an 18in resonator with a turndown right after, and i like it. it's a lot quiter than open down pipe, and probably about as loud as your average aftermarket NA exhaust. cant hear turbo spool AT ALL. if you were to get pulled over for your exhaust, it would most likely be because the cop couldn't see anything coming out the back of your car, not because of the noise.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: no muffler's just a resin pipe? (JSpin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JSpin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you can actually drop the srt-4's catback and they still aren't that loud.........i'm sure it hasn't something to do w/ there wierd *** manifold/turbo combo

anway, i have a friend that has a 3in dp into maybe an 18in resonator with a turndown right after, and i like it. it's a lot quiter than open down pipe, and probably about as loud as your average aftermarket NA exhaust. cant hear turbo spool AT ALL. if you were to get pulled over for your exhaust, it would most likely be because the cop couldn't see anything coming out the back of your car, not because of the noise.</TD></TR></TABLE>
ill imm just about to do it just leave a stock muffler in the back just not connected haha.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: no muffler's just a resin pipe? (turbopimp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbopimp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

"Resin pipe" Lol...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I VOTE YES FOR RESIN PIPES!
Old 07-01-2004, 06:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: no muffler's just a resin pipe? (Toda Party)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Toda Party &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I VOTE YES FOR RESIN PIPES!</TD></TR></TABLE>

... yes on the "resin pipe" , but don't drive around without a muffler ... a cop will pull you over and find that you have a "resin pipe."
Old 07-01-2004, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: no muffler's just a resin pipe? (dasher)

TOBACCO USE ONLY!