Notices

nitrous integra, hence the smallblock integra

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous integra, hence the smallblock integra

im workin on a project car, 90 integra rs, b20b swap, yes im a engine biulder backyard v-8 biulder anyway, biuldin a b20 nonvtec head, workin on a carb setup, my use weber side drafts, but really wanna go with a sheet metal with single plane manfold, anyway, everything is prototype from manifold to the camshafts, im lookin to leave nothing out, hopefully we can get the car to run mid 10's on motor and see what we can do on nitrous, im not promisin no record breakin passes, but we use balance and reliable power production as our key, wanna know what everybody will think abou our project, i dont care to hear someone syain it cant be done, cuz its not a street car a full drag car, will thanks for the support on this project
Old 08-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: nitrous integra, hence the smallblock integra (quickest unknown)

anything is possible, goodluck
Old 08-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:52 PM

Default Re: (TheCheeseWedge)

10's on a b20b non vtec all motor carbed?

GOOD FUKCING LUCK
Old 08-18-2006, 11:40 PM

yeah, u look at it now a days everyone wanna do the same thing, like i got a lsvtec or w/e, u know vtec is good out of the box, no doubt about it, but im biuldin a drag motor, and the non vtec is a simple head, plus i got a lot of room for port configuration bc i start with a not very high flowin head, im not sayin it's easy but its possible, plus we lookin to pull alot of toruqe out of this motor, and thats not gonna be easy, but thats y we have to use custom grind cams and a few tips from biuldin v-8's
Old 08-18-2006, 11:48 PM

oh yeah, i appreciate u guys no being bitches and sayin this and that, like get a k20, or u cant do that, hey if we can make 1158hp on a 350 smallblock, hel anything is possible, if greg anderson can spin a 500ci bigblock to 10,500rpm anything is possible, if top fuel drag cars can make 7000-8000hp without blowing up, then dammit its possible, everybody think outside the box, thats the biggest advice i can give, i cant give out to many tips on my engine biulding, or do like i do, look up to john kaase (2 time engine master challenge) pick up engine dyno simulation to help biuld some of my motors, and also lennart bergquist (last year champion 851 pump gas 509ci street motor), i learned from the best, and its not makin power its finding it, some everyone just look out side of the box, and take ur time, u'll be supprized
Old 08-19-2006, 05:59 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm not going to say it can't be done, but it is going to cost a lot....good luck
Old 08-19-2006, 07:50 AM

thanks for the luck, most everything is custom fabricated in house, intake manifold headers, ect. the cyl head design is a major role in this project, and should be in any car, the cyl head is the number one asspect at making power and next is the camshafts, careful tuning will be done here 1st the strike a balance i cant give out flow numbers but i can say, the intake and exaust valves will be upsized but it wont be no .5mm or 1mm, i'll let u know when we finish the project
Old 08-19-2006, 01:52 PM

Default Re: (quickest unknown)

Unless I've been educated wrong, the only thing vtec is for is so you can have a high lift cam, and still be able to idle, and drive practically. If hes got his own machining I am pretty confident he can achieve his goal.

I like your thinking! It's cool to see some domestic love
Old 08-19-2006, 07:58 PM

sc4dr i appreciate the support, yeah alot of ricers think theres a difference between v-8s and 4-cyls, both r engines that run have pistons and ect. and need air fuel and spark to make power, besides computer basics, but i know how ot tune a carb so thats y im usin the setup, and im tired of the get some itb's garbage, ha, i testes some of those, not impressive, unless u do circuit racing, u need low end torque out of corners, itb take alot from u bc u need top end power, and itb make low end torque, so ur sacrificing alot to make that power, thats y most basically teams r makin310whp out of 2.5L dragengines not imoressive if u ask me, i hate to think antron brown (nhra prostock bike rider) 2-valve head 1500cc engine makes 335hp on small carbs it makes u wonder, where do these guy spend thier money and what kinda research r they doing, im just wonderin, someone corect me if im wrong
Old 08-19-2006, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

intresting...
Old 08-20-2006, 12:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (quickest unknown)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quickest unknown &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh yeah, i appreciate u guys no being bitches and sayin this and that, like get a k20, or u cant do that, hey if we can make 1158hp on a 350 smallblock, hel anything is possible, if greg anderson can spin a 500ci bigblock to 10,500rpm anything is possible, if top fuel drag cars can make 7000-8000hp without blowing up, then dammit its possible, everybody think outside the box, thats the biggest advice i can give, i cant give out to many tips on my engine biulding, or do like i do, look up to john kaase (2 time engine master challenge) pick up engine dyno simulation to help biuld some of my motors, and also lennart bergquist (last year champion 851 pump gas 509ci street motor), i learned from the best, and its not makin power its finding it, some everyone just look out side of the box, and take ur time, u'll be supprized</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quickest unknown &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sc4dr i appreciate the support, yeah alot of ricers think theres a difference between v-8s and 4-cyls, both r engines that run have pistons and ect. and need air fuel and spark to make power, besides computer basics, but i know how ot tune a carb so thats y im usin the setup, and im tired of the get some itb's garbage, ha, i testes some of those, not impressive, unless u do circuit racing, u need low end torque out of corners, itb take alot from u bc u need top end power, and itb make low end torque, so ur sacrificing alot to make that power, thats y most basically teams r makin310whp out of 2.5L dragengines not imoressive if u ask me, i hate to think antron brown (nhra prostock bike rider) 2-valve head 1500cc engine makes 335hp on small carbs it makes u wonder, where do these guy spend thier money and what kinda research r they doing, im just wonderin, someone corect me if im wrong</TD></TR></TABLE>

Please use a period. Holy bajesus, you're making me dizzy.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:34 PM

Default Re: (tegasaurus)

You know, its funny, but I didn't even notice that. Some of the smartest people have poor grammar. I geuss Im not that smart.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:48 PM

whoa dont give me credit i ait smart im just a engine nut, i love biuldin engines and love racing, yea i cant spell to save my life. yeah i do believe i need to use peroids, im gonna take a lil time off this engine biuld, need some me time. but right now im workin on the camshaft profile, but the cyl head and intake manifold need to match up to ir, does anyone know if the b16a intake manifold will bolt up to a b18a/b head, i have'nt tryed that yet