Notices

Nitrous Install

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2001, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Install

Well, when my car gets out of the shop, I'll have a few new toys to install.

NOS Dry Kit (5122)
NOS Bottle Heater
NOS Bottle Opener
NOS Purge Valve

NGK BKR7E

**Need to order the following**
-Summit Racing RPM Activation Switch (for activation and deactivation of the nitrous system depending on RPMS)
-B&M (or Vortech) FPR
-Fuel pump (need help deciding)

Anywho, I feel extremely confident that I will be able to install everything correctly. I just wanted to get an idea of where most people mounted the solenoids. Picture are worth a thousand words.

I also think I am going to replace most of the switches with standard metal ones, and get the fighter pilot covers. I also wanted to rig a set of indication lights...to let me know when say...my bottle heater is on, or the nitrous is armed... I guess I could pick up some auto dash lights from pep boys, super track, or auto zone...any other ideas? It would be cool to use one of the blank slots in the guage cluster!!

But anywho, just wanted to get some input from others on the install/setup...

-ryan
Old 07-27-2001, 08:07 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Nitrous Install (riot)

only use that rpm switch in conjunction with a WOT switch mounted on the throttle linkage / throttle body.. nothing like getting on it and having hte nos go in and the engine go boom...

but you prolly already thought of that...
Old 07-27-2001, 01:15 PM
New User

Anywho, I feel extremely confident that I will be able to install everything correctly. I just wanted to get an idea of where most people mounted the solenoids. Picture are worth a thousand words.
My 2 cents. When I had my ef runing nitrous on my dohc zc motor I mounted the solenoids on the firewall and then ran the fan spray nozzle about 6 inches from the throttle body, it worked perfect. I am sorry but I don't have any pictures.

I think the bottle heater is a great investment along with the bottle opener (very cool) and the purge valve. As for the RPM switch I personally never needed one, and the B&M and the fuel pump is a waste of money unless you are squeezing over a 60 shot and if you are squeezing over a 60 shot then you should go direct port.

As for the switches and the lights, I did a crazy custom install for a friend of mine in his show car we didn't add any switches at all his purge was activated by the windshield washer fluid switch, and to arm the system we disconnected his high beams and used that as an arming switch and then had a microswitch on the throttle body to activate the nitrous. We then put all the lights in the gauge cluster we used an empty square and made a NOS cut out and slipped it in so when he would arm the system the NOS symbol in the cluster would light up green, when he would purge it would turn orange and when he was squeezing it would light up red. It took a very long time but when all was done everyone gave him props on how clean it looked.
Old 07-27-2001, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Install (EVOCELICA)

God damn dude, sounds like it was a sweet install...Although I want to keep my switches...I like the idea of the NOS symbol in the cluster...very cool. Thanks for the tips...

-ryan
Old 07-27-2001, 03:14 PM
New User

Bro I also remembered that you will not need a FPR because the dry manifold kit raises the fuel pressure so there is no need for an aftermarket one, when you buy the kit you will see a brass T this will hook up to the stock FPR, the intake plenum and the blue solenoid looking thingamaboobie also just remember to wire up the hobbswitch on the fuel line so if your pressure doesn't raise it will not activate the second solenoid and it will save you from a little detenation
Old 07-27-2001, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

your right dude...but still, I want to be able to run a little bit richer when off the juice....good call though. I am still going to need a high flow fuel pump...to make sure I get the fuel...

-ryan
Old 07-27-2001, 07:01 PM
New User

the pump is only going to give you the volume of fuel, which is not going to be needed but if you want to get it go for it, if you want to run a little rich save your money and pull some timing
Old 07-30-2001, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I may just decide to run the 60shot dry on the 2 step colder plugs and the window switch. Although I would like an FPR/fuel pump before I spray..because the kit has a pressure riser included with it, I should be ok.

-ryan
Old 07-30-2001, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just finished a similar setup:
<A HREF="https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=55760
" TARGET="_blank">https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=55760
</a> <A HREF="http://absolutevtec.websitegalaxy.com/darkside.html
" TARGET="_blank">http://absolutevtec.websitegalaxy.com/darkside.html
</a> http://absolutevtec.websitegalaxy.com/avtsleeper.html (full setup)
http://absolutevtec.websitegalaxy.com (main page)

[Modified by TypeC, 11:11 AM 7/30/2001]
Old 08-02-2001, 12:49 PM
New User

Default Re: Nitrous Install (TypeC)

The ZEX kit looks sweet bro hope you have fun with it!
Old 08-03-2001, 03:25 AM
New User

I have my solenoids mounted on the firewall, and the purge line runs up through the wiper cowl. As far as switches and buttons, my sytem is armed by a lighted rocker switched, and then a button on the steering wheel, (ala F&F) activates the nitrous when I push it. I like the setup how it is. I have a bottle heater, blanket and pruge valve in my system. I would say that all of them are worth it.