Notices

Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 05:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it

I haven't found any reviews of these products nor have I seen any pictures of cars that are using a NOS setup to cool thier Intercooler. Has anyone had any real benefits with something like this...the only car I have ever seen it on is the Skyline from the fast and the furious 2. Please post pics of your setup if you have something like this.

Old 11-21-2002, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (madman13lm)

I think it is a total waste of nitrous. If you want to get your intercooler that cool, just run a water to air. A water to air system would keep it running cooler for longer then spraying out all that nitrous and a lot cheaper then refueling a nitrous bottle.
Old 11-21-2002, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (ninesecrx)

The NX ntercooler setup can also be used with CO2.....so that you dont waste N2O....Air to Liquid is great for the track...but for the street not only do you need to add a pump/lines/and a tank filled with water but you need a radiator for the water. If not after a couple of minutes the water will no longer be cool or even ambient outside temp. Then the money situation is a big diffence too....

Howard
Old 11-21-2002, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (madman13lm)

Also what about this system ?

It's much cheaper than Nitrous injection because it only works based on water. The best part is that i you can configure it differently. It can automatically run based on different settings. The whole kits runs @ less than $150.00

This unit can be installed in car model with original fitted water spray system or without water spray system. An extra fine water spray at a fixed interval that gives you a superior cooling results. This controller can also be used for cars already fitted with factory water spray system (Impreza STI, Evolution Model). The best ideal will be for those car model without factory water spray system, utilised of the car's rear windshield washer line and optional part Nozzle Kit (sold separately with the controller). This controller also have the features of Engine RPM scaled Auto-Spray Function , Water level Auto-Check and Stop Function and Countdown Display.

Old 11-21-2002, 07:04 AM

Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (POLLO)

... i have heard (never seen) of people re-routhing their windshield squirters to do the same thing... ((of course, this is if you live in a place where there is little need for the actual functionality of the squirters))... just a thought...
Old 11-21-2002, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I haven't found any reviews of these products nor have I seen any pictures of cars that are using a NOS setup to cool thier Intercooler. Has anyone had any real benefits with something like this...the only car I have ever seen it on is the Skyline from the fast and the furious 2. Please post pics of your setup if you have something like this.

Try talking to Boosted97lude. I think he has the NX intercooler with his setup.

[Modified by NCH22driver, 4:11 PM 11/21/2002]
Old 11-21-2002, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (NCH22driver)

So did NX ever come up with a winner to the contest where you had to rename the N-Tercooler?
Old 11-21-2002, 08:50 AM

Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (CheezeFrog)

Nitrous aint free! I agree that it is a waste, but maybe if you're rich you will have a differring opinion.

That water squirter system looks like a good idea. Water is significantly cheaper and easier to find than nitrous. $150 aint too bad, I'm putting together a system for my car right now for less than that. The only thing that concerns me is dripping water near the tires. That could be dangerous, ecspecially in a sharp turn, where even if it is not dripping in line with the front tires, it could effect the grip of the rear tires. I am going to be using high pressure water with misting nozzles to break up the water. Hopefully it wont drip all over and ruin my traction.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (Vanilla Ic3)

It all depends on the size of the water "jet" that you are using and how much water also how quick will it take to evaporate once it makes contact with the intercooler...But if you are doing it manually you only need couple of squirts anyway
Old 11-21-2002, 09:54 AM
New User

Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (POLLO)

pollo, where can you get this water spray system? Who makes it?
Old 11-21-2002, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (smoothludey2)

pollo, where can you get this water spray system? Who makes it?
Well the one I posted pictures of Pivot makes it, so I guess that's a japan product only for the time being. Im sure there are other ways that you can make it by using your existing windshield wash nozzle.

The website that sells those pivot is http://www.takakaira.com check them out the whole site its in english.

Actually, it was an MR2 guy who introduced me to this system. For us FMIC daily driven hondas are not much needed during this time of the year. But this works great for the MR2s, WRX or just anything that does not use a FMIC....

I might try this system during once the hot weather starts again in Florida, but before I better get my canoe running
Old 11-21-2002, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok .....Spray water over the IC...great for the street.....do it at the track you will get banned.....And CO2 is very cheap.....Doing things the right way guarantees HP increase....
Old 11-21-2002, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (AR Fab)

dont people also mix rubbing alcohol in with the water to make it even colder?
Old 11-21-2002, 01:04 PM
New User

Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (93h22a4)

dont people also mix rubbing alcohol in with the water to make it even colder?
yeah, i don't see why not...it would cool better and prevent water freeze damage in the cold months.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (Vanilla Ic3)

yes couldnt your just get two additional squiters from a junk yard for say and just run them inline with your existing ones --- the pressure wouldnt be as great but i think it would work and you would still have use of your windshield ones....oh wait i just remebered then every time you'd spray your intercooler youd be making the windshield spray and wipers go on -----oh well but you get what i am saying -- maybe put in a switch valve to cut off the direction of water to the windshield ones -- wait then your wipers would still go ----oh forget me and my ideas
Old 11-26-2002, 07:38 AM

Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (AR Fab)

Spray water over the IC...great for the street.....do it at the track you will get banned
Old 11-26-2002, 07:39 AM

Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (smoothludey2)

http://www.spwusa.com/manu.asp

they got them out now, also a fan controller with a water temp gauge. i've never heard of anyone with one so i'm not sure how well any of the products work. anyone have one or getting one?
Old 11-26-2002, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (swrdply400mrelay)

howabout some small inline fan? do you think that would affect intake temps
Old 11-26-2002, 09:13 AM
New User

how about using both? Spray the water, then CO2, hello frozen intercooler treat
Old 11-26-2002, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (VaporTrail)

what about propain ? that is really cheap i have seen propain injecter i guess it is like running race gas but a lot cheaper ?
Old 11-27-2002, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (coyote)

what about propain ? that is really cheap i have seen propain injecter i guess it is like running race gas but a lot cheaper ?
they aren't talking about injection into the intake charge, but sprayign on the intercooler. you gonna spray propane into the open atm next to a piping hot motor? BOOM!
Old 11-27-2002, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (downpipe)

c02 is dirt cheap, i could see myself using that, definitly not n20, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy to pricey
Old 11-27-2002, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (downpipe)

nx saw a gain of like 40 more jp with the setup check there website
Old 11-27-2002, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (redlinegsr)

i got a groupbuy on anx products: search for my screename..
pricing is way below the other net shops SHIPPED@1
Old 11-27-2002, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it (roby)

n-tercooler is ******* $500!!!

First off, why waste n20, man this is how I do it.

$40 - 40 oz. SIPHON(sucks liquid co2 instead of gas) CO2 tank, $4 bucks a fill
M.A.C. Solenoid valve - $30
Various electronics and switches, easily wired together - $5
jet nozzles to aim liquid co2 at intercooler - $5

^POH MAN's SETUP STRAIGHT UP!!! (and to tell you the truth, it would probably work better than NX's system.)

Quick Reply: Nitrous Express "N-Ter" Cooler Chiller System and others like it