Notices

New ls/vtec blowzilla powered dc2 update!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New ls/vtec blowzilla powered dc2 update!

Sup guys.....some of you may remember my last post last week about my car but here's an update. My instructor didn't get the head finished up, sorry Boosted, but he did make progress. He's got all the intake valves cut and he started on the seats. When I get back this week: intake seats will be cut, exhaust valves/seats cut, cc poished, and the head will be flowed so i will have those numbers up on this post sometime this week hopefully. I just have the head on the car for mock-up purposes so me and my buddy Jeff from Wiseco Piston, YOU THE MAN JEFF, can make the turbo to ic pipe. The problem I had before was that my Lakewood/Mr. Gasket traction bars were hitting my ic pipe and it looked like **** so we decided to make another one. I'll have pics of that after I metal finish it. Started bolting the manifold, turbo, wastegate, and dumptube together to save time next weekend when we fire her up. Also, just got my 1000cc injectors so......I'm almost there! Thx to all who have helped, you know who you are. Any comments and ?'s welcome. Thanks
Ryan
Turbo mounted checking fitment of new pipe. Jeff made me a really nice compound miter cut piece, thx Jeff!!

Top shot

Jeff starting the mock-up

Gettin **** done!

Mr. Gasket/Lakewood titanium traction bars, how many people do you know have these?
New pic of 3 angle valve job!

Btw, got a brand new ignition system for sale too!
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1470867

Modified by Teglove2 at 3:00 AM 2/1/2006
Old 01-22-2006, 10:51 PM
BCICAN

Default Re: New ls/vtec blowzilla powered dc2 update! (Teglove2)

Looking good man
Old 01-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New ls/vtec blowzilla powered dc2 update! (Dunc)

hell yha, icant wait till we get it done. its going to be fast as expletive.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:05 AM

Default Re: New ls/vtec blowzilla powered dc2 update! (accordlove)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Teglove2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Mr. Gasket/Lakewood titanium traction bars, how many people do you know have these?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've got them. The damn hiem joints weigh more than the whole bar. lol
Old 01-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for more peeps to check out i guess....still have to order gasket for turbo for oil return, one 2.5 straight coupler, intake exhaust manifold gaskets......I also thought of a couple of ?s for you guys. One, what size silicone couple is best to use on STOCK ls throttle body cuz mine is SUPER tight and i'm sick of muscling it on all the damn time. And secondly I seem to have some problems with blowing out exhaust manifold gaskets on the edges and my instructor(who has been racing cirlce track for 20yrs) suggested taking a high temp sealant like copper sealant and puttin that on the head 1/8" thick or so and another layer in front of the gasket also. He said to wait 15-20mins for it to dry to the touch then install and he said they haven't EVER had a problem on race cars or boosted student cars. He also said I could try just using the sealant. I trust him but I want boosted honda owners opinions on this please!! Thx guys!
Ryan
Old 01-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for a guy looking for some advice!
Old 01-26-2006, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Quick bump......we-todd-did-racing was down so pics didnt work.....still lookin for some answers
Ryan
Old 01-31-2006, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

check your mating surfaces with a straight edge. There could be a lil bit of warpage on the flange that will not put even pressure on the gasket and eventually blow it out. The copper sealant will probably do the trick but if there is warpage its only gonna get worse.

as for your coupler question. A 2.5 coupler should work just fine.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:50 AM
i HAS questions ?

Default Re: (Teglove2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Teglove2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">One, what size silicone couple is best to use on STOCK ls throttle body cuz mine is SUPER tight and i'm sick of muscling it on all the damn time. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Why do you keep taking it off then? Put it on once and leave it on.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

When you bend valves you kinda have no choice but to take it off! We're always changing something so we're always taking it off. Anyways, I checked the mating surfaces and they're fine. I didnt even put a gasket between the turbo and manifold but I'm going to try the copper sealant on the manifold to head gasket to see how it works. I couldn't get it started cuz I'm missing the little c-clip that goes in the lost motion assembly, i need those phenolic spaces for the rail, and I'm some how missing the pin that goes in between the rockers. GRrrrrr.
Ryan