Notices

NEW Fuel Setup, problems with tuning...HELP???

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Fuel Setup, problems with tuning...HELP???

Ok tuners solve this one!

Today i helped my freind install his new fuel setup (Stan's Bosch Fuel Set/kit) with precision 1000cc....we got everything hooked up...turn the pump on (whiiiine)...didnt find no leaks to our knowledge...

So we started tuning it...i got his idle and part throttle down....then inch our way into the boost portion of the maps with conservative timing...it was lean, so i richen it up, he did another boost run and it was lean, so i richin it up even more, we ran it again and it wasnt getting any leaner...this was starting to boggle me now...so i richin it up even further and it just didnt want to get leaner...i richin it up to a point where 1000cc were maxed out by 20 psi to see if it woulda richn up...which is totally unreasonable, but it didnt..

so we shut the car off...ponder and i made a new map and tuned it agian...this time its reading pig rich, so i lean it out some, and so forth...then all sudden it went very lean...so i richn it up again and again and same results....this only happens in the boost section....i never ran into a problem like this with other peoples car...so i dunno whats up...occasionally though i can smell some raw fuel, so we looked for that and couldnt find anything...the only thing i can think of is to turn up the fpr....but im stumped...no way in hell im maxing out 1000cc at 20 psi and still running lean...and yes they are official 1000cc injectors...

Also my freind wanted to reroute the return back thru the stock feed...but he didnt have the fitting to flare the stock line, so we just fed it back thru the oem feed filter...i dunno if it effects anything or not..