Notices

new to FI. wanna go SOHC trbo; just some Q's

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to FI. wanna go SOHC trbo; just some Q's

ok. im new to FI and i dont really know much about it all. i have a SOHC y8 and i wanan go turbo on it. i was thinking about the JG turbo kit and i wanna know what peple have heard about it. or what are some good turbo kits out there that come in a full package? how much psi is safe for a stock head on a y8? just rrandom questions i suppose. any replies are appreciated. thanks again h-techers
Old 01-28-2004, 06:47 PM

Default Re: new to FI. wanna go SOHC trbo; just some Q's (Taffeta_EXcpe)

i guy i know has the jg turbo kit and seems to like it verry well. comes with everything you need. As for the greddy kit you still need a bov and a front-mount. But then again the greddy turbo kit is half the price of the. The jg kit comes with a bb turbo and the greddy kit does not. Apexi also makes a kit for the d-series motor, but i could not tell you anything about that kit.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:50 PM

Default Re: new to FI. wanna go SOHC trbo; just some Q's (boost fed ls)

the jg is a good complete kit for a beginer it comes with everything you need so your not left asking what else do i need....then once you learn some stuff you can go stand alone on it and big injectors and really lay down some power....i think its a very good kit, and ya cant beat the BB t28 turbo, those things are niiice
Old 01-28-2004, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new to FI. wanna go SOHC trbo; just some Q's (TravSi)

ok, bb stands for ball bearing?? and the JG i dont believe comes with larger sized injectors so whats a good size injector to run. i hear most using 420-550. i know a friend who runs 720injectors. thats big.lol alos, whats a good psi to run on stock internals and still make significant power?? whats the cost of the jg??? i cant find the price anywhere. thanks u guys