Notices

New EGT probe rocks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New EGT probe rocks!!!

Just got my new egt probe from http://www.teamrip.com/pricing.html
It is for my Greddy EGT gauge. I am very impressed with this probe. It cost $52 shipped (about half of what Greddy wants for theirs). I received it in 2 days Fed Ex. I had to cut off the plug from the wire on my Greddy gauge, strip the two wires and connect them to the new probe plug. Like Teamrip states, the probe does react faster than the stock probe. Just thought I would let everyone know.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New EGT probe rocks!!! (Farnsrocket)

my greddy egt reacts pretty damn fast.. I was very impressed.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:08 AM
New User

awesome a cheaper alternative to the 100+ egt probes.. keep us updated... btw were u able to reuse the greddy egt fitting with your new probe? how is it mounted to the runner?
Old 06-18-2003, 11:52 AM

Default Re: New EGT probe rocks!!! (Civtek)

Actually, it kinda pissed me off at first because I thought I would just plug the new one in. The probe is welded to it's own fitting which is the same size as the Greddy fitting and this screws right into the manifold. It worked out well. I will try to get some pics up.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:12 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Farnsrocket &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Like Teamrip states, the probe does react faster than the stock probe.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, the pic in Teamrips site shows the probe is an exposed junction type probe, since there is no material around it like the Greddy probe, it will react faster as you noted. there is some debate whether it will last as long as the greddy - i am guessing it will last long enough anyway. and the extra response is probably worth it.
Old 06-19-2003, 03:19 AM

Default Re: New EGT probe rocks!!! (falconGSR)

Yeah, they it will last 20,000 to 50,000 miles........we'll see.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for sharing that info with us. A buddy of mine is on his 3rd Greddy EGT probe and has ended up buying new gauges each time. If mine ever goes to hell i know where to order from
Old 06-19-2003, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Doesnt your Greddy egt run in celcius and the one on teamrips site is farenheit?? My buddy says his is in celcius is that because his is possibly from japan?
Old 06-20-2003, 03:56 AM

Default Re: New EGT probe rocks!!! (arsenaldragster)

My Greddy gauge is Celcius. The probe just creates a voltage signal based on how hot the two wires in the probe become. I believe that gauge itself (or in my case, the control box) converts that voltage signal to Celcius or Farenheit, depending on which way your gauge is set to read temperature. I am sure Teamrip just shows all of the accuracy readings in F for simplicity on their web page.
Old 06-20-2003, 04:28 AM

kinda OT but can you please tell me which color wires on the gauge you tapped the probe into? or is it the one you plug in? THANKS
Old 06-20-2003, 04:43 AM

Default Re: New EGT probe rocks!!! (krazySOHC)

I have the Greddy Peak Hold gauge. It has a gauge and a separate control box. There are three plug-ins on the control box. One for the gauge itself. One for the power/ground/lighting and another plug for the probe. The probe wire is stainless steel wrapped and about 6' long so it can run through the engine bay. On the end of this piece is another 12" piece that has the probe attached to it. The 6' piece and the 12" piece are connected by a plastic plug. I just unplugged the original probe, cut of the plug from the 6' piece, stripped the two wires and attached the new plug from the new probe. The wires on the probe are red and white. I assumed the red was positive, but I do not think it matters. Mine works!
Old 06-20-2003, 04:48 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Farnsrocket &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just got my new egt probe from http://www.teamrip.com/pricing.html
It is for my Greddy EGT gauge. I am very impressed with this probe. It cost $52 shipped (about half of what Greddy wants for theirs). I received it in 2 days Fed Ex. I had to cut off the plug from the wire on my Greddy gauge, strip the two wires and connect them to the new probe plug. Like Teamrip states, the probe does react faster than the stock probe. Just thought I would let everyone know. </TD></TR></TABLE>

my automete reacts good , its in the manifold so thats why...
did you have your in the DP or mani? cause if it reacts liek you say and its in teh DP then tahts good, but if it was in teh mani, then is the old greddy probe taht slow? just curious cause i know most honda peeps run it literally right off cylinder 3 or whatever, point is that i woulda thought any probe in that location would be close
Old 06-20-2003, 04:50 AM

Default Re: New EGT probe rocks!!! (evoeone)

nevemind, just saw you said up top that it was in the mani

but liek i said.... is the old greddy gauge that bad then? just curious
Old 06-20-2003, 05:00 AM

Default Re: New EGT probe rocks!!! (evoeone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, the pic in Teamrips site shows the probe is an exposed junction type probe, since there is no material around it like the Greddy probe, it will react faster as you noted. there is some debate whether it will last as long as the greddy - i am guessing it will last long enough anyway. and the extra response is probably worth it.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Evoeone, I never thought the Greddy was slow when i had it. It's just after seeing the Teamrip probe work, the Greddy seems slow.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ordering mine today!