Notices

New car, new turbo setup. Please let me know if I'm going in the right direction.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New car, new turbo setup. Please let me know if I'm going in the right direction.

Well, I just bought a new car. 1997 ITR. I want to take a new approuch to this turbo setup on this motor. I'd still like to keep it around 300whp on the stock motor. Since I doubt I'll want any more that that in the future, I'd like to get exactly what I need. Nothing overkill, like I did with my hatch.

Here is what I've been thinking of buying.

Turbo - GT2871R .63 a/r ( T3 turbine flange )
Intercooler - JRC 6"
Intercooler Piping - Spoolin Performance
Manifold - Blox
Downpipe - ??? Who could I have make a nice 2.5" downpipe, A/C?
Wastegate - Tial 38mm (10psi spring)
Bloww Off Valve - TurboXS RFL
Oil Return & Feed lines from Flemenco-T
Fuel System - Hondata S200, RC750, Walbro 255lph

or

I just throw on my rev hard kit I took off my hatch along with the 440's, walbro, hondata.

But, I loose A/C and have a large Sc34 turbo that I don't really need.

Thanks for the help people.

The one picture I have of it.

This is what I just sold to buy this ITR.
b16/turbo/hondata/11psi.etc.

Old 12-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New car, new turbo setup. Please let me know if I'm going in the right direction. (RyanAutry)

damn homie i'd keep that hatch over the ITR, but thats just me.

you wanna turbo the ITR? hmm. Is it the stock motor with the high comp. pistons? I deff. wouldn't go in that direction. I would lower the compression first. I know 10 psi isn't a lot, but still.

The setup you're thinkin bout sounds good to me. Spoolin Performance makes downpipes too. http://www.spoolinperformance.com/downpipe.htm

i'd go all motor
Old 12-13-2004, 03:27 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: New car, new turbo setup. Please let me know if I'm going in the right direction. (RyanAutry)

i would go with the 28rs, the 28/71 seems alot more laggy and im honestly not that impressed with it. you can make over 300whp easily with the 28rs.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New car, new turbo setup. Please let me know if I'm going in the right direction. (Mpir3)

yo that hatch is hottttttttt Good luck with the itr
Old 12-13-2004, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New car, new turbo setup. Please let me know if I'm going in the right direction. (GoFastMotorSp

sell ur turbo on the revhard kit, get a turbo that will fit with a/c and throw it in
Old 12-13-2004, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so ur the one who picked up the 7900 ITR huh??? would of picked the ITR over the hatch too good luck
Old 12-13-2004, 04:29 PM

Default Re: New car, new turbo setup. Please let me know if I'm going in the right direction. (niann)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by niann &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
you wanna turbo the ITR? hmm. Is it the stock motor with the high comp. pistons? I deff. wouldn't go in that direction. I would lower the compression first. I know 10 psi isn't a lot, but still.

i'd go all motor</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lower compression? Nah... How about just run less boost and make the same horsepower?

small-motor ?

300whp &gt; 200whp
225wtq &gt; 125wtq

Old 12-13-2004, 04:30 PM

Default Re: New car, new turbo setup. Please let me know if I'm going in the right direction. (SPOON_BeIgHtE

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SPOON_BeIgHtEeNsEe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so ur the one who picked up the 7900 ITR huh??? would of picked the ITR over the hatch too good luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think he picked it up for $7,250 . . . .
Old 12-13-2004, 04:32 PM

Default Re: New car, new turbo setup. Please let me know if I'm going in the right direction. (GoFastMotorSp

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg cookiemonster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sell ur turbo on the revhard kit, get a turbo that will fit with a/c and throw it in</TD></TR></TABLE>

The manifold he has is a Rev-Hard non-A/C version.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:39 PM
CALM_AS_A_BOMB

get a EK civic Si Greddy turbo kit. its very reliable and the turbo 18g may be enough for 300whp for a b18c5.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:59 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg cookiemonster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sell ur turbo on the revhard kit, get a turbo that will fit with a/c and throw it in</TD></TR></TABLE>

The manifold he has is a Rev-Hard non-A/C version.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:04 PM

i like the direction your taking, keep the AC

BTW, the ITR is 10x hotter than the EG
Old 12-13-2004, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

normally i hate civics but....holy clean EG....
Old 12-13-2004, 06:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96BLkGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">normally i hate civics but....holy clean EG.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

still to me though, having an itr is like a dream. I may be able to put a b18c in a eg someday, but it still won't be an itr.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

with a different manifold you can keep the a/c and use that sc34. The gt28 is nice though...

and spooling perfomance can make you a downpipe.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:52 PM

Default Re: New car, new turbo setup. Please let me know if I'm going in the right direction. (TurboChrgd_Ci

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboChrgd_Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">with a different manifold you can keep the a/c and use that sc34. The gt28 is nice though...

and spooling perfomance can make you a downpipe.</TD></TR></TABLE> thanks !
Old 12-13-2004, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd much rather sell my Rev Hard kit as a whole, or just use it...
Old 12-13-2004, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow...its been a while since I've seen anything from ya.

I have always loved that BLack Hatch, but the ITR does look tasty.

Your proposed setup looks good. If it were me though, I would prolly throw in a J&S safegaurd just to make sure I don't blow up that $$$ ITR motor.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:18 PM

Default Re: (Bryson)

Drive down to san jose and put Spoolin to work!

have him make u a manifold, dp and intercooler piping and do the install yourself, his work is top notch u will love it

save money over the blox, unless u get a killer deal on it, btw ur going to have to shaved the head just a bit to fit it, and move the tial wastegate a bit, if u go with one, or buy a arm from spoolin (If u go with a blox)

setup sounds nice, should be killer on the r block

Dumptube Spoolin as well
F in GREAT WORK
Old 12-14-2004, 02:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Quad-Damge)

good choice! get a Inline Pro manifold and you can run a 3" downpipe and still keep the AC. I did.

scott
Old 12-14-2004, 03:16 AM
On Fire!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (scooter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by scooter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good choice! get a Inline Pro manifold and you can run a 3" downpipe and still keep the AC. I did.

scott</TD></TR></TABLE>

U got any pics of this?
Old 12-14-2004, 03:30 AM

that was a nice hatch you had man....ITR turbo is nasty but its such a rare car to f%^k with...then again i have CTR on boost
Old 12-14-2004, 03:57 AM

Default Re: (EK9civicJDM)

How much power does it put out
Old 12-14-2004, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have to second that motion. Should have stay with the lighter hatch. but then again the ITR chassis is unique.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GoFastMotorSports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yo that hatch is hottttttttt Good luck with the itr</TD></TR></TABLE>

^ yea what he said.........

Quick Reply: New car, new turbo setup. Please let me know if I'm going in the right direction.