Notices

New to Board...about to get a Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Board...about to get a Kit

Im new to turbos but not new to Hondas. I have a 89 CRX Si with a DOHC ZC, PG7 ECU. IÂ’m am going to boost it here as soon as I find a good/cheap kit. Looking for only 160-170whp. I will tell you up from that I don't want to spend much on this. I have a child and thatÂ’s more important. I am looking at a kit that TSI makes with a T20, all piping, FMU...etc. No IC or BOV. My question is has anyone used this kit, or heard of it. And how well does the fuel management hold up. I will only stay at the default 5-6psi. Just want to know if this setup will be reliable for everyday use. Any insight would be great.

thanks
btw heres a link to the kit
http://www.prostreetonline.com...+Kits
Old 11-08-2003, 11:30 AM

Default Re: New to Board...about to get a Kit (DOHCZC9)

How much are you looking to spend? I know your new to turbos, but with a little research you could piece together everything you need for very cheap. Have you seen this site?
http://www.homemadeturbo.com

edit: try this site also:
http://www.cse.uconn.edu/~yele....html

Old 11-08-2003, 11:43 AM

Default Re: New to Board...about to get a Kit (slashDEVslashNULL)

Looking at about $1400 or so. I have seen that site many times. most of those setups you can't keep AC and with a 2 year old that’s not a option. Further more I was just looking to buy a kit and save the time and headaches of putting one together myself . So I was looking at the TSI T20 Kit for $1350 shipped.
Old 11-08-2003, 12:09 PM

Can't keep a/c? What are you talking about?
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any B series turbo manifold. Preferably from a Drag or Revhard kit <FONT SIZE="3"><FONT COLOR="red">(So you can retain your air conditioning system).</FONT></FONT> There are some people on http://www.thepartstrader.com that sell these for around $200-$300 used! I've seen some custom ones on there for $600! However, for our project, lets just use a turbo manifold from a Drag or Revhard kit. If you are lucky, you can pick up a used one locally from someone for $250 or so. </TD></TR></TABLE>

from here
If you would have bothered to read the site :sigh:

And you would get a lot more for the money, but if you want a kit that is fine - its no real headache to put your own kit together, esp since I just showed you a site that tells you how to do it, and since you have a 2 year old kid, you probably want the best bang for the buck.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by noob &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looking at about $1400 or so. I have seen that site many times. most of those setups you can't keep AC and with a 2 year old that?s not a option. Further more I was just looking to buy a kit and save the time and headaches of putting one together myself . So I was looking at the TSI T20 Kit for $1350 shipped. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-08-2003, 12:35 PM

Since you don't want too much power just get the HF manifold and put the T3 adapter on it and get a T3.
Old 11-08-2003, 12:43 PM

Default Re: New to Board...about to get a Kit ()

I did say most kits. Such as most of the HF mani setups. But back the question at hand. Has anyone seen or use this kit that I am referencing to?

btw
thanks for the link to the parts trader slashDEVslashNULL