Notices

Need some help here ..

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help here ..

ok so here is my situation, i have a ls eg hatch, was n/a for 1500 miles break in oem rebuild with some arp parts just basic build nothing big, i originally had a b16 head on it and decided to sell it and just go ls turbo so broke in the motor lsvtec then about 300 miles ago i picked up a stock 90´ LS head all i could find in town, it was pretty much unknown condition, well anyways about 3 days ago my buddy put his car back to n/a so i got his turbo kit, ebay turbo has like 1k miles on it, log mani and tial wastegate pretty basic setup im on 315cc injectors walbro 255 basics tuned on vafc hack its just my daily nothing big, so my situation is when i had this n/a (LS) for the 300 miles at cold start ups if i remember correctly it smoked barely til it warmed up (im thinking valve seals), then i put the turbo kit on etc.. everything goes good, the turbo kti was fine on my friends car i believe he smoked a little nothing bad, but after i put it on my car i notice that at cold start ups it smokes pretty bad looks like it has a blue tint to it the smoke, it would go away once it warmed up and i started driving it around, now today its gottent o the point were it smokes constantly and its pretty bad pretty embarasing lol, so im trying to figuere out what is causing it to smoke, on the cold side of the turbo there is no signs of oil, the turbo does have shaft play up and down and in and out now.... so the reason i think my car is smoking im assuming my egay turbo seals are done etc... or my valve seals are completely ****ed lol., like i said it is blue smoke., my oil is topped off perfectly but the weird thing is it smoked all day put about 150 miles on it today smoking the whole time, and now when i parked it for the night my oil is still clear as new and topped off perfectly. what can i do to narrow it down to what is causing myc ar to smoke so bad? i checked my ic piping that connects to the cold side of the turbo and it has barely and i mean barely and signs of moisture ish with oil, at first i thought my ringlands were cracked did compression test and my numbers are 160 straight accross so thats not the issue also while the car is running i take off my oil cap and no smoke coems out ( ive cracked ringlands before on a b16 and it smoked reallly bad out the oil cap) so im positive its not rings or ringlands, any help will be appreciated. thanks for readign my novel lol
Old 09-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need some help here ..

ttt anyone any ideas????