Notices

Need some help.. boosted b18c1

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help.. boosted b18c1

Im going to try and explain this the best i can.. Basically i bought a 98 integra gsr that is turbo'd. The car sat for a while and needed to be tuned bad. The previous owner had it dyno tuned but really only for WOT.

Originally the car had a bullseye programmer for tuning. But, i do not have the software, nor does anyone around here to tune with that program. So i ordered a P28 ECU, OBD2a-OBD1 conversion harness, and chip kit to run and tune with Crome instead. Decided on Crome because my good buddy already has crome software, and expiereince with it. The integra did not have a wideband at the time, only a narrow band so right away i bought and installed the wide band.

Ever since the installation of the wide band, for some reason my power doors and locks would not work, as well as the sidewinder car alarm would no longer lock my doors. I can't see how that would of been from the wideband install because i never had to cut wires, or tie any of the wide band wires into the car alarm, or anything.

2 days ago, we removed the bullseye program and hooked in the conversion harness and ecu. hooked the lap top up and went to start the car.... well it wouldnt start. Sometimes it would stutter for about 10-15 seconds then die. Tryed adding more fuel, and everything as well.. nothing. Car cranks and cranks but will not start.. i can't see why this would happen after we removed the old bullseye program.

Does the power door locks for security reasons have anything to do with this? Do i need to convert my distributor as well to OBD1? Does anyone have any clue of what could be wrong?

QUICK SUMMARY: Installed wide band, power doors locks/car alarm lock will not work, took out bullseye program kit, hooked in conversion harness and p28 ecu, car will not start.

Last edited by honda_coupe; 07-05-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need some help.. boosted b18c1

Are you getting spark? as far as why all your stuff quit working... maybe you blew a fuse? where did you get the power from for your WBo2?