Notices

need help whats the difference between a nitrous wet shot and a dry shot?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help whats the difference between a nitrous wet shot and a dry shot?

what would be the best for my ls vtec motor a wet or dry nitrous kit? also whats the difference between the 2?
Old 09-18-2005, 06:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

without a doubt a wet shot. Wet shot is with fuel, and dry is without. Atleast that is what I get out of it.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (93turbo16)

Dry shot is a system that the nitrous system will inject only nitrous in your motor and your ECU/Injectors will supply the needed fuel .

Wet system is a system that the nitrous system will inject fuel and nitrous . this is a much safer and is less complicated than the Dry system. So in short words , yes the Wet system is the best kit to get .

There is many things to learn before using nitrous on your car , please do some searching first on the search button here on Honda-Tech

Good Luck

Old 09-18-2005, 09:21 PM

Default Re: (Marlon88)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Marlon88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dry shot is a system that the nitrous system will inject only nitrous in your motor and your ECU/Injectors will supply the needed fuel .

Wet system is a system that the nitrous system will inject fuel and nitrous . this is a much safer and is less complicated than the Dry system. So in short words , yes the Wet system is the best kit to get .

There is many things to learn before using nitrous on your car , please do some searching first on the search button here on Honda-Tech

Good Luck
very very true.!!! understand what ur doing and upgrade what u need to upgrade to use if anything. i,ve seen and read about so many people blowing there motor w/nitrous. but good luck
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dc2ls-t)

At least someone other than me knows something about nitrous on H-T.

&lt;---the guru. (self proclaimed)

But you'll see why
Old 09-19-2005, 05:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Marlon88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wet system is a system that the nitrous system will inject fuel and nitrous . this is a much safer and is less complicated than the Dry system. So in short words , yes the Wet system is the best kit to get .</TD></TR></TABLE>
that's the only part I disagree with - a dry system is less complicated just because there are no fuel lines or jets to run & install

but I agree with you, wet &gt; dry any day.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (notoriousB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by notoriousB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
that's the only part I disagree with - a dry system is less complicated just because there are no fuel lines or jets to run & install

but I agree with you, wet &gt; dry any day.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well in a dry system what about all those relays and wires hooked up to your ECU so when the nitrous injects the ECU will supply the needed fuel from the fuel injectors.

Just see a pic of a dry system and see a pic of a wet system and you figure out wich one is the most complicated

To me an extra 2 fuel lines and a solenoid is not more complicated than all the stuff needed to hook up a dry system . even to upgrade to a bigger shot , all you need to do is change the jets only.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:45 PM

The major difference between a dry and wet kit is the way fuel is delivered when using the nitrous.

I'm not sure how all dry kits work, but I do know how Zex does....

For the Zex dry kit, when the solenoid is opened for nitrous delivery to the intake, positive pressure is placed on the fpr vac line by the bottle pressure. Because the stock fpr is a 1:1 ratio, fuel pressure is increases when the vac line is under pressure. The fuel injectors flow more fuel at higher fuel line pressure. That's how the fuel enrichment works.

For a wet kit, an additional fuel line is used which has it's own jet and solenoid separate from the nitrous line.

Despite what most say, a dry kit is better for most fuel injected NA vehicles. Since fuel is heavier than air and nitrous, the fuel will be biased to flow into certain cylinders than others causing an uneven fuel ratio though out all cylinders.

I recommend you get a dry kit for ease of installation and safer operation. What ever kit you use, you have to tune to make sure your fuel ratios are in check. I would also recommend you installing a WB considering how cheap they are these days.