Notices

need help w/ engine rebuild... want boost!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help w/ engine rebuild... want boost!!!

Hey everyone,

Im the new guy here so i just wanted to say whats up and ask you guys who definately know alot more than me about honda motors a couple questions. first, i purchased a 1996 honda civic hx a couple months ago. the car was in very good condition. never been in a accident and the paint was still very well maintained(red). this has been sort of a project car for me but its also definately on a budget. i first started on its appearence. i upgraded to a coilover setup for my suspension and shoved in 17 inch polished alluminum wheels. next i added and full buddy club body kit. then came a new set of taillights. i then met up with a guys who does custom interior work and had him redo my front/rear seats, doorpanels, center consoul, and roof to a black and red carbon fiber fabric theme .... and for the past week ive been putting in little accents like a chrome valve cover and a new momo shiftknob. but what im planing on doin soon is upgrade to turbo... this is where i really need your help. my 2door civic has the stock sohc vtech motor in it with the 5speed manual trans.. the motor has 116,000 miles and i wanna rebuild the motor to be able to handle the boost coming from the turbo.. im hoping to put about 10-14 pounds of boost so i was just wondering from you guys what exactly i would need to do with this motor in order to have her feeling new again and ready to handle the boost... any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanx...