Notices

Need help with a good turbo setup!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with a good turbo setup!!

What up HT. First off I want to start by saying I have already searched and have been researching for some time now. So please don't come with any negative comments. I'm tryin to make this new experience positive. I currently use my eg hatch for DD, track and strip. I has a built b20 vtec in it. I also have a 2004 maxima that I drive most of the time but just like to drive my civic. But back on topic. I was at Willow Springs a few weeks ago and was running horse thief. I was fast and could hold my own with the other all motor cars but most of all the turboed cars kept passing me. I know them having more hp has a lot to do with it. DUH!!!! Lol. But I am now convince to turbo charge my motor. I have a ls vtec I have been putting together and was gonna use thatas the donor. Some questions I have are. Whats some good rod and piston setups for turbo and what some of the advantages of having a top mount turbo compared to a regular setup? Also I'm not to familiar with the sizing of turbo for spooling. I know I want something to spool fast and makes big power for when im at the strip and also the track when I'm coming out of turns. Also I see there are 2 and 3 stage boost setups so I don't have that wheel hop problem that all hondas have when we add more power. What's some good electronics to get for all 3 aspects of my driving. Tunability is very important to me and money isn't so much of a problem. So please help. If I have left anything out I will answer it.

Oh yeah I have a friend who tracks with me and he has a 600hp+ TC that makes mle look stupid on a 1/4 mile dig. But I beat he bad on and 1/8th mile dig. I want revenge and very tired of hearin him talk **** about how hondas are old news and could never keep up with him. Thanks
Old 06-26-2009, 10:27 AM
official honda whore

Default Re: Need help with a good turbo setup!!

get a full-race stage 1 or 2 gt kit (choose depending on hp goals) and get everything ceramic coated, i would get a 30r kit for all around power, or a gt2871 for mostly track racing

for doing track style racing you will need to have a really good fan/radiator cooling setup also so dont forget that part of it

eagle rod/cp pistons 81.5mm bore

and get tuned with neptune/ectune/hondata s300 so you can controll the boost by gear x rpm... and if you plan on doing all those i would go with the s300 or neptune demon so you can fine tune the boost yourself at the tracks to better suite whatever kind of track you are at
Old 06-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's exactly what I was lookin g for. I have the block resleeved to 83 mm from GE. I currently have a fluidyne triple core and a 12" spal fan and electical water pump. I'm gonna be running my car on the streets some times too. Is this kit gonna effect the attention I'm gonna get from cops and thiefs
Old 06-26-2009, 01:52 PM
official honda whore

what radiator do you have, the one for a civic or integra, the bigger (triple core) rads sometime run into clearance issues with downpipes etc

i would call the guys up at full-race and see what they recommend for ya
Old 06-26-2009, 02:17 PM

Full race it definately good to go with, and peak boost also makes a good kit. I ran JE pistons and Crower Pro-Billet rods in my Turbo teg and never had any problems. Putting together a simple drag style kit with a cast manifold is also a good way to go if you aren't trying to spend buku bucks. What is your budget and goals?

Ohh and listen to earl for sure, his teg was pretty sick from what I saw of it
Old 06-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the half core. I figured that would be good plus it was the direct replacement. Does full race have a website. So I can check it out before I call. I don't want to be in the dark before I talk to then. Have you ever heard of the cunningham ultra lite rods or the crower maxi lite. I was told from the omniman that these are the most superior rods for a build. Do you think they would benefit me in my turbo build. Or should I get something a little less costly and with the same durablity?