Notices

Need help, With FI decision... Not sure if i sell what i have and leave it stock...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 12:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help, With FI decision... Not sure if i sell what i have and leave it stock...

Alright guys, I need your help making a final decision and conclusion as to what I should do...

I have invested so much money into my car, and now i'm realizing that it's not really worth it. I'm somewhat getting tired of putting so much money into this hobby... What's pushing me to finish this turbo project is that if i don;t, then i feel that I have half assed myself b/c i am 85% complete and now im letting go...

I've reasoned with myself as to why I want to turbo my car and not leave it stock, the only answer that i could come up with is that, it has always been something that I intended to do in the beginning...

If I follow thru with completing the turbo kit I will be spending a total of 4k, if i stop now then I have spent a total of 1800 which I can cut my losses and sell what I have...

I;m not too sure what I want to do, I have priorities set up in life now that I really need to take care of, but then again I don;t want to let go and not finish it...

advices and suggestions are really appreciated...

just in case your wondering what i have done to my car for teh past 3.5 years...

here's a link: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=430506

What I currently have are these:

Tial WG
HKS SSQ BOV
Vortech 12:1 FMU
Turbonetics T3/TO4? Turbo
Fmax Manifold
Fmax IC
Fmax DP

I have created a parts list of what I need to complete the project and it just seems like it'll never be finished...

Piping
Missing Link
Walbro Fuel Pump
RC Injectors
Hondata
Tuning
AVCR
Guages
BOV Flange
Nuts, Bolts, Clamps
Oil Return/Feed Kit

By the way, it's a 96 JDM ITR motor that I will be boostin if I can make up my mind and decide what to do...

Sorry for the long post, but I would like to get your opinion as to what I should do... Shoudl I quit now? or should i just finish it up...

Old 06-17-2003, 01:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

do it man... you're not that far away... perhaps skimp a little... go down to a profec instead of the avcr.... and you don't need a missing link with hondata... things like that.
Old 06-17-2003, 05:40 AM

Default Re: (pissedoffsol)

once you frive your car with boost you willl never be happy driving a NA car again. atleast that is the way I am. I could not stand to not have the boost. it is an addiction. try to find somebody you know that has a turbo car and ask him if you can drive it. that should make up your mind
Old 06-17-2003, 06:47 AM

Default Re: (intercooledJRSC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by intercooledJRSC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">once you frive your car with boost you willl never be happy driving a NA car again.....it is an addiction. </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is very true. So don't jump into it if you can't afford it. I was in my thirties with a house and a good job before I started spending the money to boost. If I had started when I was younger I would have been in massive debt and missed out on a lot of great experiences (concerts, ski trips, beach time, drugs, alcohol, et cetera). Boosting is a lot of fun, but if you can't afford it it will drag you down quickly.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fredtoast)

thx, but considering how much i more i have to go in order to complete the kit, can anyone tell what i can drop from the list and still be able to run the turbo safely?

i didnt realize that if i go with hondata a missing link is not necessary. thx guys...