Notices

need help with Compresor map reading

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with Compresor map reading

I have a d16z6 all stock and i have a ihi from a t-bird turbo. this turbo is bigger then the mx6/probe but from my reading it is smaller then the t3 on the early tbirds. i did find a compressor map for it but i have no idea how to make sence of it.

Judging just from apperance this should be a great turbo for my DD needs and mabye even get near the 200whp mark.....mabye

http://www.njsr.org/pics/albums/user...ssor%20map.jpg

what do the pros think, oh and it was a freebie. And thats my budget right now
thanks
Old 04-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help with Compresor map reading

That compressor map is not for that turbo. That compressor map is for a turbo barely flows 10lb/min. That means the turbo would only be suitable for someone looking to make about 100hp. Basically it belongs on a Smart Car or something like it.

The T-bird turbo has to flow at least 20lb/min. I'll let you know now, unless you have tools or friends with tools(welders, saws, ect ect ect) sometimes picking a free oddball turbo over a $150 T3 will end up costing you $300 in the end due to special parts/time/labor. I'm a big advocate of doing DIY cheap setups on $2000 cars, but at the same time, using a free turbo when every other part in the setup will have to be custom made can be costly unless you have the skills to make it work.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help with Compresor map reading

\this on has a downpipe and is already bolted to an hf manifold with adapters and what not, so no more money is really needed. Thanks for the input.

i found alot of info on mx6.com as this turbo is a very popular upgrade from the prob/mx6 turbo.

If i make 180 i will be happy , if i want more ill have to save my dollards up.

thanks