Notices

need help with building a z6 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with building a z6 turbo

finally decided on which motor to do and chose the d16z6 since its an si and i own an si hatchback. i would like to know some build procedures and lists if anyone can help me to choose the right parts to build the car to 500whp is my max i dont want it more then that. and i'd like to keep it a daily driver please help any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:52 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: need help with building a z6 turbo

If you have to ask how to build a 500 horsepower car then you're not ready to build a 500 horsepower car. Do more research other than asking how to do it. How'd you even figure on 500 for horsepower? Do you think 500 HP is even streetable?
Old 04-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i did research i even have a list of parts that i wrote down and what turbo to use i'd like some more input though in how to make it more efficiant i even talked to a guy who built his to 500whp and he has 1000cc injectors but the shop i went to said that 750cc injectors would work fine. so i did alot of digging i just want more info on it before i actually start. i've been digging about this for about 2-3 months even talked to bisimoto about the build. so i decided to join this forum and ask u guys. but telling me to do more research without asking what i already know isnt really helping. i asked for help not criticism
Old 04-02-2011, 06:00 PM
The Grumpiest

Even better. Do you honestly think you can squeeze 500 hp out of a D-Series engine? I almost spit out my drink when I realized you said that.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
If you have to ask how to build a 500 horsepower car then you're not ready to build a 500 horsepower car. Do more research other than asking how to do it. How'd you even figure on 500 for horsepower? Do you think 500 HP is even streetable?
how do i figure cause of the injectors and how much gas it would eat if it was above 500
Old 04-02-2011, 06:02 PM
The Grumpiest

Originally Posted by bullit21
yeah i did research i even have a list of parts that i wrote down and what turbo to use i'd like some more input though in how to make it more efficiant i even talked to a guy who built his to 500whp and he has 1000cc injectors but the shop i went to said that 750cc injectors would work fine. so i did alot of digging i just want more info on it before i actually start. i've been digging about this for about 2-3 months even talked to bisimoto about the build. so i decided to join this forum and ask u guys. but telling me to do more research without asking what i already know isnt really helping. i asked for help not criticism

How about telling us what you DO know when you post? As it stands right now you are coming across as a straight noob. Like I said. If you have to ask at this point you aren't ready. Go check in the Forced Induction forum and they'll tell you the same thing. Better to have Bisi build it for you because YOU aren't getting that kind of power out of it.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Even better. Do you honestly think you can squeeze 500 hp out of a D-Series engine? I almost spit out my drink when I realized you said that.
yeah i do i talked to people who owned a 500hp d series and own one and build them for a living.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:04 PM
The Grumpiest

And you're NOT going to daily drive a 500 horsepower D. No way in hell. Especially if you've never driven one.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:06 PM
The Grumpiest

yeah i do i talked to people who owned a 500hp d series and own one and build them for a living.
Then have them help you out. If I had that kind of resource I would NOT be asking strangers on a forum. Also if you knew how they built theirs then use their builds as a guide.

Your first apparent build and you're trying ti build a race car for street driving? Doesn't sound realistic to me.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:09 PM
The Grumpiest

Shop i'm at told me to use 70mm throttle body and port flow the skunk2 manifold to match the throttle body for more power. what do u think? what size turbo u gonna be running? shop i was at told me to go with garret or turbonetics bb turbo with twin scroll. what do u think?
Here.

You don't even know if port matching a TB is gonna net you more power or not. Aaaaaand you don't even know what turbo you're going to run. Sounds like sound research to me.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How about telling us what you DO know when you post? As it stands right now you are coming across as a straight noob. Like I said. If you have to ask at this point you aren't ready. Go check in the Forced Induction forum and they'll tell you the same thing. Better to have Bisi build it for you because YOU aren't getting that kind of power out of it.
no i'm good without bizi building it for me

what i wanna do is
crower valve springs and retainers plus valve guides
port and polish with a 3 angle valve job
then make the valves one size bigger
with a crower forced induction camshaft and an aem camgear
then i was told to run a skunk2 intake manifold and a 72mm throttle body and do a match flow on it
aem fuel rail with regulator
rc 750cc injectors
walboro 255lph feul pump
resleeve the block with darton sleeves and bore it out .2 over
use arias pistons and rings
micropolish and balance the the stock crank
eagle rods. acl bearings
arp head studs
gt-k 500 turbonetics turbo
s300 ecu
Old 04-02-2011, 06:13 PM
The Grumpiest

Yeah. Good luck with that. Should have posted this from the start. Still doubtful this is anything but a window shopping list. 500 daily driver. You make me laugh.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here.

You don't even know if port matching a TB is gonna net you more power or not. Aaaaaand you don't even know what turbo you're going to run. Sounds like sound research to me.
i was asking him what he thought about it not if it would or not. i know which turbo i wanna get i wanted to see what his opinion on which one was better smart guy
Old 04-02-2011, 06:17 PM
The Grumpiest

I ask one more time. Do you actually believe you are going to run 500HP as a daily driver? Show me anyone that is ACTUALLY doing that. 300-350 is more than enough for the street.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

at the beginning of the post i stated 500hp max didnt state that i was gonna do 500.... wow read man. first of all second of all no ur right i'm gonna have a low boost and high boost tune on it i'm hoping to get it tuned to 325 or 350 on the street and whenever i come across a car i cant beat theres high boost to whichever hp range NO MORE THEN 500hp
Old 04-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

posting up again. i wanna know and hear from people who have done a 500hp d series or close to 500hp it can be a 400hp single cam build on the parts they used and things they did to the head and block. i dont wanna hear from a person who doesnt even think 500 is possible on a d series. or wants to criticize me for what i wanna do and be an idiot on the post cause he thinks i wont do it or afford it not know me or what i can and cannot do so please anyone who knows anything and has done the build or is doing a build have any suggestions or comments bout how i wanna do it to help me not criticize me thanks. the list was posted earlier on what i have in mind for the motor if u think theres stuff missing or that can be changed for better parts let me know. thanks
Old 04-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Then have them help you out. If I had that kind of resource I would NOT be asking strangers on a forum. Also if you knew how they built theirs then use their builds as a guide.

Your first apparent build and you're trying ti build a race car for street driving? Doesn't sound realistic to me.
they are helping me out i'm just looking for more insight on the build from more people to see the different ways people have built it and which parts have been used more often and broke or not broke etc. and no i'm not building a race car its gonna be built for my enjoyment so what if its fast? and so what if its a race car? i have set my goal and i'm going for it.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Foremost... What is your budget?
Old 04-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm hoping not to go past 10k but if needed be i will if its more efficient in the long run
Old 04-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if u have that kind of money... just talk to bisi and have him do it..
Old 04-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i want the experiance in building it myself and to gain the knowledge of it and actually the thrill of doing it and when its done being able to say i built it not lie about it and be like yeah i built it and in all reallity all i did was pay some guy to do it. i want the experiance i love working on cars but i dont have alot of experiance in building them to go faster just to repair simple things
Old 04-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah i got you. Well before you buy any parts... Buy some damn fine micrometers and bore guages. And read up on blue printing engines and checking bearing clearances. etc etc. Just get a grasp of what the ENTIRE process entails. Its fairly intimidating man haha
Old 04-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have micrometers and all that stuff. went to school for machinist so had to get all the machining tools lol. the one thing i probably wont do myself is the machining part because i dont own the machines but i know the procedure. but like installing the pistons, rods, bearings, camshaft, springs, retainers etc i wanna do myself. one thing i'd love to learn is how to do dyno tunning
Old 04-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here again is my list of what i wanna do to get there

what i wanna do is
crower valve springs and retainers plus valve guides
port and polish with a 3 angle valve job
then make the valves one size bigger
with a crower forced induction camshaft and an aem camgear
then i was told to run a skunk2 intake manifold and a 72mm throttle body and do a match flow on it
aem fuel rail with regulator
rc 750cc injectors
walboro 255lph feul pump
resleeve the block with darton sleeves and bore it out .2 over
use arias pistons and rings
micropolish and balance the the stock crank
eagle rods. acl bearings
arp head studs
gt-k 500 turbonetics turbo
s300 ecu
koyo radiator

if i'm missing something let me know
Old 04-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if i'm missing something let me know
you won't make 500hp on 750cc injectors. 750cc injectors are ideally sized for 350whp which by the way is a much more realistic and streetable goal with a d16

use the calculator at http://www.fuelinjectorconnection.co...widercalc.html

to select your proper size

if you really are going to push the HP it's almost cheaper to use a b18c since you won't need to do cams, gears or really any head work. bottom end parts cost similar so if you're going to buy the swap, it might be cheaper and more powerful to step it up

Quick Reply: need help with building a z6 turbo