Notices

Need help badly...Almost done my ls-t project

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help badly...Almost done my ls-t project

I just finished installing a drag kit onto my 97 Integra. I just installed a basemap on a p05 today, as well as a coversion harness and Im having a few wierd problems.

1. When the car is cold and I start it up, it makes a wierd hissing sound from the back of the motor near the charcole canister/underneath the intake manifold. For some reason however, the car warms up, and it sounds like something turns on and the sound goes away?

2. I just installed a brand new aftermarket distributor, and it sounds as if the main bearing is seizing already? Im getting a tdc sensor code as well (code 8), and the car takes a couple turns to get it started. Im having a hard time trying to set the timing because the 16 degree marker keeps jumping around?

Id appreciate any help. Ive worked my *** of to get the car runing, and I hate runing into snags like this. Cheers.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Need help badly...Almost done my ls-t project (g2man)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by g2man &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
1. When the car is cold and I start it up, it makes a wierd hissing sound from the back of the motor near the charcole canister/underneath the intake manifold. For some reason however, the car warms up, and it sounds like something turns on and the sound goes away?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like the IACV closing

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by g2man &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
2. I just installed a brand new aftermarket distributor, and it sounds as if the main bearing is seizing already? Im getting a tdc sensor code as well (code 8), and the car takes a couple turns to get it started. Im having a hard time trying to set the timing because the 16 degree marker keeps jumping around?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like a bad distributor

Modified by 90blackcrx at 12:11 AM 6/8/2006