Old 09-18-2013, 02:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Turbo & Manifold headers

Hi ,

Soon , I will finish my turbo project 500 hp for street race
b16a / b18b
I use Cp piston 9.0 + DI 1000 cc + skunk 2 pro 1 cams etc
and full inernal and external part with stock crank and sleeves .

about turbo , precision 6266 ball bearing is best ? and what suggest for me

and give me name of manifold headers with a/c which is best , and which company should I use without craking _ Ramhorn is great 4 me ?

Thanx ..
Old 09-18-2013, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Turbo & Manifold headers

Lol at username.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol at "headers"
Old 09-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't even....
Old 09-19-2013, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

who will it be tuned by?
ask your tuner for advice.... that's a start.

good luck
Old 09-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

We need more details about your build. Like a complete and detailed spec listing of everything done to the motor, head, and transmission. Plus the fuel system and engine management being used

What turbo are you considering? There are numerous manifold options from numerous companies. Selection all comes down to personal preferences when buying a manifold... everyone has there favorite company and manifold style. Doesn't mean that the manifold is proper for the setup being used

The longer the runners on the turbo manifold the more the exhaust gasses slow and cool down. Two things that make a turbo have more lag. Ceramic coating and heat wrap can combat that and increase response but for your goals a decent cast manifold will be fine and allow you to keep ac, not to mention being very durable... there's very little chance you'll crack a cast manifold

Look for an inline pro manifold. They are by far the best cast manifold on the market. Or you could go with a SPA turbo cast top mount manifold.

From your brief description I'm assuming you're building an lsvtec? If so 500 will be simple (assuming your build uses all quality parts and you have a good tuner)

I would honestly avoid a ramhorn and stick with an inline pro or spa cast top mount. You'll have much better response and since your goal is to street race the car you want to start making power as soon as possible.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:17 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by wantboost
We need more details about your build. Like a complete and detailed spec listing of everything done to the motor, head, and transmission. Plus the fuel system and engine management being used

What turbo are you considering? There are numerous manifold options from numerous companies. Selection all comes down to personal preferences when buying a manifold... everyone has there favorite company and manifold style. Doesn't mean that the manifold is proper for the setup being used

The longer the runners on the turbo manifold the more the exhaust gasses slow and cool down. Two things that make a turbo have more lag. Ceramic coating and heat wrap can combat that and increase response but for your goals a decent cast manifold will be fine and allow you to keep ac, not to mention being very durable... there's very little chance you'll crack a cast manifold

Look for an inline pro manifold. They are by far the best cast manifold on the market. Or you could go with a SPA turbo cast top mount manifold.

From your brief description I'm assuming you're building an lsvtec? If so 500 will be simple (assuming your build uses all quality parts and you have a good tuner)

I would honestly avoid a ramhorn and stick with an inline pro or spa cast top mount. You'll have much better response and since your goal is to street race the car you want to start making power as soon as possible.
And I say, get a quick 4 or equal length "shorty" and avoid the SPA special parts and limitations of the Inline Pro manifold (only 5 bolt turbines are used on the more popular manifolds) and go from there.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:59 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Yea that would be a good option as well. I don't pay much attention to precision anymore so I don't know what turbine housings they use. It was simply a generalization based on his vague info
Old 09-19-2013, 06:00 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Also what turbine inlet flange? T3, T4?