Notices

My stock block LST project!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: My stock block LST project!

Seems like a lot of smoke on decel. Are the rings still healthy on that motor?
Old 07-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cruizinmax
Seems like a lot of smoke on decel. Are the rings still healthy on that motor?
Maybe, maybe not. One thing I have neglected to disclose is that this engine is more than likely over 300,000 miles. I obtained this engine in my EG hatch a few years ago. It had a rough idle and I compression tested it then and compression was good. I adjusted the valve clearance and my rough idle quit. The engine was pulled from an integra sedan at 250,000 miles then put in the EG. My EG was hit by a drunk driver, and i bought the car back for 400$ and ended up putting it in this car. It didn't consume oil prior to boost. I wanted to see what it could do!

Old 07-10-2012, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 07-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

269 hp huh...at 16 deg timing? I did a partial street tune on my stock LST which was very conservative (rich) and rolled onto a diesel truck dyno because they were doing a promotional deal and it was only $30, and at 10.7 psi and 20 deg timing i think, it was only 240 hp, granted at the time my Afr's were dipping into the tens and he only took it to 6200 rpm, but with the ramhorn mani and a precision 6262s i was expecting a little more than that...oh yea and there was no fan blowing over the intercooler. to point out the obvious duh a dyno tune would be best, but I am waiting to put my built long block in then get it dyno tuned
Old 07-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by stowne78
269 hp huh...at 16 deg timing? I did a partial street tune on my stock LST which was very conservative (rich) and rolled onto a diesel truck dyno because they were doing a promotional deal and it was only $30, and at 10.7 psi and 20 deg timing i think, it was only 240 hp, granted at the time my Afr's were dipping into the tens and he only took it to 6200 rpm, but with the ramhorn mani and a precision 6262s i was expecting a little more than that...oh yea and there was no fan blowing over the intercooler. to point out the obvious duh a dyno tune would be best, but I am waiting to put my built long block in then get it dyno tuned
It was at 11.5:1 A/F..... I sure you would gain from just leaning it out a bit. You would also gain from spinning it to stock redline. I would push that stock block more before you put the built block in....just to see what it can do. You could easily get more out of it!
Old 07-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol yea I'm sure I could, but I still need to buy a new MAF sensor to crank up the boost, and this car is also my daily driver so can't go to crazy off a street tune. I am going to do some spark plug tuning today before going to the track on saturday, maybe i can eek out some more power lol
Old 07-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

B series dont have MAF sensors they have a MAP sensor though.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nealnanoHX
Sorry thats what I meant, I thought that sounded funny when I wrote it lol.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry thats what I meant, I thought that sounded funny when I wrote it lol.
If you knew what your were talking about then MAF would have never popped in your head
Old 07-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol yea I'm sure I could, but I still need to buy a new MAF sensor to crank up the boost, and this car is also my daily driver so can't go to crazy off a street tune. I am going to do some spark plug tuning today before going to the track on saturday, maybe i can eek out some more power lol

Buy a daily...I drive a 93 CB7 auto for daily purposes. With project cars its too easy to run into problems waiting on parts, or something breaking. I dont know what I would do without my daily. a 1200$ car pays itself off pretty quick!

Originally Posted by nealnanoHX
Its funny that you say that because anyone who is used to seeing MAF sensors on cars always seems to think that honda owners remove them. I was fighting a code 43 on my girls DA. Its funny because its a very generic code. Honda trouble shooting shows possibilites in a chart narrowing choices down by symtom. O2 sensor, ECT, MAP, Fuel pressure regulator, any one of the injectors, vacuum leak. Mechanical timing was not listed and thats what it ended up being. I never suspected it because it wasn't on the trouble shooting chart. I hadn't figured it out, she took it to a local shade tree mechanic and that is what they told her, " you are missing a MAF sensor " I laughed so hard!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by per4mance
If you knew what your were talking about then MAF would have never popped in your head
Or i have been helping my friend with his Mitsubishi a lot lately...that on top of a crazy day at work a mixup is possible even though i do know what I'm talking about. But excuse me I forgot you know whats going on in my head better than i do
Old 07-15-2012, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

NIce dude LsT with a ls engine over 250K goes to show honda engines can take a beating. Also i read before what are web cams? and regrind them? haha.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i got a 95 teg with lst right i had it dyno tuned here and at 10.2 psi i made 249hp/227tq @ 6500 stock head and block 173k. doesn't smoke or leak yet so im pleased. should be going to the new crazy setup soon. will post some more numbers.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by teggyluva90
NIce dude LsT with a ls engine over 250K goes to show honda engines can take a beating. Also i read before what are web cams? and regrind them? haha.
Thanks. Web is the company. They do alot of cam regrinds. That is who Bisi uses.

Originally Posted by 4doorGSR2.0
i got a 95 teg with lst right i had it dyno tuned here and at 10.2 psi i made 249hp/227tq @ 6500 stock head and block 173k. doesn't smoke or leak yet so im pleased. should be going to the new crazy setup soon. will post some more numbers.
Must be a big turbo or really agressive ignition timing.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Havent posted in this thread for quite a while. Its still running great. Getting some new parts for the car. Putting some new CV axles in it. Gotta love lifetime warranty! Got some coil overs on the way because i need to raise the car. Currently getting the car ready for the street. When August comes i should be ready for IFO!

Old 03-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For real
Old 03-16-2013, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the smoke is probably the turbo they smoke like hell. build came along great so far..looks like you went alll new parts...woulda been costly
Old 03-21-2013, 12:06 PM
I took way too long

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems like it would be a fun hatch. Nice job. Some slicks, yeah?? Get that thing out to the track for some test and tune runs and post up!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well it look like the car will be getting tore down for a bit. I put in new cv axles thinking that is what my problem was, (they did need replacing anyway) but it didn't fix my problem. I have a loud popping noise when turning right. I drained the trans oil, it didnt look to bad. Stuck my magnet in the drain hole of the case and pulled out some metal. Gonna have to tear apart my transmission and see what is wrong, although i'm guessing i already know the problem. Pretty sure the gears in the lsd are damaged. After some research I really wish I would have got the MFactory diff. Getting a LS trans to hold me over until my gsr trans is repaired. Looks like the GSR trans is going to have an LS 5th gear in it as well. Really hoping that the first time i hit the track this year it won't be on an open diff!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol i read the whole thread again n forgot about this build. first thing i noted was hopefully he doesnt have issues with that obx diff in there no one trusts those.

vids of the beast in action next !
Old 03-31-2013, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SiRCiviC94
lol i read the whole thread again n forgot about this build. first thing i noted was hopefully he doesnt have issues with that obx diff in there no one trusts those.

vids of the beast in action next !

This is with the GSR trans & OBX LSD( i was hearing the noise and figured itwas just the passenger side cx axle. but it got worse since then and now acts up when makeing slight turns on the highway) Makes me wonder how it would feel on a open diff.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice little pull i miss my boost
Old 03-31-2013, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I miss small turboness
Old 04-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Put in a LS transmission today....was supposed to be a GSR trans, went to put a ls 5th gear in it bedfore i put it in the car....noticed the gears were the same...and decided to calculate the rest of the gears only to find out it was an LS trans.... oh well. I can say its is nice to have more mph i 3rd gear. I also disassembled my GSR trans....Obviously OBX doesnt chew big red.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I'm working on getting the car ready for IFO. I Fixed the GSR trans. It now has a ITR diff, and a Ls 5th gear. I put the trans back in the car today, test drive went great. Its nice not going spin crazy like before with the open diff ls trans. I still have to raise the car to clear the slicks, do an alignment, and get my slicks balanced. Really looking forward to putting it on the track!

Quick Reply: My stock block LST project!