Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel

Gearbox:
Civic SI Trans
short shifter
Stock Exedy Clutch

Fuel:
Wallbro 255
450cc DSM injectors
Chipped p28 with Base map (thanks Phearble)

Turbo system:
Garret T25 ..really not sure exactly which model just says m-24 a/r.80. pushes 7 lbs. any info on this would be great

side mount stealth inter cooler
2" charge pipes
Blitz BOV
2.25 exhaust piping
Dynomax turbo muffler

Some Notes about This:
No Power Steering or A/C

compression at about 10:1

Last edited by 2kdrift; 08-21-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: MY mini ME projekt

i have a set up close to your.. but my head is from bullfrog and i have a skunk2 mani..

ARP headstuds are a must as well as a honda hg..

btw i made 280whp and 220tq on 14lbs
Old 08-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by doggworld1233
i have a set up close to your.. but my head is from bullfrog and i have a skunk2 mani..

ARP headstuds are a must as well as a honda hg..

btw i made 280whp and 220tq on 14lbs
hmm cool post bro, nice yea i wanted to buy a head from bull frog back in the day but they arnet cheap ....but i think taht stock bolts will be fine for 7 lbs?

i have stock bolts on my d15z1 same boost
Old 08-11-2010, 02:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stock bolts have been used before but why risk head lift. IMO spend the 100 bucks or whatever they cost now for the ARP's and boost that thing to 10.5 psi with that baby turbo though your clutch may fail then

good build though, i'm going to be doing something similar on my sister's car next year
Old 08-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ARP studs are a must for forced induction. Chances are your gonna wanna up the boost at some point so why buy a new gasket twice? You can find them used for 50 bucks. You cant beat that for engine insurance imo.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boostedeg302
ARP studs are a must for forced induction. Chances are your gonna wanna up the boost at some point so why buy a new gasket twice? You can find them used for 50 bucks. You cant beat that for engine insurance imo.
k you guys convince me i will use Arp's but i dont plan on going past 7 Lbs anyway this is definitely a Daily Driver

@ doggwolrd which head /block did u use?

Last edited by 2kdrift; 08-13-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this is a good build its giving me ideas and making me want to boost my sohc ZC with D16Z6 head
Old 08-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Need_jdm
this is a good build its giving me ideas and making me want to boost my sohc ZC with D16Z6 head
you should man, the OP is gonna be expecting a good 200whp on a build like this and will be a sick street car with a turbo like that, on short races he'd beat up on some higher powered car with bigger turbos just because of his almost absent turbo lag....oh i want to mention also 200whp reliably
Old 08-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Nichelson_Performance
you should man, the OP is gonna be expecting a good 200whp on a build like this and will be a sick street car with a turbo like that, on short races he'd beat up on some higher powered car with bigger turbos just because of his almost absent turbo lag....oh i want to mention also 200whp reliably

thanks bro some very good points. i agree i think d series is way overrated, ppl tlk about horsepower. you could lose a quarter mile race to someone with far less hp. i shud be able to kill b series. its all about powerband.that t25 spools fast though build boost at about 2.5 k. i may run a bigger turbo, since im going back to my z1 block. theres a t3 for sale locally i can get at a good price
Old 08-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by camdizawg
thanks bro some very good points. i agree i think d series is way overrated, ppl tlk about horsepower. you could lose a quarter mile race to someone with far less hp. i shud be able to kill b series. its all about powerband.that t25 spools fast though build boost at about 2.5 k. i may run a bigger turbo, since im going back to my z1 block. theres a t3 for sale locally i can get at a good price
well i don't think you'll kill bseries especially most steet ones that have smaller turbos also. i'm just saying that in short runs a turbo d with a nice small turbo like yours may compete with other bigger powered cars, for one cause you are going to make power quick, and two you'll be makin some ground while they are rollin the tires through 3rd....shorts races only though, I'm talkin less than a 1/4 mile. I've seen some badass bseries, they have lots of things going for them that dseries don't

don't get me wrong though, your car is gonna be fun as hell, 200whp with a turbo that spools almost instantaneously, makes for some big time fun. makes me wish i ran a small turbo when i still had stock internals. my advice is don't go any bigger than a .48 trim turbo as anything after that has a high spool time and that means you're only gonna make max power approximately from whenever your vtec crosses over until rev limited which isn't much trust me. i ran a .57trim turbo on stock internals and my car was slow as hell until it peaked 8psi

if you're gonna upgrade to a bigger turbo, i'd go with a 16g, they spool fast and make nice topend power

oh and by the way, to up your boost on that T25, all you have to do is put a boost controller in between your boost/vacuum source and the wastegate. And IMO i'd run that thing to 10-10.5psi since it's so small... (((Always remember it's not how many psi of boost you run, its the size of your turbo and the amount of volume it makes)))

have fun bro, you'll like it for a little while lol then you'll want more, that's the way it goes
Old 08-17-2010, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i don't think you'll kill bseries especially most steet ones that have smaller turbos also. i'm just saying that in short runs a turbo d with a nice small turbo like yours may compete with other bigger powered cars, for one cause you are going to make power quick, and two you'll be makin some ground while they are rollin the tires through 3rd....shorts races only though, I'm talkin less than a 1/4 mile. I've seen some badass bseries, they have lots of things going for them that dseries don't

don't get me wrong though, your car is gonna be fun as hell, 200whp with a turbo that spools almost instantaneously, makes for some big time fun. makes me wish i ran a small turbo when i still had stock internals. my advice is don't go any bigger than a .48 trim turbo as anything after that has a high spool time and that means you're only gonna make max power approximately from whenever your vtec crosses over until rev limited which isn't much trust me. i ran a .57trim turbo on stock internals and my car was slow as hell until it peaked 8psi

if you're gonna upgrade to a bigger turbo, i'd go with a 16g, they spool fast and make nice topend power

oh and by the way, to up your boost on that T25, all you have to do is put a boost controller in between your boost/vacuum source and the wastegate. And IMO i'd run that thing to 10-10.5psi since it's so small... (((Always remember it's not how many psi of boost you run, its the size of your turbo and the amount of volume it makes)))

have fun bro, you'll like it for a little while lol then you'll want more, that's the way it goes

i had this same turbo on my d15z1 so yea im kinda bored already to some point.
i meant i can kill an all motor b series which would cost just as much whee i live b series engines are 1800 +. i used one cheap *** boost controller before and that didnt work. what would you recomend for boost contorllers?

i have a garret t3 on the side that would be my other option if i want more boost

update: due to My z6 block being bad i may go with some completely different sohc combo. its gunna be a mini me no matter wut but,,,kinda leaning towards d15b7 blok/ z6 head, we will see....more to come soon

Last edited by 2kdrift; 08-17-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I use a turbosmart manual BC on my built y8 on 20psi, its the same design as the junk ebay ones but is quality built

If its a straight T3 it may be fun as long as its not the t3/t4 hybrid turbo

Def use the z6 head its the best overall vtec head for the dseries
Old 08-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I use a turbosmart manual BC on my built y8 on 20psi, its the same design as the junk ebay ones but is quality built

If its a straight T3 it may be fun as long as its not the t3/t4 hybrid turbo

Def use the z6 head its the best overall vtec head for the dseries
yups i just finally got a chance to score a z6 headso imma sell the y8 head and slap the z6 on the d15z1. compression a bit lower now but more chance for boost hehe. my other garrett is a t04b i beleive which is a regular t3. thanks you gave me some good info
Old 08-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yups i just finally got a chance to score a z6 headso imma sell the y8 head and slap the z6 on the d15z1. compression a bit lower now but more chance for boost hehe. my other garrett is a t04b i beleive which is a regular t3. thanks you gave me some good info
Yea its somewhat better for boost, single cam rods are scary lol, with lower compression you'll lose torque, not a whole lot but some.

Still an excellent build, maybe you could clean up the ports in the z6 head and help it flow......also if you have a y8 intake mani don't sell it, use it over any other dseries intakes
Old 08-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea its somewhat better for boost, single cam rods are scary lol, with lower compression you'll lose torque, not a whole lot but some.

Still an excellent build, maybe you could clean up the ports in the z6 head and help it flow......also if you have a y8 intake mani don't sell it, use it over any other dseries intakes
unfortunetly i dont have a y8 mani yet its on my list of things to get, i have a z6 mani for now. i was told a stok z6 will flow more then the ported y8. maybe i can clean it up a bit tho
Old 08-19-2010, 01:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

unfortunetly i dont have a y8 mani yet its on my list of things to get, i have a z6 mani for now. i was told a stok z6 will flow more then the ported y8. maybe i can clean it up a bit tho
yes a z6 head flows more than a y8 head...the z6 intake will work fine, just thought i'd mention about the y8 intake being better.. lots of people use either one
Old 09-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

BOoosted!!

Runs great pulls hard sorry but it will be ahwile before i can dyno this so no numbers

Parts Added:

Coolant lines for Turbo
CXRacing Triple Core Aluminum Radiator

Last edited by 2kdrift; 09-09-2010 at 11:15 PM.