Notices

My dyno result

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My dyno result

Ok so alot of you saw, or went through my build thread. Saturday was my appointment with Treblic to get tuned. I had a absolutely horrific day in which a few times I thought I would be heading back to Richmond from Nova, with an untuned car.

Appointment is at 12pm, I get there a couple minutes before, Pull off the trailer and empy the 93 out of the tank. We pull it on the dyno and immediately had little issued that had to be straightened out, after we figured all of that out we ended up having such a weak spark that the timing light wouldnt pick it up.

Then swapped my distributor with an extra I brought that ended up doing the same thing. I then drove to Advanced and bought an OE replacement and it fixed that issue.

The head then began to make a weird noise after vtec, Took the valve cover and didnt see anything out of the ordinary, then we were thinking maybe its the wear pattern on the lobes of the pro1s, Swap them out with gsr cams and it was fine.

Then the injectors were causing the car to break up after vtec and wouldnt respond to the tune at all, At idle he removed 35% fuel and it didnt even change the AFRs, I had the old school boschs, I ended up just buying some fic 1150s from him and putting those in.

Then everything was going smoothly and we began to make power, started to run out of duty cycle on the injectors so we upped the pressure on the regulator. Just to find out my noobie self wired them incorrectly, Started to blow the ACG fuse. So we were out of fuel.

Finally at 1:30 am , and three dizzys later, two sets of injectors later we landed on 595 @19psi. On 33lbs the car only made 615. So clearly there was a boost leak, we backed the car off the dyno thinking it was a bad fmic we made, and the turbo adjustment plated were laying on the roller..... I never tightened the turbo back up after putting the kit on.

I will rewire the pumps, dual spring the wastegates, pressure check and go back to Treblic probably around January and finish off the build for the 750whp I wanted.

I really want to say thank you to Treblic Tuned, and also Edge Motorsports in RVA. Also Jeff from CNC Werx. This might not sound bad but it was beyond a terrible day for me. Thanks for looking/Reading. Ill make a full build post when I get time, Ive got one in the build threads, just real choppy but you get the idea.

This is the 600hp pull.

Last edited by Snailor Built; 10-14-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: My dyno result

That intercooler is beyond huge. Wish you could get the bumper on there.

Sucks you had such a rough time. Had bad luck with everything. Injectors, dizzy, turbo, on and on. 600 HP isn't your goal, but it's still a lot.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Freemananana
That intercooler is beyond huge. Wish you could get the bumper on there.

Sucks you had such a rough time. Had bad luck with everything. Injectors, dizzy, turbo, on and on. 600 HP isn't your goal, but it's still a lot.
First intercooler we have made, I was going to use the core on my topmount, then switched to the forard facing, So I will be making a shorter/thicker intercooler over winter, I can get a 3 piece front end on it so itll be ok for a month or two. Also yes your exactly right 600 is a whole lot, when you anticipated leaving with 0.....
Old 10-14-2013, 06:30 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Lmao

Noobs gonna noob I guess.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You had a lot of mishaps but overall 600 whp is impressive to me. Be nice to see it make near your hp goals on the re-tune when it goes down.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've been there a few times. I've had a few disaster dyno days myself and know the feeling exactly. However prob some of the best sleep I've ever gotten on the following evenings lol. Setup looks good and the DP is crazy! Sure to have a blast, even with ONLY 595whp lol.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good job on nailing out all those issues... Most guys I have dealt with would already have given up after a fuel pump issue. Good job in getting all those parts swapped in and issues fixed in such a short amount of time.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by turbohatch96y7
Lmao

Noobs gonna noob I guess.
Hey bro gota start somewhere.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by crazydominicanman
You had a lot of mishaps but overall 600 whp is impressive to me. Be nice to see it make near your hp goals on the re-tune when it goes down.
600 was on a fairly low boost level as well. My turbo was still out of efficiency range and still making great power, I cant wait to fix the fuel pump wiring, and doulbe up the gates. Go back and tune on 33lbs. To be honest I thought we were heading home a few times with no result but the original 265whp pull on 6 lbs.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Kwuaymaikrup
I've been there a few times. I've had a few disaster dyno days myself and know the feeling exactly. However prob some of the best sleep I've ever gotten on the following evenings lol. Setup looks good and the DP is crazy! Sure to have a blast, even with ONLY 595whp lol.
DP is really only a side exit 4" that used to line up with the bumper before we finished that enormous intercooler. I slept like a baby all day Sunday and it was amazing, lol and yeah a couple of my friends were like must be nice to pout over 600hp. I mean its more then 3/4s the cars in my area, I just wanted 750 lol.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tony the Tiger
Good job on nailing out all those issues... Most guys I have dealt with would already have given up after a fuel pump issue. Good job in getting all those parts swapped in and issues fixed in such a short amount of time.
The most frustraing thing was having the issues while knowing at 4:30 another car was going to be there to tune and then one at 7 pm, So I really thought I was going home, Come 4:00pm we see two trailers roll up with two extremely clean cars. Side note an integra made 715 and a hatch made 450, Street car. So there was entertainment in the middle of everything. Anyways, Treblic let us rearrange his shop to put new cams in, go through a few dizzys we bought, swap axle out, clean up a bit of the wire tuck, and other dumb things, Then my buddies and I ordered pizza for everyone, hung out, and Treblic hung in there till about 1-1:30 and we called it a night. Got some Treblic shirts and decals and here we are haha. I swear I couldnt say enough nice things about this guy, his brother and his crew if I wanted too. A+++ work and CS
Old 10-15-2013, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I love that bay. That green is sickkkk.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rich7777
I love that bay. That green is sickkkk.
Thanks man, I was going to do midori, changed my mind to something custom last minute.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 30lb_EM1
Thanks man, I was going to do midori, changed my mind to something custom last minute.
It does look really good. But whats up with the radiator? Is it tilted or just the shot? And what radiator piping are you using? I need new radiator hoses all around and I have heard of a couple decent kits out there.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Some more pictures, Chris's brother took with the go-pro.

Replacing the headgasket last night

The real downpipe lol

Time to get this trans some attention before we go to Virginia Motorsports Park friday night!
Old 10-15-2013, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you have a mesh screen for the turbo?

http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/stmetuscki.html

I guess it's a race car, but it couldn't hurt.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:40 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Freemananana
Do you have a mesh screen for the turbo?

http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/stmetuscki.html

I guess it's a race car, but it couldn't hurt.
Actually, if its the wrong kind of screen it can do more harm than good. If this is strictly a drag race car, he's ok. I've seen many a screen "sucked" in and destroy an impeller when of a bad quality and not properly installed.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ill put a xenocron screen on it for a meet or something local, and there will be no boost involved.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:12 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Ill put a xenocron screen on it for a meet or something local, and there will be no boost involved.
Its still rotating my friend. Whether its in positive pressure or not. Your exhaust manifold is still making the turbine wheel past the moment of inertia.. Protect it.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Actually, if its the wrong kind of screen it can do more harm than good. If this is strictly a drag race car, he's ok. I've seen many a screen "sucked" in and destroy an impeller when of a bad quality and not properly installed.
Alright. That's what I thought. If it's only a drag car, it doesn't see the road that often. But I would still put something on there, hence the screen.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont know its a shitty situation, I will ocassionally want to drive it to a local meet, Ill have to just figure something out. Just heard to many horror stories about screens and filters being sucked up.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just pop a filter on it to drive to the meet, then pull it off before you get to many weird looks and questions
Old 10-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ballistic1350
just pop a filter on it to drive to the meet, then pull it off before you get to many weird looks and questions
Not worried about the cosmetics , more worried about it sucking it up
Old 10-15-2013, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not worried about the cosmetics , more worried about it sucking it up
Put a big ol cone filter on it?
Old 10-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

usually, the inside of those suck up easier then the screen.

Quick Reply: My dyno result