Notices

My d16 turbo, representing the HMT, only.. a little worst

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My d16 turbo, representing the HMT, only.. a little worst

I would like to share my turbo kit that honda-tech.com, homemadeturbo.com, and boosted-hybrid.com has helped me build.

11/21/04 UPDATE::
got more stuff guys!

catchcan

Simple tools. Soldering iron, air drill, drill.

Oil pan with JB weld that the tools helped make.

Intercooler JB welded to fit application and modified mounts to fit.

Lap top ready for Uberdata Tuning, PLX M-300 wideband o2 sensor from StreetRays, 1G BOV, 1G Intercooler, VX manifold with BMC adapter plate on a 2G t-25 From eagle Talon about 56k miles on the turbo , StealthMode Oil Line Kit, Moates.net BURN1 Burner with uberdata KIT, BKR7E, Roadraceengineering.com exhaust flange.

Heres the ride yo:

D16A? what the hells that.. Looks Like I got a rare one from Japan

Got Turbo? No.. haha

And of course you need this:

Thanks for looking guys

Oh and if you guys know dohcnotec, or theo.. careful, he's a crook sold me some gay *** p08 ecu with missing chips inside the ecu. evil ******.

Old 11-21-2004, 04:03 PM

Default Re: My d16 turbo, representing the HMT, only.. a little worst (evilcivilian)

thats some ghetty *** ****
Old 11-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Former Vendor

Default Re: My d16 turbo, representing the HMT, only.. a little worst (evilcivilian)

Umm.............. Why oh why do you people do this???

That's a lot of JB weld, and do i see black ductape holding the pipes together?
Old 11-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, kewl beans....
Old 11-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My d16 turbo, representing the HMT, only.. a little worst (PSI2HI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PSI2HI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Umm..............

That's a lot of JB weld, and do i see black ductape holding the pipes together?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, but its all supported underneath, can't see it, there are clamps its gonna hold
Old 11-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My d16 turbo, representing the HMT, only.. a little worst (ComputerJLT)

Thats some pretty ghetto *** ****
Old 11-21-2004, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My d16 turbo, representing the HMT, only.. a little worst (D15B7turbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D15B7turbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats some pretty ghetto *** **** </TD></TR></TABLE>

noticed how only the turbo parts are ghetto.. engine mangement are top of the line.. well i guess only the WB is since its ******* expensive as hell

because i didn't use FMU or VAFC? lol
Old 11-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

idk how much you're planning on boosting, but my experiences with that JB weld hasn't been too good Hopefully you'll have better luck, but i wouldnt bet on it
Old 11-21-2004, 04:16 PM

its ghetto cuz its HMT.. haha.. and u sir have some weak *** arms..
Old 11-21-2004, 04:44 PM

Default Re: My d16 turbo, representing the HMT, only.. a little worst (eli_vang)

haha, that has got to be the most ghetto set up I've seen!
Old 11-21-2004, 04:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My d16 turbo, representing the HMT, only.. a little worst (sporkcrx)

HMT represent

Love the ghettofabulousness!
Old 11-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My d16 turbo, representing the HMT, only.. a little worst (sporkcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sporkcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha, that has got to be the most ghetto set up I've seen! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Understatement of the year.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:07 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sporkcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha, that has got to be the most ghetto set up I've seen! </TD></TR></TABLE>

you mean ghettofabulous!(as already pointed out)

evilcivilian: your paint looks really nice, is it standard phantom gray pearl? or was it painted something else?
thnx.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool **** man my charge pipes used to be almost as ghetto as that . At least you got the important **** taken care of first like the wideband and uberdata . You may be blowing charge pipes, but at least your motor aint gonna blow up .
Old 11-21-2004, 05:15 PM

Is that duct tape holding the charge pipes together???? If you sent the money on the uberdata and other tuning tools why go getto with the rest????
Old 11-21-2004, 05:26 PM

Default Re: My d16 turbo, representing the HMT, only.. a little worst (elitesi8)

i wouldnt even pop my hood let alone put it on the net if that was my setup
Old 11-21-2004, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My d16 turbo, representing the HMT, only.. a little worst (Tad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RYAN_SJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wouldnt even pop my hood let alone put it on the net if that was my setup</TD></TR></TABLE>

awww.. sorry if i dont make 1 gazillion dollars an hour working for bill gates.
if it works.. why not?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elitesi8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is that duct tape holding the charge pipes together???? If you sent the money on the uberdata and other tuning tools why go getto with the rest???? </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha.. charge pipes and whatever can blow up, im keeping my engine safe. It looks ghetto, but it won't perform ghetto.. ill prove it to you.. ill make a video ASAP when its in so we'll see? oh yeah duct tape is to cover up the clamps which are rusted.. there are metal pipes under all connections so it keeps it hard and clamped.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">cool **** man my charge pipes used to be almost as ghetto as that . At least you got the important **** taken care of first like the wideband and uberdata . You may be blowing charge pipes, but at least your motor aint gonna blow up .</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks yo! i couldn't have said it any better

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you mean ghettofabulous!(as already pointed out)

evilcivilian: your paint looks really nice, is it standard phantom gray pearl? or was it painted something else?
thnx.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey Tad: thanks for the compliment, yes its the STOCK phantom Gray.. only when we mixed it he added JUST a "tad bit of" crystal or whatever. I would say it looks very good because
1. a VERY VERY good painter did it for me (my friend's dad whose computer i fix all the time did it for me and he wasn't it doing it for money.. for favor so do you think he'll half *** anything? nope) all the holes for the honda signs are shaved WITH welded on metal, its awesome.. the antenna hole is flawlessly shaved with welded on metal as well..
2. the clear that was used was intended for HIGH grade cars, mercedes, bmv, all that good stuff. I paid it at price because once again I got very lucky and i was very patient.

anymore questions anyone? Looks really ghetto huh? im proud because i've done mostly everything myself PLUS! i've learned more than the average joe and I can pretty much FIX anything IF anything breaks down with MORE ghetto fabolous stuff.. now you guys get it?
Old 11-21-2004, 07:37 PM

I'm going to go along with everyone else and say:

"That **** ******* sucks."

Once it's tuned, let us know what it puts down on your dyno...which I'm sure you're in the process of making with electrical tape and paint cans.

I can't believe the strides people go to save a buck. (literally)
Old 11-21-2004, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My d16 turbo, representing the HMT, only.. a little worst (diputs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by diputs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm going to go along with everyone else and say:

"That **** ******* sucks."

Once it's tuned, let us know what it puts down on your dyno...which I'm sure you're in the process of making with electrical tape and paint cans.

I can't believe the strides people go to save a buck. (literally) </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha comedian! nah man... ill really prove it to you and who said i was saving a buck? I dont have that kinda money OK? lol but im not gonna sit home all day eating candy while waiting for the money to some day come.. i feel like I can do something MYSELF outta things that I already have is that wrong?

it doesn't suck.. there are people who really want what I have. So what do you say to those people, they suck too? Maybe some of them are your friends.. unless you're a Doctor Driving a HONDA. then.. umm all I gotta say is

ps. no one said it sucks.. some just have doubts so you my friend are the only one who said it sucks.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i can guarantee that this setup will make power just fine. I started out with a very similar setup on my d16. I had a ghetto smic setup with it basically sitting in the corner of the engine bay by the headlight. I also had super ghetto charge pipes with a ton of couplers. However i did have uberdata and 450cc injectors so the fuel managment was alright. The setup pulled suprisingly well and i'm sure it was capable of mid 14's easy on only 7psi. After about a month with that setup i got all new mandrel bent intercooler piping and a jrc fmic. To tell you the truth i didn't feel a huge difference in power at all. I did however feel a little bit safer because i no longer had the intercooler in the hot engine bay .
Old 11-21-2004, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by evilcivilian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

all the holes for the honda signs are shaved WITH welded on metal, its awesome.. the antenna hole is flawlessly shaved with welded on metal as well.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

wait you know someone that can weld? AND he does favors for you?!
Old 11-21-2004, 08:00 PM
Trial User

if you dont have the money to do it right then dont do it. its not that hard of a thing to figure out.
you will waste alot of time by just trying to get things running kinda ok.

jb weld wont hold over time. its not a secret either. finding some small shop (muffler or wutever) to weld it for you cant be that much more expensive.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My d16 turbo, representing the HMT, only.. a little worst (Bob-DC2)

lol, sounds exciting to get the turbo running eh...

AS any of us, im sure we were excited to first start the car and drive it.. - Ghetto as it is, but do it at least somewhat right, or else you will have TONS! of headaches on the long run... Goodluck..
Old 11-21-2004, 08:24 PM

Default Re: My d16 turbo, representing the HMT, only.. a little worst (Bob-DC2)

You'll be getting a letter from my attorney. I fell off my chair and injured myself laughing at your kit. That's your fault...so, yeah...I'm suing. What damages am I seeking? I looking to get all your duct tape and super glue in my claim. Because without them, you're powerless!

In response...do it once, do it right. You'll learn one lesson from this, though. You will inevitably replace this turd-wad of a kit. At that point, you will always be able to look at the turbo setups you have in the future and think back, "damn, I can't believe how much better this is than my shitty, taped-up, ghetto first kit I put together."

I'd rather be slow and planning for greatness than sporting crap.

Old 11-21-2004, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My d16 turbo, representing the HMT, only.. a little worst (D15B7turbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D15B7turbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats some pretty ghetto *** **** </TD></TR></TABLE>

Quick Reply: My d16 turbo, representing the HMT, only.. a little worst