Notices

my check engine keeps blinking..

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my check engine keeps blinking..

i need some advice on my car...

im running a gen 3 kit with a garret t3 turbo in my integra ls 98 @ 8 psi, with vortech fmu (crappy set up,i know )...for some reason i keep seeing smoke coming out of my brether (white smoke) located by the oil cap...and when i open the oil cap i see the white smoke comin out also, and my from my exhuast. i checked my sprak plugs my vacum hoes and eveything.

when i start my car, i rev up my car and all i can see is the white smoke coming underneth the turbo manifold and turbo, but im not sure its coming from.. i jacke up my car and looked around and still can't tell.....

(i don't see any smoke when i drive normal under 50 mph or no boost, but that check engine is still there)

now, if my head gasket was blown shouldn't oil, steam, etc.. come out between the cylinder head and the block. ( i don't see any of it)

now, if i blew a psiton ring won't my sprak plug be covered with some oil???? also wont' i feel power lost (which i DON'T)

COULD IT BE MY TURBO IS FRIED??????

when i reset my ecu by pulling out the neg battery... the check enging goes away..but when i boost thats where that annoying *** check engine come on and keeps blinking.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!! IM GETTING DESPERATE....
Old 07-15-2003, 09:33 PM

Default Re: my check engine keeps blinking.. (thor559)

what are u running? missing link or check valves? have you checked the CEL code to see what the problem is? you don't have to guess the problem, sometimes checking the code can actually help you. imagine that! also i don't think the lite should be blinking on its own while ur driving. sounds like either something is terribly wrong or ur driving around with ur service connector jumpered
Old 07-15-2003, 09:42 PM

Default Re: my check engine keeps blinking.. (thor559)

thanks...
yeah its a missing link...i checked that already..the code read it was misfiring but i change my spark plugs and time it...