Notices

my 1.6 stock bottom end turbo integra build

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: my 1.6 stock bottom end turbo integra build

can still crank the boost a lil bit to what i normally run on the street, but IMO it's not worth it since I am basically right at the 9000rpm limiter in 4th at the traps
Old 10-16-2011, 05:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice really nice.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

got a charger on the laptop, some rest and was able to check out my datalog on that run. I'm pretty much out of injector now, so I guess next time I need to put my LSD in, lower the front of the car some (didn't realized the coilovers were as low as they would go lol) and get more seat time to try for perhaps an 11.5-11.7 run. My shifter bushing on the transmission that helps keep the stablizer bar part of the shifter disintegrated on me at the track and I thought I was done, having to granny shift (went 12.1@116 on a run like this) but I managed to figure out to use a few feet of one of the straps that I strap my car onto the trailer rolled up to basically make a new shift bushing. I wish I would have gotten a pic rofl.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a pic my buddy Vanessa shot as I was rolling in to Evadale Raceway
Old 10-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone know why my boost is more below 7500 rpm? I'm thinking I may not be running enough timing at that part of the map. I'm really conservative on timing (at least I think I am) on this setup since it's a stock motor on 93 octane and my daily driver.

this graph makes me wonder
Old 10-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fun build.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In 1st, are starting from 5800 and going to 6800?
Old 10-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mar778c
In 1st, are starting from 5800 and going to 6800?
two-step in crome gold is at 6800. I had it lower but felt like the car was bogging on my first run.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i figured it would be easier to see RPM on this graph too, since I'm thinking about adding some timing on my map.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, I would try adding more timing, but I wonder what it looks like on a dyno.

Also, thanks for clarifying the 2-step.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

unless I get bigger slicks and lower the rev limit, looks like I need to crank the fuel pressure and/or get bigger injectors. I'd love to get some ID1000's...maybe next month hehe.

I love the two-step (or stand-still boost generator as i think it's called in the software) on crome gold. builds up to 12 lb of boost if i sit and wait on it... but it sure does scare the hell out of me hitting twostep at 6800 on my stock motor.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

after playing around with the data in excel along with my timeslip I come up with this:

feel free to offer any advice or criticisms for improvement. Need to get that 60' down and the 1-2 shift improved for sure!
Old 10-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you could always up the 2 step rpm. with 300 whp, my 2 step was at 7.5-7.8 (tps variable). i was also running 23's up front. the lowest 60ft i managed was a 1.58
Old 10-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 95dxsir2
you could always up the 2 step rpm. with 300 whp, my 2 step was at 7.5-7.8 (tps variable). i was also running 23's up front. the lowest 60ft i managed was a 1.58
what kind of car? weight?
Old 10-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

eg coupe. 2200lbs with me in it.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well I managed to run my car at IFO Houston in the test and tune session (brought the CRX to run All Motor Sport and got the win) so I could race one of the other members of Houston Imports in a grudge match. I beat him on the track (and street) with ease.

this is how it went down:

I melted a piston last week tuesday when I decided to beat the crap out of this supercharged mercedes on the street. I took the piston out thursday night and noticed the cylinder wall wasn't too bad..... so I gave it a light hone to take out the scratches and put another GSR piston on that rod Friday morning at my buddy's machine shop. I was busy all week long and could really work on the car for a little bit at a time during the week, so I it back together friday night without getting any sleep. The compression in my motor was always around 170-180 before, but with the new piston with old rings and obviously a looser clearance due to me honing out the scratches the #3 cylinder was now around 130-140. I ended up putting my built head on and my blox C all motor cams. I tuned the car on the way to HRP as I drove it and didn't really like how the all motor cams did. I've read a lot where people say bigger cams work and where people say they don't work on turbo cars, so I'll assume that they aren't a good fit for this particular setup. I made one pass down the track on them and didn't like how the car felt so I let out and went like a 13.8 coasting. I then let the car cool down for 30 min and put my ITR cams in, which, from what I hear, are usually a good fit for a turbo setup like I have. Now the car isn't really tuned for the ITR cams, but I figured I could get it pretty dang close if I could just drive it on boost. I decided to take two 2nd gear pulls on the lil side road there on the track parking lot to get some data and make adjustments. I got the fuel to what I thought was a safe level but knew I didn't have time to tune the car perfectly. It was running really rich past 8500 but still pulled hard on 13 lb, so I decided to go to the staging lanes. Test and tune was running and I actually went into the staging lanes after they were supposed to be shut down mainly because the guy who was avoiding a grudge race with me was last in line with nobody next to him to race LOL. I went 12.0@113 letting out towards the end of the track since I knew I would clearly win the race and really didn't want to stress the motor more than I had to.

I have the pic on my google+ account as public so hopefully the timeslip will show up ok.

The grudge match went well for me but the idiot was still running his trap. I cranked the boost to 18 lbs for the ride home and smoked him on the street even worse even though I was pedaling the car on street tires to keep from spinning too much.

i wanted to put it on E85 but didn't have time due to having to finish the AMS CRX that I brought to the event to run a class. I think I want to run it on somewhere between 13 and 18 lb at the track soon to see how it does before I try race gas or E85.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mikesrex
I ended up putting my built head on and my blox C all motor cams. I tuned the car on the way to HRP as I drove it and didn't really like how the all motor cams did. I've read a lot where people say bigger cams work and where people say they don't work on turbo cars, so I'll assume that they aren't a good fit for this particular setup.
Blox C's work best with at least 1.8L and 11:0 or better compression.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mar778c
Blox C's work best with at least 1.8L and 11:0 or better compression.
ah i see thanks for the info. I may try them out again one day on another build then hehe
Old 10-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

finally got a chance to tune the car and it's on 17-18 lb now still on 93 octane pump gas. I hope it holds together lolz. It's on '01 ITR cams now and feels good when it hooks (basically the only time i can go full throttle is in 4th gear on certain road surfaces)

may try to run at houston raceway park on friday to see what it can do
Old 10-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just ordered a neptune RTP board with the PWM boost control solenoid and ECU components to try out (I'm pretty sure I'll need boost by gear with my CRX build later on down the road) it comes in next week i think

also have some MT 24.5/9-13's coming in friday. I wanted the MH 24.5/9.5-13's but they didn't have any in stock
Old 10-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my car on 13 lb racing a grudge match against a guy who trolled my threads on the houston imports forum for 2 years while avoiding racing me. I made it happen at the Houston IFO this past weekend. Let off in 4th gear when I knew I had the win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWwI_306RBo
Old 10-29-2011, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well I got some new slicks and they hook really well lmao

they are MT 24.5/9.0-13's and I had to use wheel screws to keep the slick from spinning on the wheel at 6.5 psi. Here is a pic showing the difference between the 24.5 and the 22 that I was previously running

first time on the track I did a burnout and then broke an axle on launch.

I put another axle in and made a hit on the car, but it blew the tires off in 1st and part of 2nd gear. I was pretty pissed off that I spun tires so badly so I hit the brakes sometimes after the 1000' mark and before the 1/4 was over. After looking at the timeslip it was cool to see the car going 95 mph in the 1/8th despite the fact I was pedaling it to keep from spinning too much.

The slicks had 10 psi in them after that run, so I knew it was time to lower the pressure. I lowered it back to 6.5 and tried to make another run. I had to back off the line twice actually due to some bullshit oil leaks. My turbo drain had started to leak and I managed to fix it to get one more pass in. On this pass I got a pretty good burnout and figured now it's time to see what the car can do. Here is the end result of that run LOL

I put another axle back in and drove the car home. I guess it's time to get some good axles lol. i guess i could launch the car with less violence, but i'd rather get some 1.5x 60's and shooting for 10's now that I see that 95mph 1/8th mile trap even though I was pedaling the car so much on the short track.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

keep it up, looks like your having alot of fun!!!
Old 10-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by b16racereg6
keep it up, looks like your having alot of fun!!!

Lol yeah i really am. It sucks tk keep changjng axles out at the track but im glad i brought extras and the car stilm drove home under its own power.

Right now im doing some research into running hubs which will accommodate the axles with 36mm nuts. Ive seen them in the past but its been a while. I think circuitworx made the hubs in the past
Old 11-01-2011, 04:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great going Mike. Hitting the dyno any time soon to see the fruits of your labor? I think I have some 880's lying around used only on the dyno. If you need them before getting those 1,000's you're welcome to try them for a while. My build, shop, and almost all parts were taken in a fire week before last so just let me know.
Rob

Quick Reply: my 1.6 stock bottom end turbo integra build