Notices

MoTec M4 ECU / MoTec engine harness product review

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

95% of aem (or any ecu problems for that mattter) are from people that have no idea wtf they are doing using them and shitty wiring/sensors.

the motec is good and you hardly ever hear of a failure, but i wonder how many failures we'd hear about if there were as many on the market as aem has ems's on the market.

whats the price for an M4? We sell the 1050U for $1705 and offer discounts, etc for a whole package deal.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (JDogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
whats the price for an M4? We sell the 1050U for $1705 and offer discounts, etc for a whole package deal.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The M4 itself is less than that number. ^^^

And I disagree with you JDogg.... A vehicle specific AEM EMS should not have problems with stock sensors. IE: many many VSS issues, Anti-Lag issues ect.
Honda has very reliable sensors.... more reliable than the AEM EMS maybe.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: MoTec M4 ECU / MoTec engine harness product review (.dave)

There are soo many choices, which ones are you guys using, or recommend? Fiberglass sleeving, Side entry sleeving, the list goes on.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can't go wrong with motec. I run it also m800 ecu, adl dash/logger and 4 channel cdi. Best investment ever.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">95% of aem (or any ecu problems for that mattter) are from people that have no idea wtf they are doing using them and shitty wiring/sensors.</TD></TR></TABLE>

its more like 99% unfortunately...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tepid1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
And I disagree with you JDogg.... A vehicle specific AEM EMS should not have problems with stock sensors. IE: many many VSS issues, Anti-Lag issues ect.
Honda has very reliable sensors.... more reliable than the AEM EMS maybe. </TD></TR></TABLE>

get your facts straight before you talk...

the ONLY issues with sensors are with the stock distributors, and ALL stand alones not based off a the stock ecu have those same issues.

if there is an issue otherwise, its either a) fucked up stock wiring or b) faulty user
Old 09-17-2007, 03:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wHOAlly)

Actually Hoa I do have my facts straight....

Joe and Ryan both had to send their boxes out for issues. Joe Simpson had no anti-lag and it ended up being an AEM EMS issue internal to the box. Ryan Smith has not had VSS work on his car.... ever. Also had problems connecting to the laptop. Just out of the blue. Never had problems before. He just got his box back so we'll see how it does. Heck, I know someone else who has issues with his Anti-lag as well. I bet he'll be sending his box back to AEM as well....

Also for you to say ALL non OEM based systems have issues with OEM sensors is just wrong.

Modified by tepid1 at 2:11 PM 9/19/2007
Old 09-17-2007, 03:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn ballers !!

looks good ! i thought it was going to come all dr-25'd
Old 09-17-2007, 05:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MoTec M4 ECU / MoTec engine harness product review (DaveF)

I did too actually. Once I heard the price of the harness w/DR-25 I almost passed out. lol
Old 09-17-2007, 07:32 AM
i HAS questions ?

Default Re: MoTec M4 ECU / MoTec engine harness product review (tepid1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tepid1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I did too actually. Once I heard the price of the harness w/DR-25 I almost passed out. lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

The heat shrink transitions they use on those harnesses are hella expensive too.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They are not that bad price waise actually Dave. I use Hallermann (sp?) for all my own stuff throught the rest of the car. They are the same exact quality as Raychem's boots.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tepid1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tepid1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Joe and Ryan both had to send their boxes out for issues. Joe Simpson had no anti-lag and it ended up being an AEM EMS issue internal to the box. Ryan Smith has not had VSS work on his car.... ever. Also had problems connecting to the laptop. Just out of the blue. Never had problems before. He just got his box back so we'll see how it does. Heck Chad Colfer has issues with his Anti-lag as well. I bet he'll be sending his box back to AEM as well....

Also for you to say ALL non OEM based systems have issues with OEM sensors is just wrong.</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is also the same ryan that couldnt get the EMS box to work with the T1 hall trigger setup, what did it end up being? incorrect jumper settings which were laid out in tony's instructions.

#1 issue with coms issues is due to the usb to serial connections, anything that uses a serial connection has this issue, and im not just talkin about automotive ems' either.

as for the antilag issue, ill gaurantee you right, now its not an antilag issue, its something else, but it affects the antilag, what the actual problem is? i have no clue as i havent talked to anyone with the issue or have had it happen to me.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rota92)

lol who do they take you for ryan? lol Love rumors... I am sure the aem users are loving having to take time off or swap out for another box!
Old 09-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (d15bfi)

I cannot wait till I get my hand on 1,

Yes the motec is kinda expensive, but who said building a competitive drag car was cheap?

We spend thousands of dollars on turbo's, motor's and heads. Why would we want to cheap out and settle for something less than great or perfect.

A smart man once said "Your setup is as strong as your weakest link " something like that
Old 09-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (d15bfi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rota92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Nah, my problem was the coil dwell. I did the cam trigger settings right, I never moved JTP 3 though but it only needed 1 and 2 to work.

I'm not that stupid, just computer inept </TD></TR></TABLE>

as far as i know, i tested your cal and saw no issues with it, so it wasnt a dwell issue. along with talking to tony, since he was the one that asked me to look at the cal, it was something on your end with hardware that got it sorted out

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by d15bfi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> lol Love rumors... </TD></TR></TABLE>

rumors? no, first hand here...

sorry sidetracking the thread here, i simply hate it when ppl state false info when they know nothing about it

bottom line, reguardless if its motec, pectel, aem, hondata, neptune, crome etc....if you have an idiot behind the keyboard the system will "suck". so if you can put the motec to use, then more power to ya, but if your having a hard time utilizing crome, the motec wont help a dam bit.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rip94delsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rip94delsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I cannot wait till I get my hand on 1,

We spend thousands of dollars on turbo's, motor's and heads. </TD></TR></TABLE>

wonder what your girl thinks when she gets a small *** ring
Old 09-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rota92)

To some girls its not what they have but how you make them feel, to this day she is more excited about the car then I am.

I think more about the cash and she just thinks times and mph. she kinda scares me

she's a keeper

Old 09-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rip94delsol)

They still use MS-DOS down unda?

Old 09-17-2007, 03:48 PM
New User

Default Re: (wHOAlly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wHOAlly &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

b][bottom line, reguardless if its motec, pectel, aem, hondata, neptune, crome etc....if you have an idiot behind the keyboard the system will "suck". so if you can put the motec to use, then more power to ya, but if your having a hard time utilizing crome, the motec wont help a dam bit.[/b]</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have never quoted anyone in my sig BUT I think I would add this

I am no tuner either soooooo...
Old 09-17-2007, 04:52 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .dave &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

http://www.p-r-s.com has awesome stuff for wiring as well. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hell yeah. Talk to Clint @ PRS, he is the man. We get all of our harness building supplies from them (my god I love DR25.....I'm playing with a lil piece right now!).

Nice M4 and harness, I think you will be very happy with the MoTeC.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MoTec M4 ECU / MoTec engine harness product review (nfn15037)

Good **** Bro

Old 09-18-2007, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tepid1)

Heck Chad Colfer has issues with his Anti-lag as well. I bet he'll be sending his box back to AEM as well....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Chris please do not put my name out there like this. I will update my thread after I test what was suggested to me. I had one of the first 20 aem boxes made back in the day. I did have problems with that box when I upgraded from version .73 to .94 the problems went away when I went back to .89. That car was then stolen and never found.

I bought another aem box 1000 series and have yet to have an issue with the box, or with coil drivers going bad and have been running this box since 02.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (underpressure02)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Chris please do not put my name out there like this. I will update my thread after I test what was suggested to me. I had one of the first 20 aem boxes made back in the day. I did have problems with that box when I upgraded from version .73 to .94 the problems went away when I went back to .89. That car was then stolen and never found.

I bought another aem box 1000 series and have yet to have an issue with the box, or with coil drivers going bad and have been running this box since 02. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, i can vouch for the effictivness of the anti lag in chads car **** was insane
Old 09-18-2007, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol, i can vouch for the effictivness of the anti lag in chads car **** was insane </TD></TR></TABLE>

x2 Jpooped w/ the gansta gun shot, antilag/2 step !
Old 09-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DaveF)

Anyone know how much a full plug and play harness runs for a 98+acura integra GSR.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (integlspwr2k)

It was stated on the first page in the initial write up....

About $1k.

Quick Reply: MoTec M4 ECU / MoTec engine harness product review