Notices

Most JRSC Boost LHT Intercooled

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most JRSC Boost LHT Intercooled

What's the most boost people have run with a JRSC? I realize they're heat limited, but those concerns are mostly alleviated with an intercooler from LHT.

Looking at John's website, I see a few cars on there running this. None of them are running >11-13 lbs of boost. Why is that?

What's the most air that an M62 will push?

Veris's calculator is great, and says a CRV Crank pulley, MVM stepper, and 3.4" nose pulley will push out 17 lbs on a Endyne ported blower. Only question is whether or not that's practical at all.

Putting together a setup to run on 93 Octane on a forged-internal ~10.7:1 CR, ported PR3 head LSVTEC.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Most JRSC Boost LHT Intercooled

its really depending on how fast your spinning the blower as PSI's differ from application to application. there is a limit to how fast you can spin the stock m62 blower (cant remember the RPM's at this moment) before the rotors start to "clearance themselves", in other words, they start to expand from all the heat and either the bearings start to fail or the rotors will start to touch the housing and possibly each other and then its big boom for your motor. you can port and polish the blower and s-tube as well as the manifold to help move the air more efficiently therefore actually raising the PSI's but without supporting mods like cam degreeing a 4-1 header with large primaries and a 2.5" exhaust or larger you may not see any increase. the stock M62 provided with these kits is pretty much equivalent to a small turbo in a sense, upgrading to a larger unit or finding some way to add "TVS" style rotors would make it more efficient like upgrading the turbine wheel on a turbo...hope that helps.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah. That helps some on the "theory" side. I wasn't aware of the "clearancing" of the rotors. That's some interesting info. Thanks for that.

This M62 is one that's been ported Endyn. Maybe I need to call Larry and pose this question to him.

But the question remains of "How fast is too fast" for the blower?
Old 10-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

also keep in mind that the LHT manifold drops PSI post manifold due to being a slight restriction but prior to the manifold, the PSI stays constant so although they may say 11-13 psi at the manifold, it may actually be 14-15 psi after the blower.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We had a customer running 17 psi on his LHT JRSC setup. Ant the belt speed, he had trouble keeping belts on it. Constantly threw belts off, dyno, street, track. Ended up with a custom pulley setup that worked well, but shortly after parted the car.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

M62 won't support 17psi unless it is on a small motor. ie b16a

I run my ported and rebuilt blower to 18000 rpm, but that is 4000 rpm above spec. I get 10-11psi after the LHT on a 2l motor.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Garage 808 Hatch
We had a customer running 17 psi on his LHT JRSC setup. Ant the belt speed, he had trouble keeping belts on it. Constantly threw belts off, dyno, street, track. Ended up with a custom pulley setup that worked well, but shortly after parted the car.
Can you provide any more info on the custom pulley setup?

Also, I run my lht intercooled jrsc at 10 psi. It's more like 7-8, but occasionally peaks at 10. I think if you run higher boost on a stock jrsc, it generates too much heat, it's out of the blowers efficiency range, point of diminishing returns, etc.