Notices

More progress but a few fallbacks.....check out inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More progress but a few fallbacks.....check out inside

95 GSR stock b18c1, stock internals
sc34, inline pro mani, skunk2 im, revhard dp, revhard piping, greddy type r bov, tial 38mm 0.5bar wastegate (7.25psi), 2.5" carsound cat, 70mm kakimoto exhaust, walbro 255 fuel pump, rc 550cc injectors.....no boost controller

Now we have been having a ton of trouble getting this car going. I've now gone through 2 chips for my ecu to run the 550cc's and I am getting too much fuel. The spark plugs are barely getting spark because they are coated in fuel each time we pull them. We have cleaned them off each time and it keeps happening. The car smokes like hell (running open downpipe for the moment, until I can get the car going so I can hit up an exhaust shop), but you can just smell the fuel burning (reading 50 on my gauge, should be around 40-42). The oil is perfect, running mobil 1 synthetic. I replaced most of the distributer because we thought that was why we weren't getting any spark. Turns out that was all good. We finally got the car running but its just buried rich with fuel.

I also spotted an exhaust leak between where the turbo is bolted to the downpipe. Now everyone told me to not put a gasket there to just run it on each other and just tighten the **** out of the bolts. Well I did and its leaking. Not sure what to do...Just tighten them again? or....what?

So right now I am thinking about putting the stock injectors back in tonight. I've got a chip with upgraded fuel pressure for the stock injectors (obviously I wouldn't be boosting like this). Just to drive to get the car tuned (over 200 miles to drive there) so its going to be a haul. I just want to make sure the car is safe driving there, on stock injectors, Im smart with my car so I will be going as easy as possibly on it. Now I am hoping that chip doesn't dump a **** load of fuel in there either, we'll find out tonight. I bought new spark plugs (.30 gap), so Ill put those in after I clean out the goddam fuel thats in there.

We got everything else with the car absolutely done. I mean everything, we ran a test to get all the vacuum leaks and we tightened everything possible. No leaks at all....thanks to our fancy home depot tester we made.

What do you guys think about running stock injectors until I get to the tuner. Now once I get there I am going to swap in the RC's, hopefully that works out fine and we can get the car running and tune those.....Ill find out in a few hours if I can finally drive this thing...Ill keep this post updated on the progress. thanks for any ideas or suggestions in advance Im going to take a compression test tonight too to see where my numbers are at.

Modified by patdemps at 3:25 PM 5/23/2004